really like these
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Buying and Selling
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:42 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: How to mirror shine your shoes.Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 290post #4336 of 252988/10/13 at 8:25am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4337 of 252988/10/13 at 8:32amQuote:
That's actually one thing that might stop me from getting another one.
I've actually considered getting a different StC boot model instead, I have one already.post #4338 of 252988/10/13 at 8:33ampost #4339 of 252988/10/13 at 9:04amWhat is the EG 82 last conversion size to US size? From what I've seen on most online shoe stores, they said that EG's UK sizes are half a size smaller than US. But on some places here, I've seen people say that it runs small.
My shoe size in US is size 7.5D. Should I go with a 7 UK or 7.5UK?post #4340 of 252988/10/13 at 9:08ampost #4341 of 252988/10/13 at 9:15ampost #4342 of 252988/10/13 at 9:20ampost #4343 of 252988/10/13 at 9:26amQuote:Originally Posted by GamaH
What is the EG 82 last conversion size to US size? From what I've seen on most online shoe stores, they said that EG's UK sizes are half a size smaller than US. But on some places here, I've seen people say that it runs small.
My shoe size in US is size 7.5D. Should I go with a 7 UK or 7.5UK?
Probably look for a size "7/7 1/2 E82"
The "7" is the UK size; "7 1/2" US, "E" width (some argue that "E" = US D whereas others will say "E" = US E, so this is very subjective; my experience is the former), and "82" is the last.
Hope this helps.post #4344 of 252988/10/13 at 9:29amQuote:
Well, hopefully E = US D because I have a slim foot -- on standard widths, I always tighten my Oxfords and Derbies as much as they can be tightened.post #4345 of 252988/10/13 at 10:00amI picked these up from Malford:
10) Edward Green "Silverstone" SOLD
Size: UK 8 / US 8.5
Fitting: UK E (Standard)
B grade?: Yes
Fault: Unable to locate
They are great, but a bit wide for me. I think that I need 8/8.5D
I'd be happy to trade for a pair in my size or ship to you at my cost (i.e., what I paid malford + what it costs to ship to you).post #4346 of 252988/10/13 at 1:08pmpost #4347 of 252988/10/13 at 1:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by bespoken pa
really like these
This is, IMO, the only Galway make-up that gives his Dark Oak brother a run for his money. And I dare say this make-up beats out said brother, if only by a few inches. Bronze Antique is a wonderfully rich, very, very dark brown.post #4348 of 252988/10/13 at 1:17pmpost #4349 of 252988/10/13 at 1:21pmQuote:
It's a lovely boot, but the non-64 lasted Galways can hardly be described as a 'country boot' as per both LSH and Leffot...they're closer to dress shoes than a tramping boot, IMHO.post #4350 of 252988/10/13 at 1:45pmQuote:
I certainly consider it a dress boot, but then again that's one of the reasons why I like it.
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 2 seconds ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 3 seconds ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 33 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 57 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 58 seconds ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 2 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 3 minutes ago
- › San Francisco SF Styleforum Meet-up - Kirk Miller of Miller's Oath... 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...