or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 351

post #5251 of 13365

I love the blues.

post #5252 of 13365
Please - someone post a picture of "mystique"!
post #5253 of 13365

Just a heads up, we have free shipping on our three Galway models and our upcoming Alderley and Shannons.  :satisfied:

post #5254 of 13365

Dear Sirs,

 

I need some sizing help on Edward Green shoes on the 888-last.

I wear US8.5E in the Allen Edmonds 5-65 last, US9D in the 1 last, a US9D on the Crockett & Jones for Peal & Co 341 last and a UK7.5 in Tod's Loaders with rubber soles.

What do you think I should size for in the 888-last?

 

Thank you.

post #5255 of 13365
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgrim View Post

Dear Sirs,

I need some sizing help on Edward Green shoes on the 888-last.
I wear US8.5E in the Allen Edmonds 5-65 last, US9D in the 1 last, a US9D on the Crockett & Jones for Peal & Co 341 last and a UK7.5 in Tod's Loaders with rubber soles.
What do you think I should size for in the 888-last?

Thank you.

I am US9.5D in C&J for Peal 341 last.
For EG's 888, I have both UK9E and UK9.5D.
post #5256 of 13365
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgrim View Post

Dear Sirs,

I need some sizing help on Edward Green shoes on the 888-last.
I wear US8.5E in the Allen Edmonds 5-65 last, US9D in the 1 last, a US9D on the Crockett & Jones for Peal & Co 341 last and a UK7.5 in Tod's Loaders with rubber soles.
What do you think I should size for in the 888-last?

Thank you.

I would say a UK 8 E but to be sure it is always better to try the shoe on first and make sure what feels best for you.
post #5257 of 13365
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgrim View Post

Dear Sirs,

I need some sizing help on Edward Green shoes on the 888-last.
I wear US8.5E in the Allen Edmonds 5-65 last, US9D in the 1 last, a US9D on the Crockett & Jones for Peal & Co 341 last and a UK7.5 in Tod's Loaders with rubber soles.
What do you think I should size for in the 888-last?

Thank you.

I'd guess 8.5/9 E888.
post #5258 of 13365

I am seriously considering the black austerity brogue by EG for Fosters & Sons on their affiliate thread..

But I have no idea what I would wear black brogues with.. What you would pair them with? My guess is a Navy/Midnight Blue ensemble, that's not very versatile in general..

post #5259 of 13365

stgrim- Pick up the austerity brogues, if you think you will wear them every so often. Edward Green's austerity brogue (Beaulieu) is flattering and understated; it's the most elegant version of an austerity brogue I have seen.  I would suggest wearing them as you would a black plain or cap-toe.  The absence of ornamental brogueing makes them quite versatile for a black shoe.  

post #5260 of 13365
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie1 View Post
 

stgrim- Pick up the austerity brogues, if you think you will wear them every so often. Edward Green's austerity brogue (Beaulieu) is flattering and understated; it's the most elegant version of an austerity brogue I have seen.  I would suggest wearing them as you would a black plain or cap-toe.  The absence of ornamental brogueing makes them quite versatile for a black shoe.  

Fosters & Son refers to the austerity brogues as "The Regent" and not the Beaulieu. Would they be one and the same and the use of "The Regent" as a rebranding on Fosters & Sons part?

I have dropped a PM to them with the same question.

post #5261 of 13365

I am pretty sure Foster & Son have merely changed the name in a "rebranding" effort.  It is probably the same as Brooks Brothers calling their version of EG's Dover the "Algonquin".  

 

The key feature of "Regent" is that it's made on the 888 last.

post #5262 of 13365
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie1 View Post
 

stgrim- Pick up the austerity brogues, if you think you will wear them every so often. Edward Green's austerity brogue (Beaulieu) is flattering and understated; it's the most elegant version of an austerity brogue I have seen.  I would suggest wearing them as you would a black plain or cap-toe.  The absence of ornamental brogueing makes them quite versatile for a black shoe.

 

I pretty much agree with all of that.  There are one or two others that I like as well, but none I like better.

post #5263 of 13365
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgrim View Post

I am seriously considering the black austerity brogue by EG for Fosters & Sons on their affiliate thread..
But I have no idea what I would wear black brogues with.. What you would pair them with? My guess is a Navy/Midnight Blue ensemble, that's not very versatile in general..

You won't go wrong pairing black with nearly everything excepting browns.
post #5264 of 13365
Newbury - 606two of three (Galways appear temporarily MIA).....



post #5265 of 13365
^^^I was contemplating those, great purchase.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy