One day thought I'm sure... I have a bad feeling my Islays are going to have a rought first winter here in MI...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Buying and Selling
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:27 am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Can I get the toe of my leather shoes repaired? Can I put in metal...Last edited: 2/11/16
- How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/Last edited: 2/10/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 382post #5716 of 2541111/22/13 at 1:51pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5717 of 2541111/22/13 at 2:26pmQuote:
It's only a country boot in the 64-lasted versions. The other ones are poncified modern takes on the original field boot, and hardly suited for even a stout walk in the country...post #5718 of 2541111/22/13 at 3:26pmQuote:
You are welcome to your view of course, but however poncified a particular Galway might be it isn't transformed into a dress boot in my opinion.post #5719 of 2541111/22/13 at 3:39pmpost #5720 of 2541111/23/13 at 5:49amQuote:
I agree, the ones on the 64 last are the only real field boots the rest are not fit for purpose IMHO! I have the Galway on the 64, 82 and 202 last all for different use and I love them all, you may have to look at Trickers if you want any other country boot.post #5721 of 2541111/23/13 at 4:29pmQuote:
"poncified" Now that's a word you don't often see used. I rather like it.post #5722 of 2541111/23/13 at 4:31pmQuote:
Please add, "Galway 202 is not."
Thank you.post #5723 of 2541111/24/13 at 6:00am
Depending what trousers you are wearing the boots with, 95% of the time I wear chinos and only some days at the office I wear formal trousers but I still consider the Galway on the 202 last to be a bit formal. My take on this is that the Shannon boot is a more formal style boot and the Galway is the casual boot.
In my knowledge the Galway was originally made as a hunting boot ( if I am not wrong here) but I can not really go hunting with these!
Edited by Farhad19620 - 11/24/13 at 6:32ampost #5724 of 2541111/24/13 at 7:19amQuote:Quote:
Farhad - I refer you to the lucid observation by CTBrummie.
I wear mine with chinos and denim usually. I suppose in a pinch I'd wear them with flannels if dictated by the weather.
Definitely not a hunting or hiking boot in the configuration I have- the poncified strolling around town in wet weather model.post #5725 of 2541111/25/13 at 9:21ampost #5726 of 2541111/26/13 at 10:46pmEarthdragon - you piece of shit are selling shoes that were generously proxied for you during the last EG factory sale. What the fuck is wrong with you? An SF'er went out of his way to find your requested boots, ships them to you at cost and without a proxy fee and you go out and sell them for profit. Go stuff your coffin full of moneypost #5727 of 2541111/26/13 at 10:48pmpost #5728 of 2541111/27/13 at 3:57amQuote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
Earthdragon - you piece of shit are selling shoes that were generously proxied for you during the last EG factory sale. What the fuck is wrong with you? An SF'er went out of his way to find your requested boots, ships them to you at cost and without a proxy fee and you go out and sell them for profit. Go stuff your coffin full of money
If this is true, then it is very uncool...post #5729 of 2541111/27/13 at 4:07am
Guys, you might remember these boots I bought a while ago on ebay for a song.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I sent them off for refurbishment right away, and after six weeks (they quoted me 8-10 when I sent them) I received them from the factory. Needless to say, I'm extremely pleased with the result - they'll be my new rainy day boots. I was also positively surprised that they had gladly rebranded them as EG (the Asprey company is no longer around, I reckon).
Let the porn begin... (Click to show)
BTW, it's my first pair of EG
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 20 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 30 seconds ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 11 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 14 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 15 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 15 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?