Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E Last post on 7/27/15 at 9:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Marketplace
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:38 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 206post #3076 of 204874/16/13 at 12:54pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3077 of 204874/17/13 at 8:49amQuote:
What last is this...64 or 202?
I love every part of it although shearling interior would make my feet melt in hot weather.post #3078 of 204874/17/13 at 1:00pmpost #3079 of 204874/17/13 at 1:12pmpost #3080 of 204874/17/13 at 5:24pmpost #3081 of 204874/17/13 at 6:35pmpost #3082 of 204874/17/13 at 7:15pmQuote:
Why so cheeky?
Maybe I should have mentioned I'm in Australia too. So these Chelseas were marked down from $1995, and the store sold EG trees at $250! I don't need to go bargain basement, otherwise I'd just go to the local department store and pick up some Florsheim plastic junk. I was hoping there was some kind of happy median that you SF folks could point me too that might get close to matching the quality without costing half what I paid for the shoes. I thought $50-100 would be reasonable to expect a tree that would do it's job without wrecking the heel or shape.
I see most of the posts on this thread of peoples collections seem to show multiple different styles of tree so there must be something decent out there.Quote:Originally Posted by DpprDr
No JAB 3 for $25?
For my 6.5/7E shoes, I find that the Epic XS fits quite well all around (might not fit all the way to the toe box that neither do the EG trees). Not sure how the proportions work out with larger sized shoes.
By the way, $500 for EG is a pretty good deal.
What is Jab 3? i tried to goggle but nothing relevant showed up. any links to online ordering sites?post #3083 of 204874/17/13 at 11:55pmHe means Jos A Bank (JAB). I don't know if they have them in Australia, but they're a sort of cheapo house that sells mass market clothes. Some people here go to them for shoe trees, however, as they have a 3 for $25 deals.
Does Sierra Trading Post deliver to where you are? If so, sometimes they have cedar shoe trees on there for $11, once you punch in their ~35% off DealFlyer codes. Just sign up for their DealFlyer newsletter and wait for the codes to drop.
Those are all pretty generic, but they serve their function. Cedarville store also has some nicer shoe trees with brass pull knobs near the heel, which make it easier to pull the tree out of the shoe. They also look much nicer when they're in your shoes. You can find those almost anywhere, so if you like them, best to look around and compare prices.post #3084 of 204874/18/13 at 1:59ampost #3085 of 204874/18/13 at 11:48am
Are these boots only for winter?
I wear boots fairly often....but shearling interiors might be just too warm is what Im saying. Without shearling I think they would be fine just about anywhere.post #3086 of 204874/18/13 at 2:38pmpost #3087 of 204874/18/13 at 4:55pmpost #3088 of 204874/18/13 at 5:05pmpost #3089 of 204874/18/13 at 9:30pmQuote:
You are welcome. Glad to hear you had a positive experience but I'm not surprised. I've been shopping in the store for 20+ years. They have always been friendly and happy to leave me alone to enjoy myself if I say "just looking".
But things really changed when they moved to the center of town. Now they have a lot more room and have filled it up with a ton of clothes and accessories. They seem to be making a major commitment to offering high-end shoes with EG, G&G, AS and other brands.They mentioned the last time i was there that the lag time between ordering and receiving from the UK can be ages, so new models will continue to come in this Spring and Summer. Jim, the owner clearly loves shoes. Next time you are in there ask his opinion about anything to do with shoes. It will be a fun and lively conversation.
I'm considering pulling the trigger on his EG Sandringham's in chestnut antique.
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Poor man's watch thread 49 seconds ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 59 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 2 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...