Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Buying and Selling
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:15 pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 206post #3076 of 274704/16/13 at 12:54pmpost #3077 of 274704/17/13 at 8:49amQuote:
What last is this...64 or 202?
I love every part of it although shearling interior would make my feet melt in hot weather.post #3078 of 274704/17/13 at 1:00pmpost #3079 of 274704/17/13 at 1:12pmpost #3080 of 274704/17/13 at 5:24pmpost #3081 of 274704/17/13 at 6:35pmpost #3082 of 274704/17/13 at 7:15pmQuote:
Why so cheeky?
Maybe I should have mentioned I'm in Australia too. So these Chelseas were marked down from $1995, and the store sold EG trees at $250! I don't need to go bargain basement, otherwise I'd just go to the local department store and pick up some Florsheim plastic junk. I was hoping there was some kind of happy median that you SF folks could point me too that might get close to matching the quality without costing half what I paid for the shoes. I thought $50-100 would be reasonable to expect a tree that would do it's job without wrecking the heel or shape.
I see most of the posts on this thread of peoples collections seem to show multiple different styles of tree so there must be something decent out there.Quote:Originally Posted by DpprDr
No JAB 3 for $25?
For my 6.5/7E shoes, I find that the Epic XS fits quite well all around (might not fit all the way to the toe box that neither do the EG trees). Not sure how the proportions work out with larger sized shoes.
By the way, $500 for EG is a pretty good deal.
What is Jab 3? i tried to goggle but nothing relevant showed up. any links to online ordering sites?post #3083 of 274704/17/13 at 11:55pmHe means Jos A Bank (JAB). I don't know if they have them in Australia, but they're a sort of cheapo house that sells mass market clothes. Some people here go to them for shoe trees, however, as they have a 3 for $25 deals.
Does Sierra Trading Post deliver to where you are? If so, sometimes they have cedar shoe trees on there for $11, once you punch in their ~35% off DealFlyer codes. Just sign up for their DealFlyer newsletter and wait for the codes to drop.
Those are all pretty generic, but they serve their function. Cedarville store also has some nicer shoe trees with brass pull knobs near the heel, which make it easier to pull the tree out of the shoe. They also look much nicer when they're in your shoes. You can find those almost anywhere, so if you like them, best to look around and compare prices.post #3084 of 274704/18/13 at 1:59ampost #3085 of 274704/18/13 at 11:48am
Are these boots only for winter?
I wear boots fairly often....but shearling interiors might be just too warm is what Im saying. Without shearling I think they would be fine just about anywhere.post #3086 of 274704/18/13 at 2:38pmpost #3087 of 274704/18/13 at 4:55pmpost #3088 of 274704/18/13 at 5:05pmpost #3089 of 274704/18/13 at 9:30pmQuote:
You are welcome. Glad to hear you had a positive experience but I'm not surprised. I've been shopping in the store for 20+ years. They have always been friendly and happy to leave me alone to enjoy myself if I say "just looking".
But things really changed when they moved to the center of town. Now they have a lot more room and have filled it up with a ton of clothes and accessories. They seem to be making a major commitment to offering high-end shoes with EG, G&G, AS and other brands.They mentioned the last time i was there that the lag time between ordering and receiving from the UK can be ages, so new models will continue to come in this Spring and Summer. Jim, the owner clearly loves shoes. Next time you are in there ask his opinion about anything to do with shoes. It will be a fun and lively conversation.
I'm considering pulling the trigger on his EG Sandringham's in chestnut antique.post #3090 of 274704/18/13 at 11:32pm
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 9 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 3 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › Going to a wedding, finally getting my own tie, but what 13 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 28 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 33 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 40 minutes ago
- › #ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The... 45 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding