Jerry, those are outstanding!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E Last post on 6/27/15 at 11:31pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 6/28/15 at 9:47am in Marketplace
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 6/25/15 at 4:19pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 186
Styleforum Top Picks
Honestly, I probably have too many, mainly Dovers. At least this is what my wife says. I'll post a pic this weekend. So far the StCs are my favorite, but the welting makes them less versatile so they get less wear.
The most obvious answer I think would be any shade of grey, but I also think they would pair nicely with browns as well. I have a pair of Camel Harris Tweed trousers that they would look stellar with.
We are putting together a MTO for navy Galways with shearling lining. PM me if you are interested.
82 Last 64 last
Galway Shearling Lined Boot
Midnight calf lower
Navy suede Upper
360 degree flat welt
Matching eyelets and speedhooks
dark brown welt and edge trim
Dark Brown Dainite sole
Here is a great example of how gorgeous this boot is:
And the shearling lining looks as follows:
Edited by CHRK33 - 3/20/13 at 8:13am
Recently acquired a vintage pair of Sandringhams in almond country calf. They're around 20-25 years old (EG couldn't locate a record for my pair when I contacted them). After seeing the amazing things some members are able to do with a little polish and elbow grease to develop patinas on their shoes, I thought 'How hard could it be?', and decided to go nuts with some polishes on the EGs. Boy, was that stupid!
A couple before pics:
After saddle soap, conditioner, a coat of meltonian london tan, and four coats of saphir mahogany; I am left with
Was trying for these: http://leffot.com/shop/edward-green-bauxite-sandringham/ while paying 1/3 the price. Didn't quite get there (the london tan polish was a poor choice), but I'm still pretty pleased with the results. The darker colour hides the marks on the leather near the welt pretty well, and they are more rose-hued (what I was going for) than can be seen in the photos.
I use saphir dark brown (no 5). Cream first, then polish.
For dark oak I typically use neutral cream, then neutral polish.
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 29 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › NWT Eidos Napoli (Isaia) Stone Grey Cotton Duffle Pablo Deck Coat... 7 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 17 minutes ago
- › The Official Bontoni Appreciation Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 18 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...