or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 322

post #4816 of 9932
Eg dunwan spen time fixin. a lil asstone wil rid shoo o golespray
post #4817 of 9932
Can anyone confirm whether or not the EoM sale is ongoing? I would love to pick up a pair of calf/suede Shannons.

I emailed the info@ email address but posts here indicate Mark is the gentleman with whom to speak. Can someone share his contact details?
Cheers,
Paul
post #4818 of 9932
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCinDC View Post

Can anyone confirm whether or not the EoM sale is ongoing? I would love to pick up a pair of calf/suede Shannons.

I emailed the info@ email address but posts here indicate Mark is the gentleman with whom to speak. Can someone share his contact details?
Cheers,
Paul

Sorry bud, the sale's over. But that email address you posted is answered by Mark.
post #4819 of 9932

Hi guys,

 

Just picked up these babies for a song on Ebay. I imagine they'll be pretty awesome once I'm having them refurbished. 

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTRmNjc4MmQ3YTM0NzI0NzQwNTE2MWZmY2QzZDNhZDA1MjBkMTc5MGQ5MGE4fHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT1tYWRvbm5hJHx8T1JJR0lOQUxfRUJBWV9RVUFMSVRZX1NDT1JFPTR8fENSRUFUSU9OX0RBVEU9OS8yMi8xMyAxMDoxNCBQTQ==

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTRmNjc4MmQ3YTc0NzI0NjAwNTE2NmQ0MTBjOWM3YTA1MjBkMTcxZDgzZjg0fHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT1tYWRvbm5hJHx8T1JJR0lOQUxfRUJBWV9RVUFMSVRZX1NDT1JFPTR8fENSRUFUSU9OX0RBVEU9OS8yMi8xMyAxMDoxNCBQTQ==

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTVjYTFhYjFlYTM0NzI0MTMwNTIwMmE0NjU1NzA3YTA1MjBkMTc3NzhjYWQwfHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT1tYWRvbm5hJHx8T1JJR0lOQUxfRUJBWV9RVUFMSVRZX1NDT1JFPTR8fENSRUFUSU9OX0RBVEU9OS8xNy8xMyA3OjQxIEFN

 

I emailed EG and they confirmed that they were made by them. However, the refurbishment comes to an eyewatering 275 pounds (shipping both ways included, though, and I'm from Denmark) and a 8-10 week delivery time. Anyway, I'm thinking about having them resoled with Dainite, so I can use them for semi-elegant rainy day boots. By the same token I thought about getting rid of the stom welt and having them replaced by a regular welt, to add to the sleekness-factor (by looking more like the Alderlay) – do you think that's possible?

 

Cheers,

SKM

post #4820 of 9932
Awesome
post #4821 of 9932
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Eg dunwan spen time fixin. a lil asstone wil rid shoo o golespray

LOL
post #4822 of 9932
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post


ffffuuuu.gif  What do you guys think? What is the nicest Galway make up?

What would you want it for, a dress boot or a field boot? For the former, get one of the combos posted after your question. The latter, then go grain and 64 last.
post #4823 of 9932
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdude View Post

+1. Those are just gorgeous.

 



Thanks tdude. Here is the bronze pair from Leathersoul I was talking about:

Hosting provided by FotoTime

I think this one from LS is my favorite Galway make-up. I really like the Dark Oak a few posts above too.
post #4824 of 9932
Thanks for the comments on the Galway make-up, guys. Not sure you helped me decide though... wink.gif

On another note, I have been offered to buy suede and dark oak Galway subs for 500 GBP (and JL William Meleze buffalo subs for 430 GBP). Since I am not that used to buying subs and therefore am a bit unsure about what is a reasonable price for them, would you say that these are good prices? Or too high?

Cheers
post #4825 of 9932
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post

Thanks for the comments on the Galway make-up, guys. Not sure you helped me decide though... wink.gif

On another note, I have been offered to buy suede and dark oak Galway subs for 500 GBP (and JL William Meleze buffalo subs for 430 GBP). Since I am not that used to buying subs and therefore am a bit unsure about what is a reasonable price for them, would you say that these are good prices? Or too high?

Cheers

These are very good prices for the shoes but you really need to know how much of a defect is on the shoe, sometimes it is only very small.
post #4826 of 9932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post


These are very good prices for the shoes but you really need to know how much of a defect is on the shoe, sometimes it is only very small.

 

The seller says they are without "any visible flaw", so it seems to be all good. I will however of course inspect them thoroughly when they arrive, and return them if they don't seem to be up to par. 

post #4827 of 9932
Inside the box of a sub shoe, EG will typically leave a note identifying reason for "subs". My pair of galways had once such note when picked them up at the factory. Issue was with "inner vamp stiching" however when the shoes were inspected, both my an EG employee and myself, no defect appeared visible.
post #4828 of 9932
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Inside the box of a sub shoe, EG will typically leave a note identifying reason for "subs". My pair of galways had once such note when picked them up at the factory. Issue was with "inner vamp stiching" however when the shoes were inspected, both my an EG employee and myself, no defect appeared visible.

 

Ok, good to know. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your Galway subs and what make-up was it?

post #4829 of 9932
Yeah sure, No trouble. Pair cost me $5 million dollars and it was the 24k model with 15 carat chiseled diamond speed hooks. I love the way they look but boy are they a bitch to break in.

Edit - they were dainite, not double leather
post #4830 of 9932
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Yeah sure, No trouble. Pair cost me $5 million dollars and it was the 24k model with 15 carat chiseled diamond speed hooks. I love the way they look but boy are they a bitch to break in.

Edit - they were dainite, not double leather

 

Cheapskate!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy