Galways are on the dressier side of casual for me, but not a dress boot. Not that anything turns on the label - it's a terrific boot. Love my pair.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Marketplace
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:02 am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 291post #4351 of 214408/10/13 at 1:59pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4352 of 214408/10/13 at 2:36pmQuote:
Have no problems with my midnight blue / navy suede Galways - although I have yet to wear them with a suit.
'Dem speed hooks for the laces sometimes catch the inner hemming of me pants though! (Pardon the pirate-like language, hanging out with the kids all day)post #4353 of 214408/10/13 at 2:42pmpost #4354 of 214408/10/13 at 2:48pmpost #4355 of 214408/10/13 at 2:55pmpost #4356 of 214408/10/13 at 2:56pmQuote:
I don't have problems with my dark oak / walnut country calf either. I just wouldn't likely pair them with a suit. Sport coat, yes. That's why I put them on the dressy end of casual, as opposed to seeing them as a pure dress boot. Two tones, two textures, plus derby closure take it out of the pure dress category in my estimation. But it also makes for a more versatile boot.
They are dressier than, say, my AE Bayfields - which go hiking, hunting and get muddy - but still short of what I see as a dress boot:
Even with the speed hooks, the Carminas below are what I think of as dress boot.
I don't claim to have ownership of the term, but I hope that explains where I'm coming from. Opinions may differ.post #4357 of 214408/10/13 at 3:17pmpost #4358 of 214408/10/13 at 3:19pmpost #4359 of 214408/10/13 at 3:20pmpost #4360 of 214408/10/13 at 5:09pmQuote:
Like I said before, and I'll say it again.
Sure like that Blue on Blue.
Patek and EG, what a combo.post #4361 of 214408/10/13 at 5:11pmpost #4362 of 214408/10/13 at 5:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by dddreesQuote:Like I said before, and I'll say it again.
Sure like that Blue on Blue.
Patek and EG, what a combo.
+1, PP and EFpost #4363 of 214408/11/13 at 6:36ampost #4364 of 214408/11/13 at 7:41ampost #4365 of 214408/11/13 at 7:58amQuote:Originally Posted by CTBrummie
Will be waxing mine up very soon for the autumn, as soon as the one pair is back from the Shoe Healer having the heels sorted. All three pairs will be most definitely seeing the worst of the autumn and winter.
Almond country calf today, 64 e last, field boot model:
Beautiful boots, I have the same colour but on the 202 last, love them!
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 20 seconds ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 37 seconds ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Panerai PAM 48 (40mm) with box and papers 3 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Where to find dress shirts in Vancouver for very slim person 6 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015