or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 224

post #3346 of 13920

I've never measured but visually Dainite and double leather seem the same thickness.

 

Certainly no need to protect any part of a Dainite sole - you will not be wearing through the toe section in a hurry! Firstly, the material is extremely hard wearing. Secondly, most of the contact with the ground is made by the 'studs'.

 

If you want a sleeker, less agricultural look, I believe EG has a thinner rubber sole known as the 'Thames'.

post #3347 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

does anyone actually wear high boots in public?

I do pretty regularly. I also wear boots during summer when I feel like it; I've never been troubled by them feeling too warm or anything.
Edited by DpprDr - 5/25/13 at 7:35pm
post #3348 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

does anyone actually wear high boots in public?

censored.gif

post #3349 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by atia2 View Post

I've never measured but visually Dainite and double leather seem the same thickness.

Certainly no need to protect any part of a Dainite sole - you will not be wearing through the toe section in a hurry! Firstly, the material is extremely hard wearing. Secondly, most of the contact with the ground is made by the 'studs'.

If you want a sleeker, less agricultural look, I believe EG has a thinner rubber sole known as the 'Thames'.

Thanks allot for the information!
post #3350 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by atia2 View Post

I've never measured but visually Dainite and double leather seem the same thickness.

 

Certainly no need to protect any part of a Dainite sole - you will not be wearing through the toe section in a hurry! Firstly, the material is extremely hard wearing. Secondly, most of the contact with the ground is made by the 'studs'.

 

If you want a sleeker, less agricultural look, I believe EG has a thinner rubber sole known as the 'Thames'.

 

Not sure I'd agree with the observation that Dainite soles (presumably the studded rubber ones) are hard-wearing although it obviously depends on how much they're worn.

 

Studded rubber Dainite soles are also useless on ice...

post #3351 of 13920
Danite is okay wearing compare to ridged soles.

The weakness is still at the heel and danite heels worn out as quickly as normal stacked leather/rubber heels
post #3352 of 13920
[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by atia2 View Post

I've never measured but visually Dainite and double leather seem the same thickness.

Certainly no need to protect any part of a Dainite sole - you will not be wearing through the toe section in a hurry! Firstly, the material is extremely hard wearing. Secondly, most of the contact with the ground is made by the 'studs'.

If you want a sleeker, less agricultural look, I believe EG has a thinner rubber sole known as the 'Thames'.

+1. I also think that Danite is hard wearing, at least compared to leather soles. Not as hard wearing as say, ridgeway or commando soles, but they are not meant to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

Danite is okay wearing compare to ridged soles.

The weakness is still at the heel and danite heels worn out as quickly as normal stacked leather/rubber heels

Also agree with this. I suspect this is b/c the density of the Danite rubber is similar to the rubber part of normal leather/rubber heels.
post #3353 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post

[/quote]
+1. I also think that Danite is hard wearing, at least compared to leather soles. Not as hard wearing as say, ridgeway or commando soles, but they are not meant to be.
Also agree with this. I suspect this is b/c the density of the Danite rubber is similar to the rubber part of normal leather/rubber heels.

 

This was my point, especially if the boots or shoes are actually used for walking any kind of distance. Studded Dainite would be my last choice of rubber sole for a boot that was made for serious walking, or indeed just general winter use for different reasons. If I wanted a low-profile 'walking sole' then, if I had the choice, I'd probably go for a Victory sole.

post #3354 of 13920
Ringwood

post #3355 of 13920
EGs - SCORE!!=

new EGs
post #3356 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

EGs - SCORE!!=

new EGs

Great choice, real nice looking loafers.

 

 

Congrats.

post #3357 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Great choice, real nice looking loafers.


Congrats.
the dover of horsebit loafers.
post #3358 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

EGs - SCORE!!=

new EGs

nephew,
good looking loafers, wear in good health
post #3359 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,

Ugh.
post #3360 of 13920
Quote:
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie View Post

Ugh.

good people can agree to disagree
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy