or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 281

post #4201 of 13158
No problem, hope you enjoy.
post #4202 of 13158
89826: Ordering Dovers in dark oak antique. What last should I get? 888, 606, or ...?

I have Dovers on the 606 and 202.

For the Dover, I prefer 606.
post #4203 of 13158
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89826 View Post

Ordering Dovers in dark oak antique. What last should I get? 888, 606, or ...?

I doubt you will be able to find Dovers on the 888, I have seen a few on the 888 on the Leffot site that were done a couple of years ago. A few months ago I asked E.G. to make me a Dover on the 888, they refused. They said the only offered them on the 606 and on the 32 last, the 888 was not an option.

In hind sight I think the Dover looks far out best on the 606, it seems that the 606 and the Dover were made for each other. To my eye the 606 has allot in common with the 888, just the 606 has a softer square toe compared to the 888.

If I were you I would just get the standard RTW Dovers in Dark Oak on the 606, and skip the waiting and up-charge that comes with going MTO.
Edited by michaelvl - 7/29/13 at 11:14am
post #4204 of 13158
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelvl View Post

I doubt you will be able to find Dovers on the 888, I have seen a few on the 888 on the Leffot site that were done a couple of years ago. A few months ago I asked E.G. to make me a Dover on the 888, they refused. They said the only offered them on the 606 and on the 32 last, the 888 was not an option.

In hind sight I think the Dover looks far out best on the 606, it seems that the 606 and the Dover were made for each other. To my eye the 606 has allot in common with the 888, just the 606 has a softer square toe compared to the 888.

If I were you I would just get the standard RTW Dovers in Dark Oak on the 606, and skip the waiting and up-charge that comes with going MTO.
The 82 should also be an option; I have a pair on the 82.
post #4205 of 13158
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelvl View Post

I doubt you will be able to find Dovers on the 888, I have seen a few on the 888 on the Leffot site that were done a couple of years ago. A few months ago I asked E.G. to make me a Dover on the 888, they refused. They said the only offered them on the 606 and on the 32 last, the 888 was not an option.

In hind sight I think the Dover looks far out best on the 606, it seems that the 606 and the Dover were made for each other. To my eye the 606 has allot in common with the 888, just the 606 has a softer square toe compared to the 888.

If I were you I would just get the standard RTW Dovers in Dark Oak on the 606, and skip the waiting and up-charge that comes with going MTO.

Brooks Brothers has Dovers on 888 last in case you are interested.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Edward-Green-Algonquins/MH00059,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00059_Color=DKRD&contentpos=1&cgid=
post #4206 of 13158
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

Brooks Brothers has Dovers on 888 last in case you are interested.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Edward-Green-Algonquins/MH00059,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00059_Color=DKRD&contentpos=1&cgid=

Someone asked on which last the Dovers were made on the BB website, see below. The question was asked 1 year and 5 months ago, I doubt this information is up to date. I doubt they still offer them on the 888 unless they have some old stock:

1What last are these made on? When will you have D widths?
1 year, 5 months ago
by LONGTIMEBROOKSCUSTOMERLos AngelesANSWER THIS QUESTION
Was this answer helpful to you?YESNO
Answer:
It is the EG Dover on 888 last
1 year, 5 months ago
by RSQUARED74
Was this answer helpful to you?YESNO
post #4207 of 13158
Last time I was there, they had Dover on 606.
post #4208 of 13158
post #4209 of 13158


Lovely shoes, congratulations , enjoy.
post #4210 of 13158


wear your cap toes in good health
post #4211 of 13158
Just adding a data point: I bought a pair of the Edward Green Dovers from the Brooks Brothers web site in May, and they were on the 888 last.
post #4212 of 13158
Sweet - get out there and put 'em to good use!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChris View Post

My new pair of goodies...
post #4213 of 13158

We just added these Edward Green models to our sale.

 

 

 

 

 

Midford black calf E fitting 82 last sizes 5.5  6  7  8

Walcot Edwardian calf F fitting 888 last sizes 5.5  6.5  7  8

Malvern chestnut calf beige twill E fitting 202 last sizes 5.5  6  6.5  7  7.5  8  9

Please pm me for prices and information.

post #4214 of 13158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arethusa406 View Post

Just adding a data point: I bought a pair of the Edward Green Dovers from the Brooks Brothers web site in May, and they were on the 888 last.

How do you like the look of the 888? Mine are also coming from Brooks, special ordered in D width.
post #4215 of 13158
uni - great prices. why discount classics?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy