Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Buying and Selling
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 10:35 am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1849post #27721 of 289167/15/16 at 8:01ampost #27722 of 289167/15/16 at 8:21ampost #27723 of 289167/15/16 at 8:22ampost #27724 of 289167/15/16 at 8:33am
Good morning, I was hoping that some of the resident experts here might help me with a fit question. I'm looking to get my first pair of EGs (probably a 202 or 82 Chelsea in black to start my addiction, err... collection) but I wasn't sure on the sizing and, sadly, there are exceedingly few places in the DC area that carry EG, and none that carry wider sizes. I've got a pair of G&G Wigmores on the TG73 last in UK10.5G, which are a bit longer than necessary, but worked width-wise. I also have Carminas in UK10G that are less snug and right at the correct length. I figure I should stick with the UK10 for length, but my question is, will I need to get a G width or can I get away with an F on either the 82 or 202 lasts? I'd read both on here and the G&G thread that the TG73 can run more narrow, especially compared to the 202, so I wasn't sure. Thank you!post #27725 of 289167/15/16 at 9:03amQuote:Originally Posted by ike_hiking_boots
Just to update from my previous post as I had little time to go into detail but I had wanted to try and warn peeps on Thursday not to go out of their way to visit the pop-up.
I got there early, around 10.20am and was surprised that there were only 4 or 5 people waiting. Obviously the queue grew a bit longer by 11am.
Everyone I spoke to in the queue were pretty dumbfounded by the high pricing, apparently the prices were higher than the Factory Shop.
The large sizes were at the back of the room and rushed up to the top corner and was hugely disappointed. Another guy in the queue who was the same size as me was after Dover and Galway, fortunatley I was not interested in these styles so we didn't end up fighting over them, but he was also very disappointed with what was available. I'm not sure if he picked up any shoes for himself - just ended up picking up stuff for friends. I was looking for anything on the 72 last, and I'd hoped to have found one style in my size, no luck. There were a few styles in 72 last, boots and shoes in other sizes. I would of also been up for a pair of Dundee in an F fitting, they did have some Dundee in larger sizes, size 12 I recall.
There was a bargain rack, not sure what price those shoes were? £100? But there was nothing there for me. There was a big box of belts, which you had to dig through deep, EG should of made some effort to actually display these on a table IMO. I believe the prices were £50 and £80? I did not notice any shoe trees.
I left after around half an hour with nothing and headed into Son of Stag to look at some Japanese denim.
Bearing in mind the majority of the shoes at the pop-up are seconds the pricing is terrible and I would say don't waste your time or certainly don't go out of your way; fortunatley I only live 10 minutes away by bike. Of course I am sure a more than a few people found what they were looking for.
I had a quick look at the bargain rack and these were varied from £85 - £185 (from what I saw). These to me looked like proper samples where EG have tried new ideas - there were some really funky summer suede derbys in bright red, yellow and blue and ostrich leather slippers.
Only shoe I was tempted with was a Buxton slip-on in the original DOAK shade. However, it had slight heel slippage and at £465 (price for hand sewn seconds), I wasn't prepared to risk it and decided to save for a shoe actually on my wish list.post #27726 of 289167/15/16 at 12:38pmI've taken a few photos today if anyone is interested.
I'd agree prices are still pretty high for seconds. I almost found a deal at £250 but half a size too large.
I did get a few other stuff but not shoes. Will post them when I get home. Also if you bought belts, you have to head to Jerymn st. to get it shortened. Bet the staff aren't too pleased.
Edited by kelvw - 7/15/16 at 5:13pmpost #27727 of 289167/15/16 at 12:45pmpost #27728 of 289167/15/16 at 12:46pmpost #27729 of 289167/15/16 at 12:48pmQuote:
Yeah I'll be off to Jermyn Street to get my new belt shortened! But have been meaning to go in there for a while to get a pair of Chelsea's sent off for a refurb.post #27730 of 289167/15/16 at 3:13pmpost #27731 of 289167/15/16 at 3:21pmpost #27732 of 289167/15/16 at 3:27pmpost #27733 of 289167/15/16 at 5:34pmpost #27734 of 289167/15/16 at 5:43pmpost #27735 of 289167/15/16 at 5:56pm
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 14 minutes ago
- › Herring Shoes - Experiences? 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 16 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 17 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 17 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 18 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 19 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 19 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 22 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 23 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway