One day thought I'm sure... I have a bad feeling my Islays are going to have a rought first winter here in MI...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Buying and Selling
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:19 am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 382post #5716 of 3021411/22/13 at 1:51pmpost #5717 of 3021411/22/13 at 2:26pmQuote:
It's only a country boot in the 64-lasted versions. The other ones are poncified modern takes on the original field boot, and hardly suited for even a stout walk in the country...post #5718 of 3021411/22/13 at 3:26pmQuote:
You are welcome to your view of course, but however poncified a particular Galway might be it isn't transformed into a dress boot in my opinion.post #5719 of 3021411/22/13 at 3:39pmpost #5720 of 3021411/23/13 at 5:49amQuote:
I agree, the ones on the 64 last are the only real field boots the rest are not fit for purpose IMHO! I have the Galway on the 64, 82 and 202 last all for different use and I love them all, you may have to look at Trickers if you want any other country boot.post #5721 of 3021411/23/13 at 4:29pmQuote:
"poncified" Now that's a word you don't often see used. I rather like it.post #5722 of 3021411/23/13 at 4:31pmQuote:
Please add, "Galway 202 is not."
Thank you.post #5723 of 3021411/24/13 at 6:00am
Depending what trousers you are wearing the boots with, 95% of the time I wear chinos and only some days at the office I wear formal trousers but I still consider the Galway on the 202 last to be a bit formal. My take on this is that the Shannon boot is a more formal style boot and the Galway is the casual boot.
In my knowledge the Galway was originally made as a hunting boot ( if I am not wrong here) but I can not really go hunting with these!
Edited by Farhad19620 - 11/24/13 at 6:32ampost #5724 of 3021411/24/13 at 7:19amQuote:Quote:
Farhad - I refer you to the lucid observation by CTBrummie.
I wear mine with chinos and denim usually. I suppose in a pinch I'd wear them with flannels if dictated by the weather.
Definitely not a hunting or hiking boot in the configuration I have- the poncified strolling around town in wet weather model.post #5725 of 3021411/25/13 at 9:21ampost #5726 of 3021411/26/13 at 10:46pmEarthdragon - you piece of shit are selling shoes that were generously proxied for you during the last EG factory sale. What the fuck is wrong with you? An SF'er went out of his way to find your requested boots, ships them to you at cost and without a proxy fee and you go out and sell them for profit. Go stuff your coffin full of moneypost #5727 of 3021411/26/13 at 10:48pmpost #5728 of 3021411/27/13 at 3:57amQuote:Originally Posted by NAMOR
Earthdragon - you piece of shit are selling shoes that were generously proxied for you during the last EG factory sale. What the fuck is wrong with you? An SF'er went out of his way to find your requested boots, ships them to you at cost and without a proxy fee and you go out and sell them for profit. Go stuff your coffin full of money
If this is true, then it is very uncool...post #5729 of 3021411/27/13 at 4:07am
Guys, you might remember these boots I bought a while ago on ebay for a song.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I sent them off for refurbishment right away, and after six weeks (they quoted me 8-10 when I sent them) I received them from the factory. Needless to say, I'm extremely pleased with the result - they'll be my new rainy day boots. I was also positively surprised that they had gladly rebranded them as EG (the Asprey company is no longer around, I reckon).
Let the porn begin... (Click to show)
BTW, it's my first pair of EGpost #5730 of 3021411/27/13 at 4:24am
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 34 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 4 minutes ago
- › Hermes Agenda Refill Alternatives? 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Junkard Boots 12 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 12 minutes ago
- › BNIB Carlos Santos Balmoral Boot in brown patina 12 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...