or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 332

post #4966 of 13375
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwh812 View Post

Wow Namor - You've definitely stepped up your EG game. The Oundle is one of the quintessential EG models that I don't have a pair of - may be my next MTO.

I noticed that absence in your collection. The oundle is one of my all time favorites shoe and as dpprdr suggested, i wear it as I would a loafer. I love this shoe so much that ive worn my single monk oundle more time than my 2 pairs of JL william DB, Carmina DB, Meermin, DB, and C&J Shell loafers combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusvs View Post

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Thanks guys.
post #4967 of 13375
Last but not least:

post #4968 of 13375
also. bamford in midnight shell cordovan. 1/2 size too small for me - tagged a UK11D. Would love to trade for something in my size uk11.5


post #4969 of 13375

^^ Wow, for some reason, the bamford still has its charms, even though the muppets at EG refused to make one for me.

 

Did you get these a while ago or recently?

post #4970 of 13375
Just received an e-mail regarding an "Exceptional Factory Sale" at the Northampton EG premises on Saturday 12th October, 8:30am - 2pm.

Anyone else get this?
post #4971 of 13375
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS7 View Post

Just received an e-mail regarding an "Exceptional Factory Sale" at the Northampton EG premises on Saturday 12th October, 8:30am - 2pm.

Anyone else get this?

 

 

Is this something they have done in the past - and if so can anyone comment on how exceptional previous sales have been?  I certainly wish I could be there.

post #4972 of 13375
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post


Is this something they have done in the past - and if so can anyone comment on how exceptional previous sales have been?  I certainly wish I could be there.

Yes there was a similar sale in March. Prices were as follows:

Standard shoes £460
Dover £525
Boots (Galway, Shannon) £545
Nevis £610

(minus 20% across the board)

There was a very good selection. I picked up four pairs for myself and had a proxy list for some other forum members who I know. Ideally I'd have found some for those guys as I would have saved a lot of my own money, but alas the better selection was in 9.5/10 UK rather than smaller sizes.
post #4973 of 13375

Thanks for the info LS7.  If you or anyone else is willing to proxy this time around, please let me know.

post #4974 of 13375
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusvs View Post

Aha, we're playing Oundle.


really nice!
post #4975 of 13375
RogerP: Thanks for the info LS7. If you or anyone else is willing to proxy this time around, please let me know.

+1

Please let me know as well. Thanks.
post #4976 of 13375
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

RogerP: Thanks for the info LS7. If you or anyone else is willing to proxy this time around, please let me know.

+1

Please let me know as well. Thanks.

Indeed.
post #4977 of 13375
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

I am not calling into question your experience. And there is no doubt many in the US carry many EG "D" widths.

I have corresponded directly with EG about precisely this issue. They do not label their shoes any differently for the US market. So an EG "D" in the US is the same as an EG "D" in the UK. An EG "E" in the US is the same as an EG "E" in the UK.

There's 1/16" difference in width between an E and a D - if you need a slightly snugger fit, but not a narrow -then the D is the way to go. If the E fits, wear it. See? nod[1].gif
post #4978 of 13375
Fantastic. I'm wearing my e width Galway and this pair feels a little loose compared to my d width Oundles

post #4979 of 13375
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS7 View Post


Yes there was a similar sale in March. Prices were as follows:

Standard shoes £460
Dover £525
Boots (Galway, Shannon) £545
Nevis £610

(minus 20% across the board)

There was a very good selection. I picked up four pairs for myself and had a proxy list for some other forum members who I know. Ideally I'd have found some for those guys as I would have saved a lot of my own money, but alas the better selection was in 9.5/10 UK rather than smaller sizes.

 

I wonder what the selection is in 8E... 

post #4980 of 13375
You guys have skinny feet. I am between an F and a G in Edward Green. I went with G for my first order.

None of the English shoemakers (outside of Church's and maybe Alfred Sargent) seem to stock F widths regularly...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy