or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1888

post #28306 of 28935
ColdinBoston and Justin-amazing shoes.
post #28307 of 28935
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post
 

After 8 mos or so wait, the top drawer order has finally landed from San Diego. thanks to @steveyoo1983 for making it happen

 

Overall very happy with the order. The finish and refinement is hard to capture on camera, but it is great and to my eye is a notch above the regular line (as it should be I guess).

Also much more sculpted waist, sole and cuban heel ( I think thats what you call it).

Also the TD orders apparently come with black shoe bags as opposed to the classic EG green

 

TD Inverness burnt pine on 202 

Will post pics of the traveling companion a little later

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 


Lovely shade, the burnt pine is so underestimated here .. It could be worn basically anytime except in Winter .. Did you opt for the cuban heel or it came as a standard? 

post #28308 of 28935
very nice @justinkapur! Actually the one EG I packed with me to NYC. 202 last?
post #28309 of 28935
post #28310 of 28935
post #28311 of 28935
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post
 

After 8 mos or so wait, the top drawer order has finally landed from San Diego. thanks to @steveyoo1983 for making it happen

 

Overall very happy with the order. The finish and refinement is hard to capture on camera, but it is great and to my eye is a notch above the regular line (as it should be I guess).

Also much more sculpted waist, sole and cuban heel ( I think thats what you call it).

Also the TD orders apparently come with black shoe bags as opposed to the classic EG green

 

TD Inverness burnt pine on 202 

Will post pics of the traveling companion a little later

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post
 

And here is the other guy

Cottesbrook nighshade on 202

This based on a pair @Leaves (I believe it was him) had posted a while back

again thanks to @steveyoo1983


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

processed by AtomJPEG 1.5.0n

 

 

 

 

Thank you as always! Enjoy those beautiful Top Drawers in great health!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Not TD but still a pretty cool make up courtesy of GFW!

 

Thank you as always Justin!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosicPa View Post

Received my GF shell Galways today... Burgundy shell/Utah Brown on the 202 last and B1 sole....
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
002_zpswmd8zjpr.jpg

003_zpslgqe8xiz.jpg

008_zpsexqzgu4a.jpg

008_zpsexqzgu4a.jpg

014_zpsprqhfdc3.jpg

016_zpskl7jhl8c.jpg

 

Thank you very much & enjoy them in great health!

post #28312 of 28935

Quick Update on the Limited Edition Bourbon Shell (aka Whiskey Shell) & Chestnut Utah Shaft Galways!

 

We've gotten about 10 or 12 interest emails & PMs at this point and 4 slots have been filled already!

Only 2 more spots left at this time :)

 

Please feel free to email me if you are interested in joining!

 

Here are the specs...

 

Galway / 202 Last (different width option avail) / Bourbon Shell (aka Whiskey Shell) bottom & Chestnut Utah Shaft

Option of either B1 sole (metal toe option avail) or Dainite Sole

 

Happy Friday gents! Cheers!

Steve

post #28313 of 28935
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post



Not TD but still a pretty cool make up courtesy of GFW!

Gorgeous and super versatile!

Top drawer is top drawer, but EG still be EG 😎
post #28314 of 28935
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlynerdy View Post

Outstanding! Both pairs are fantastic, congrats.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie1 View Post

Edward Green Top Drawer shoes are excellent. I must get something new in burnt pine. Nice work!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averroes1198 View Post
 
Quote:
 
Originally Posted by fairlynerdy View Post



Outstanding! Both pairs are fantastic, congrats.
 

This!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
 

Congrats @coldinboston  - that must be quite a treat having two pairs of TD drop at once.  Winners both.  I do need to get some Nightshade in my life.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cezinho View Post
 

i was amazed by the burnt pine

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post


Not TD but still a pretty cool make up courtesy of GFW!
 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by heelguy View Post

ColdinBoston and Justin-amazing shoes.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 


Lovely shade, the burnt pine is so underestimated here .. It could be worn basically anytime except in Winter .. Did you opt for the cuban heel or it came as a standard? 

 

 

Thank you Gentlemen, they are very nice and comfortable for full day wear from the beginning (at least the inverness was today). Quite a treat to get both on the same day. Not sure what I was expecting but they are quite excellent all around in look and fit.

 

@RogerP Certainly you need a pair of nighshade shannons in your life!

 

@justinkapur Nice Kicks!

 

@Nikola the cuban heels come standard, i did not ask for them specifically

 

@Nikola @cezinho  Burnt pine is a nice shade and may be my favorite shade for EG (nighstshade and DOAK are up there also). Nikola I would even wear these in winter without thinking about it, but then again I am not really strickler for any specific menswear rules (whatever they may be ). The burnt pine IMO is dark enough to wear in winter especially when its not sunny outside, which means December through March in Boston. In the pic below from today in the shade the burnt pine looks fairly dark(er) brown.

 

post #28315 of 28935

@coldinboston Glad to hear you are enjoying them fully! They really are a rich shade of a burnt pine ..

As far as I can tell with these new batches, the Burnt Pine now is almost what the old Dark Oak used to look, I even had the old Dark Oak Antique Chelsea which were lighter than your burnt pine.. 
 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #28316 of 28935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
 

@coldinboston Glad to hear you are enjoying them fully! They really are a rich shade of a burnt pine ..

As far as I can tell with these new batches, the Burnt Pine now is almost what the old Dark Oak used to look, I even had the old Dark Oak Antique Chelsea which were lighter than your burnt pine.. 
 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

I think that means my new grail Galway might have to be Burnt Pine/ Walnut CC since the Doak has gone so dark.

 

New pic of Doak/Walnut CC Galways.

 

post #28317 of 28935

^That's quite dark, but in a good way! Nice photo as well! 

post #28318 of 28935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
 

^That's quite dark, but in a good way! Nice photo as well! 

 

I do like them but the contrast is what always grabbed me with the older doak/walnut CC. Oh and it's not my pic, its from www.skomakerdagestad.no and their Instagram page. https://www.instagram.com/skomakerdagestad/

post #28319 of 28935
Great looking boots in their own right, but absolutely NOT what I think of as DOAK.
post #28320 of 28935
^^ this.
Thinking about a Galway full burnt pine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy