or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 260

post #3886 of 13164
Mac, when did you start wearing EG's? Is nothing sacred? We won't reveal anything to Alden hq.
post #3887 of 13164

Dear all,

 

I'm ready to take my first step (pun not originally intended shog[1].gif) into EG by ordering 2 MTO boots: the Galway and Shannon.

 

I would like to have one pair with the 888 last but am debating between the 82 and 606 lasts for the other. My dealer does not have all the lasts on display so I'm basing my choices on photos.

 

Would love to have your thought son which last for which model and do you consider the 606 to be too close to the 888 in terms of shape?

 

Thank you in advance

post #3888 of 13164
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89826 View Post

Mac, when did you start wearing EG's? Is nothing sacred? We won't reveal anything to Alden hq.
Not sure if he has... but he does visit this thread regularly for salutations. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexG33 View Post

Dear all,

I'm ready to take my first step (pun not originally intended shog[1].gif
) into EG by ordering 2 MTO boots: the Galway and Shannon.

I would like to have one pair with the 888 last but am debating between the 82 and 606 lasts for the other. My dealer does not have all the lasts on display so I'm basing my choices on photos.

Would love to have your thought son which last for which model and do you consider the 606 to be too close to the 888 in terms of shape?

Thank you in advance
From my understanding the Galways are limited to the 82 and 64 lasts. My Shannons are on the 82; however, I think I've seen them made on the 888... 606 maybe someone else can give input.
post #3889 of 13164

came across a vintage EG catalog...

 

http://centipede.web.fc2.com/oldeg_catalog/01.html

 

did not realize that EG once did a bit loafer...the Millfield looks quite interesting...

post #3890 of 13164
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaier View Post

came across a vintage EG catalog...

 

http://centipede.web.fc2.com/oldeg_catalog/01.html

 

did not realize that EG once did a bit loafer...the Millfield looks quite interesting...

Awesome. What year is it from? I can't really read it.

post #3891 of 13164
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexG33 View Post

Dear all,

 

I'm ready to take my first step (pun not originally intended shog[1].gif) into EG by ordering 2 MTO boots: the Galway and Shannon.

 

I would like to have one pair with the 888 last but am debating between the 82 and 606 lasts for the other. My dealer does not have all the lasts on display so I'm basing my choices on photos.

 

Would love to have your thought son which last for which model and do you consider the 606 to be too close to the 888 in terms of shape?

 

Thank you in advance

 

If you are also open to non-boots, I would definitely recommend the 606 last for Dover on Dark Oak. 

It's a classic that will entertain both your feet and your eyes for decades. nod[1].gif

post #3892 of 13164
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post

I thought I would add to the wonderful photos already posted in this thread. So, here goes. The following are pics of my recently purchased EG Inverness' in dark oak and on the 888 last in F width. Almost straight out of the box - after some reno, cream and polish - and never worn. Enjoy and have a nice Sunday!

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

More pictures (Click to show)

EG Inverness, dark oak, 888 last, F width

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing and Im really jealous right now :)

post #3893 of 13164
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaier View Post

came across a vintage EG catalog...

http://centipede.web.fc2.com/oldeg_catalog/01.html

did not realize that EG once did a bit loafer...the Millfield looks quite interesting...
This is great. Thanks for posting
post #3894 of 13164

This catalog looks as old as that Hillary bird.

post #3895 of 13164
hillary bird. the bird makes it funny. smile.gif
post #3896 of 13164

Does anyone know what color this Aksel shoe is from Ralph Lauren?: 

 

www.dsw.com/shoe/ralph+lauren+collection+aksel+burnished+leather+oxford?prodId=286837&category=dsw12cat1780036&activeCats=dsw10cat130006,dsw12cat900002,dsw12cat1780024,dsw12cat1780036

 

I know RL made this shoe in Dark Oak, but this color appears to be lighter than that.  Does anyone have experience with this makeup and know what colors RL made the Aksel in? 

DSW described the color as "cognac" or "brandy" by phone. But that could mean Burnt Pine, Hazel, or other possible colors.  

 

Your input is appreciated.  Thanks. 

 

P.S. The prices on the few EG models in this sale are attractive.  But they are somewhat unusual styles, which are not for everyone. 

post #3897 of 13164

New family just came in

 

As you can see they're the odd ones out. 3 other Carmina's on the way. EG is usually out of my budget but the sale from Skoak was perfect!

post #3898 of 13164
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaier View Post

came across a vintage EG catalog...

http://centipede.web.fc2.com/oldeg_catalog/01.html

did not realize that EG once did a bit loafer...the Millfield looks quite interesting...

Awesome!
post #3899 of 13164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnelli413 View Post

If you are also open to non-boots, I would definitely recommend the 606 last for Dover on Dark Oak. 
It's a classic that will entertain both your feet and your eyes for decades. nod%5B1%5D.gif

+1,000
post #3900 of 13164
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie1 View Post

Does anyone know what color this Aksel shoe is from Ralph Lauren?: 

www.dsw.com/shoe/ralph+lauren+collection+aksel+burnished+leather+oxford?prodId=286837&category=dsw12cat1780036&activeCats=dsw10cat130006,dsw12cat900002,dsw12cat1780024,dsw12cat1780036

I know RL made this shoe in Dark Oak, but this color appears to be lighter than that.  Does anyone have experience with this makeup and know what colors RL made the Aksel in? 
DSW described the color as "cognac" or "brandy" by phone. But that could mean Burnt Pine, Hazel, or other possible colors.  

Your input is appreciated.  Thanks. 

P.S. The prices on the few EG models in this sale are attractive.  But they are somewhat unusual styles, which are not for everyone. 

I think it is Dark Oak. Check out the picture from a seller on Ebay with the same shoe. Possible they make it in different colors, but I doubt it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ralph-Lauren-PURPLE-LABEL-Edward-Green-Dress-Shoes-10-D-/350828391374?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item51af006bce
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy