Galways are on the dressier side of casual for me, but not a dress boot. Not that anything turns on the label - it's a terrific boot. Love my pair.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E Last post on 7/27/15 at 9:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Marketplace
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 291post #4351 of 204728/10/13 at 1:59pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4352 of 204728/10/13 at 2:36pmQuote:
Have no problems with my midnight blue / navy suede Galways - although I have yet to wear them with a suit.
'Dem speed hooks for the laces sometimes catch the inner hemming of me pants though! (Pardon the pirate-like language, hanging out with the kids all day)post #4353 of 204728/10/13 at 2:42pmpost #4354 of 204728/10/13 at 2:48pmpost #4355 of 204728/10/13 at 2:55pmpost #4356 of 204728/10/13 at 2:56pmQuote:
I don't have problems with my dark oak / walnut country calf either. I just wouldn't likely pair them with a suit. Sport coat, yes. That's why I put them on the dressy end of casual, as opposed to seeing them as a pure dress boot. Two tones, two textures, plus derby closure take it out of the pure dress category in my estimation. But it also makes for a more versatile boot.
They are dressier than, say, my AE Bayfields - which go hiking, hunting and get muddy - but still short of what I see as a dress boot:
Even with the speed hooks, the Carminas below are what I think of as dress boot.
I don't claim to have ownership of the term, but I hope that explains where I'm coming from. Opinions may differ.post #4357 of 204728/10/13 at 3:17pmpost #4358 of 204728/10/13 at 3:19pmpost #4359 of 204728/10/13 at 3:20pmpost #4360 of 204728/10/13 at 5:09pmQuote:
Like I said before, and I'll say it again.
Sure like that Blue on Blue.
Patek and EG, what a combo.post #4361 of 204728/10/13 at 5:11pmpost #4362 of 204728/10/13 at 5:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by dddreesQuote:Like I said before, and I'll say it again.
Sure like that Blue on Blue.
Patek and EG, what a combo.
+1, PP and EFpost #4363 of 204728/11/13 at 6:36ampost #4364 of 204728/11/13 at 7:41ampost #4365 of 204728/11/13 at 7:58amQuote:Originally Posted by CTBrummie
Will be waxing mine up very soon for the autumn, as soon as the one pair is back from the Shoe Healer having the heels sorted. All three pairs will be most definitely seeing the worst of the autumn and winter.
Almond country calf today, 64 e last, field boot model:
Beautiful boots, I have the same colour but on the 202 last, love them!
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 34 seconds ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 8 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 16 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 16 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Belgravia 10.5E Dark Oak Antique (184 last) 16 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 34 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 36 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...