or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 244

post #3646 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger_On View Post

I went in to Jermyn Street on Saturday and they have some really nice models in stock at the moment. It would be great if someone could report back with what's included in the sale. Is there any chance Dover or Westminsters will be reduced?

 

I just got back. Sadly for me there was just one solitary size 12 shoe in the sale: a "Piccadilly" penny loafer on the 184 last in what I guess was a light mahogany with burnished toe. Lovely shoe and fit me well, but I couldn't justify spending £460 and not getting laces.

 

So, as with the last EG sale, I walked in for shoes and walked out with socks: the cashmere was reduced from £59 to £15, cotton and wool from £21 to £10.

 

As luck would have it, there was plenty of stock all the way up to 11.5. The only Dovers I saw were in dark green suede, which were available in various sizes. To be frank, I'm not sure I would have bought those even in my size. There were some very nice split-toe loafers available, if it's just the hand-stitched apron you're after.

post #3647 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by atia2 View Post

I just got back. Sadly for me there was just one solitary size 12 shoe in the sale: a "Piccadilly" penny loafer on the 184 last in what I guess was a light mahogany with burnished toe. Lovely shoe and fit me well, but I couldn't justify spending £460 and not getting laces.

So, as with the last EG sale, I walked in for shoes and walked out with socks: the cashmere was reduced from £59 to £15, cotton and wool from £21 to £10.


As luck would have it, there was plenty of stock all the way up to 11.5. The only Dovers I saw were in dark green suede, which were available in various sizes. To be frank, I'm not sure I would have bought those even in my size. There were some very nice split-toe loafers available, if it's just the hand-stitched apron you're after.

£460 I guess is sitll not too bad. Last time I was quoted for stock non-sale with VAT excluded was £680 but including trees. Still a couple hundred saved I guess with this current sale...
post #3648 of 8306
I'd echo what's been said.

Choice not that great. Not a great deal of choice in UK 8. Spotted some olive green wingtips which were very nice but sadly none in my size.

£460 not too bad if you find a pair you've been hankering after for a while.
post #3649 of 8306

Sorry, should have said pre-sale price was £660 in VAT. No trees.

 

I agree with Malford, £460 isn't bad if you're lucky enough to find a pair that you wanted anyway. Can't really get them cheaper than that from the horse's mouth.

 

Apparently more sale stock coming in early next week.

post #3650 of 8306
anythig stood out in 11.5?
post #3651 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

anythig stood out in 11.5?

 

I recall a black plain cap toe ("Chelsea"?) on the thin Thames rubber sole. Would make a very versatile work shoe.

 

There was a wonderful reddish-purple full brogue on Dainite in 11. I don't know if EG uses Cordovan, but this looked very much like it.

post #3652 of 8306
Has anyone tried to contact Mark at Edwards of Manchester recently? I've emailed a couple of times in the last 10 days or so and haven't received a reply.
post #3653 of 8306
Thanks for the reports guys, I'll maybe pop in at the weekend when I'm back in town. If anything caught the eye in a 9.5 feel free to let me know.

With regards to cordovan, they had a boot at the weekend. I think it may have been the Alderley, but can't fully remember. I'd previously seen a derby too, I think.
post #3654 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by atia2 View Post

Apparently more sale stock coming in early next week.

Thanks for that info. Will try again next week.
post #3655 of 8306
Anyone can keep an eye out for 6.5/7E? Curious as to their selection! smile.gif
post #3656 of 8306
EBay score for a very reasonable price. On the 202. They appear to have been worn twice at most


post #3657 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon View Post

Thanks for that info. Will try again next week.

Thanks IRS for your timing... Guess there goes my ability to procure... frown.gif
post #3658 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

Thanks IRS for your timing... Guess there goes my ability to procure... frown.gif

I know the feeling!
post #3659 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

Thanks IRS for your timing... Guess there goes my ability to procure... frown.gif

I know the feeling!
post #3660 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthdragon View Post

EBay score for a very reasonable price. On the 202. They appear to have been worn twice at most



Was watching those and forgot to bid...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy