Galways are on the dressier side of casual for me, but not a dress boot. Not that anything turns on the label - it's a terrific boot. Love my pair.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Buying and Selling
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:03 pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 291post #4351 of 270758/10/13 at 1:59pmpost #4352 of 270758/10/13 at 2:36pmQuote:
Have no problems with my midnight blue / navy suede Galways - although I have yet to wear them with a suit.
'Dem speed hooks for the laces sometimes catch the inner hemming of me pants though! (Pardon the pirate-like language, hanging out with the kids all day)post #4353 of 270758/10/13 at 2:42pmpost #4354 of 270758/10/13 at 2:48pmpost #4355 of 270758/10/13 at 2:55pmpost #4356 of 270758/10/13 at 2:56pmQuote:
I don't have problems with my dark oak / walnut country calf either. I just wouldn't likely pair them with a suit. Sport coat, yes. That's why I put them on the dressy end of casual, as opposed to seeing them as a pure dress boot. Two tones, two textures, plus derby closure take it out of the pure dress category in my estimation. But it also makes for a more versatile boot.
They are dressier than, say, my AE Bayfields - which go hiking, hunting and get muddy - but still short of what I see as a dress boot:
Even with the speed hooks, the Carminas below are what I think of as dress boot.
I don't claim to have ownership of the term, but I hope that explains where I'm coming from. Opinions may differ.post #4357 of 270758/10/13 at 3:17pmpost #4358 of 270758/10/13 at 3:19pmpost #4359 of 270758/10/13 at 3:20pmpost #4360 of 270758/10/13 at 5:09pmQuote:
Like I said before, and I'll say it again.
Sure like that Blue on Blue.
Patek and EG, what a combo.post #4361 of 270758/10/13 at 5:11pmpost #4362 of 270758/10/13 at 5:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by dddreesQuote:Like I said before, and I'll say it again.
Sure like that Blue on Blue.
Patek and EG, what a combo.
+1, PP and EFpost #4363 of 270758/11/13 at 6:36ampost #4364 of 270758/11/13 at 7:41ampost #4365 of 270758/11/13 at 7:58amQuote:Originally Posted by CTBrummie
Will be waxing mine up very soon for the autumn, as soon as the one pair is back from the Shoe Healer having the heels sorted. All three pairs will be most definitely seeing the worst of the autumn and winter.
Almond country calf today, 64 e last, field boot model:
Beautiful boots, I have the same colour but on the 202 last, love them!
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 48 seconds ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Official Events and PSA thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding