I have used Alden trees with no ill effects.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Buying and Selling
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:57 am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Can I get the toe of my leather shoes repaired? Can I put in metal...Last edited: 2/11/16
- How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/Last edited: 2/10/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 338post #5056 of 2544510/9/13 at 6:19pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5057 of 2544510/9/13 at 6:32pmQuote:
At this particular retailer (Robert Jones Menswear), I have never seen EG shoes discounted. But their prices are better than those of the only other Toronto EG retailer (Brooks Brothers).post #5058 of 2544510/9/13 at 6:58pmpost #5059 of 2544510/9/13 at 7:22pmpost #5060 of 2544510/9/13 at 8:23pmpost #5061 of 2544510/9/13 at 9:03pmQuote:
Do they have small sizes (6/6.5) and can it be ordered online? I am not Stateside and usually your retailers carry much larger sizes. I still envy the deals you guys get with Barneys and such.post #5062 of 2544510/10/13 at 1:17ampost #5063 of 2544510/10/13 at 3:16amQuote:
You mean at Brooks Brothers? Seems like EG is pretty much always excluded from any promo, but if you ever get a solid confirmation of an existing exception, do drop me a note. I just won't pay their $1500 asking price for shoes that sell for $1,100 - $1,200 just about any place else.post #5064 of 2544510/10/13 at 3:21amQuote:Originally Posted by RogerP
You mean at Brooks Brothers? Seems like EG is pretty much always excluded from any promo, but if you ever get a solid confirmation of an existing exception, do drop me a note. I just won't pay their $1500 asking price for shoes that sell for $1,100 - $1,200 just about any place else.
Yeah, their retail prices are a rip off, but they do have nice make ups. If you buddy up with a SA they will often apply discounts to excluded items.post #5065 of 2544510/10/13 at 3:45amQuote:
Yep I tried that. I had an SA buddy try and get told that no discount could apply to EG. They do have nice make-ups, though. There are two shoes there (a tan pebble grain and a dark grey brogue) that I would buy today if the price were reasonable. I just have an extreme allergy to overpaying.post #5066 of 2544510/10/13 at 3:58amQuote:Originally Posted by S K M
Gents, I need your help! I'm having these babies refurbished and have decided to have the leather sole replaced by a rubber sole since they'll be working as my rainy day boots. All that was fine until EG emailed me asking whether I liked Dainite or Medway
I have a couple of Dainite already which I like and had never thought of the Medway. In addition, I've asked EG if they can replace the storm welt by a regular welt to give them a more sleek look. They're not sure yet, but have promised to let me know by tomorrow - when I'll have to have decided whether to go with the Medway or Dainite. What do you guys say? Any experience (positive or negative) with the Medway? I should probably add that I'll be using the shoes mainly for city wear.
Update: EG agreed to remove the storm welt and replace it with a regular welt, though they warned me that an indent probably would be visible above the sole, where the storm welt had been. Nevertheless, I took the plunge and got rid of it. Now there's just some waiting time to killpost #5067 of 2544510/10/13 at 4:20ampost #5068 of 2544510/10/13 at 5:12amQuote:
Can't wait to see some pictures.post #5069 of 2544510/10/13 at 5:16amQuote:Originally Posted by RogerP
Yep I tried that. I had an SA buddy try and get told that no discount could apply to EG. They do have nice make-ups, though. There are two shoes there (a tan pebble grain and a dark grey brogue) that I would buy today if the price were reasonable. I just have an extreme allergy to overpaying.
I asked about this in the BB thread and was told that if you order over the phone, they'll apply it to the EG shoes. Haven't tried it, but let me know if it works!
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 50 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 59 seconds ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 2 minutes ago
- › 2/14 MORE ADDED!!! NWT Trousers from Isaia, Zegna, Canali,... 3 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.