One day thought I'm sure... I have a bad feeling my Islays are going to have a rought first winter here in MI...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E Last post on Yesterday at 9:43 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Marketplace
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 382post #5716 of 2046611/22/13 at 1:51pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5717 of 2046611/22/13 at 2:26pmQuote:
It's only a country boot in the 64-lasted versions. The other ones are poncified modern takes on the original field boot, and hardly suited for even a stout walk in the country...post #5718 of 2046611/22/13 at 3:26pmQuote:
You are welcome to your view of course, but however poncified a particular Galway might be it isn't transformed into a dress boot in my opinion.post #5719 of 2046611/22/13 at 3:39pmpost #5720 of 2046611/23/13 at 5:49amQuote:
I agree, the ones on the 64 last are the only real field boots the rest are not fit for purpose IMHO! I have the Galway on the 64, 82 and 202 last all for different use and I love them all, you may have to look at Trickers if you want any other country boot.post #5721 of 2046611/23/13 at 4:29pmQuote:
"poncified" Now that's a word you don't often see used. I rather like it.post #5722 of 2046611/23/13 at 4:31pmQuote:
Please add, "Galway 202 is not."
Thank you.post #5723 of 2046611/24/13 at 6:00am
Depending what trousers you are wearing the boots with, 95% of the time I wear chinos and only some days at the office I wear formal trousers but I still consider the Galway on the 202 last to be a bit formal. My take on this is that the Shannon boot is a more formal style boot and the Galway is the casual boot.
In my knowledge the Galway was originally made as a hunting boot ( if I am not wrong here) but I can not really go hunting with these!
Edited by Farhad19620 - 11/24/13 at 6:32ampost #5724 of 2046611/24/13 at 7:19amQuote:Quote:
Farhad - I refer you to the lucid observation by CTBrummie.
I wear mine with chinos and denim usually. I suppose in a pinch I'd wear them with flannels if dictated by the weather.
Definitely not a hunting or hiking boot in the configuration I have- the poncified strolling around town in wet weather model.post #5725 of 2046611/25/13 at 9:21ampost #5726 of 2046611/26/13 at 10:46pmEarthdragon - you piece of shit are selling shoes that were generously proxied for you during the last EG factory sale. What the fuck is wrong with you? An SF'er went out of his way to find your requested boots, ships them to you at cost and without a proxy fee and you go out and sell them for profit. Go stuff your coffin full of moneypost #5727 of 2046611/26/13 at 10:48pmpost #5728 of 2046611/27/13 at 3:57amQuote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
Earthdragon - you piece of shit are selling shoes that were generously proxied for you during the last EG factory sale. What the fuck is wrong with you? An SF'er went out of his way to find your requested boots, ships them to you at cost and without a proxy fee and you go out and sell them for profit. Go stuff your coffin full of money
If this is true, then it is very uncool...post #5729 of 2046611/27/13 at 4:07am
Guys, you might remember these boots I bought a while ago on ebay for a song.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I sent them off for refurbishment right away, and after six weeks (they quoted me 8-10 when I sent them) I received them from the factory. Needless to say, I'm extremely pleased with the result - they'll be my new rainy day boots. I was also positively surprised that they had gladly rebranded them as EG (the Asprey company is no longer around, I reckon).
Let the porn begin... (Click to show)
BTW, it's my first pair of EG
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Leather Quality and Properties 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Friday Challenge July 24th - Denim 2 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 4 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 5 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 8 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...