Walpole, I believe.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Buying and Selling
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:32 pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: Today
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 302post #4516 of 267048/24/13 at 4:01pmpost #4517 of 267048/24/13 at 4:12pmQuote:Beautiful.Originally Posted by hoodog
Some pictures of a newly polished pair of almost new Westministers that I picked up from MOL a couple of weeks back. Many thanks again to MOL for being such a gentleman to sell these at cost from the EG London sale.
EG Westminister, 888, Dark Oak Antique, 9.5/10E - more pictures.... (Click to show)post #4518 of 267048/25/13 at 2:36ampost #4519 of 267048/25/13 at 3:27ampost #4520 of 267048/25/13 at 4:09ampost #4521 of 267048/25/13 at 6:54am
Great looking monks!Quote:Originally Posted by hoodog
Some pictures of a newly polished pair of almost new Westministers that I picked up from MOL a couple of weeks back. Many thanks again to MOL for being such a gentleman to sell these at cost from the EG London sale.EG Westminister, 888, Dark Oak Antique, 9.5/10E - more pictures.... (Click to show)post #4522 of 267048/25/13 at 6:58ampost #4523 of 267048/25/13 at 7:33ampost #4524 of 267048/25/13 at 9:26am
5 shoes is a fair collection since I'm sure you have many more from other brands. Sdolina, try Vass U/F? Their instep is much higher, no?post #4525 of 267048/25/13 at 9:30ampost #4526 of 267048/25/13 at 9:33ampost #4527 of 267048/25/13 at 9:38amQuote:
Yes, I have 24 pairs in total, but only 3 oxfords among the group - Vass in modified F, C&J in 337 and Santoni.post #4528 of 267048/25/13 at 9:45ampost #4529 of 267048/25/13 at 12:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by dddrees
Sounds to me like you have been around the block per say. You've tried this, and you've tried that, and now it sounds like you know what you really like. Sounds like you have a fabulous collection as I can imagine it must be fairly difficult to get some of the boots you have mentioned.
I on the other hand haven't been buying nice shoes or boots for very long so I'm still trying a bit of this and a bit of that. I have a couple I really like but they are all new and I have yet to be bitten by the vintage boot or shoe bug, but who knows where my journey will take me. When I bought my first really nice watch I had no idea I would eventually buy a vintage watch one day, but I did. I'm enjoying this part of the journey for now however as it's kind of nice going through the process itself of discovering what's all out there and what style or styles I like.
The shearling option is something I have given some consideration to, however with a another Galway, a Carmina cordovan jumper, and a suede chukka on the way it will probably be a little while before I look for my next boot.
If you ever decide to take a collection photo, I'd certainly be interested at taking a look at your collection.
Think it takes a while to find what works for you and what doesn't. Certainly, I don't need much in the way of formal shoes as that would just be over-dressing for work which is business casual and even wearing a welted shoe is out of the ordinary. I don't think calf oxfords really work with anything other than suits, so I might admire some of the shoes on here but I wouldn't wear them.
Some people find that the thought of wearing vintage stuff leaves them cold, and that's fine with me. The good thing about buying vintage is that it's generally relatively inexpensive, so a good way of finding what works for you and what doesn't. Also, most people selling vintage don't know what they're selling so it can be very easy to just flip the stuff that doesn't work for you at a healthy profit, which funds the next couple of pairs.
I've taken some pics of my whole, now-streamlined, collection tonight and in the absence of anywhere else to post them have hidden them in the spoiler below with an on-topic rehash of some recent Galway porn. Apologies to everyone else for the diversion!
The Edward Green 'Galway' pic (from left): almond country calf; mink suede, walnut country calf and shearling lining; rosewood country calf (made on 64 F last for Holland & Holland)
The Tricker's pic (from left): unknown model of navvy boot, possibly 1950s; high-leg brogue boot predecessor to the 'Malton'; MTO 'Eaton', semi-brogue version of the 'Stow'
The Crockett & Jones pic (left to right, back row first): 'Snowdon' veldtschoen boot; 'Arran' boot in rough-out; 'Coniston'; 'Skye' brogue boot; 'Islay' brogue boot
The heavy-duty boot pic (left to right, back row first): 'Selkirk' veldtschoen boot by Alfred Sargent; WW2 Lotus veldtschoen boot originally worn by a Czech officer who fought with the British Empire forces; WW2 Lotus veldtschoen boot originally belonging to a 'T Windows', whoever he might be; CC41-stamped boot made of 'Beva' leather by an unknown maker, dating from 1941-1948
The brogue pic (left to right, back row first): C&J 'Hastings' made for James Purdey; C&J 'Hastings'; Church's 'Grafton'; C&J 'Argyll' made for Hoggs
The Church's pic (left to right): 'Consul', 'Buck', 'Delegate'
The random pic (left to right, back row first): Alfred Sargent brogue for Hope & Glory; Grenson boat shoes; Tricker's suede derby; Alfred Sargent 'Egham' for Shipton & Heneage
The chukka pic (left to right, back row first): Alfred Sargent; Edward Green; Alfred Sargent for Hackett; Tricker's; Loake for Brocklehurst of Bakewell
And breathe...post #4530 of 267048/25/13 at 2:39pm
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 9 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 21 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge April 29, 2016: Navy Trousers Unleashed 23 minutes ago
- › ISAIA Napoli cream light beige sport coat 48 38 linen 27 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 28 minutes ago
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 41 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 42 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 52 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 57 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts