or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1836

post #27526 of 28954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

Carving is so cruel to the wood. For this errand, I keep a fleet of Norwegian virgins on staff to shape pieces of cedar or mahogany through erosion between their thighs.


How the hell else is someone supposed to make a shoe tree?

post #27527 of 28954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakedsnake View Post


How the hell else is someone supposed to make a shoe tree?

A block of wood and a lot of sand paper.
post #27528 of 28954
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

which shoes do you have lasted trees on? lasted trees have disappeared significantly over the past 10 years.

G&G used to offer lasted trees until maybe a couple of years ago
post #27529 of 28954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowkin View Post


Share G&G used to offer lasted trees until maybe a couple of years ago


No one offers lasted trees now?

post #27530 of 28954
With my HG C&J
wJvaOa3.jpg

34jgRo0.jpg

Sorry I'm still over the moon with it

Ldyr8yl.jpg
post #27531 of 28954
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolton87 View Post
 


No one offers lasted trees now?

 

I understood St. Crispin's shoe trees were all lasted and I know that Zonkey Boot have separate loafer, sailor and high street last shoe trees in their range which pretty much covers all their styles which would require trees.

 

G&G's argument for the lack of lasted trees is that all their lasts are the same bar the toe box which doesn't need any support as the toe boxes are stiffened. It does beg the question why they felt it necessary to supply them in the earlier days (when their prices were lower) but I think we all know the answer to that. They do however, have a different shoe tree for their Deco last as they are a lot more stylized in their shape and the generic one wouldn't fit.

post #27532 of 28954
^^^Lovely shoes, the colour is great.

The sun is out in the UK, and I'm not at work, so no socks and unlined EG loafers today.

post #27533 of 28954
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvw View Post


34jgRo0.jpg

What is the colour of that pair of Cheaney?
post #27534 of 28954
That
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmw View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvw View Post


34jgRo0.jpg

What is the colour of that pair of Cheaney?

That's the Attleborough in Charcoal Grey, more like an one off colour.
post #27535 of 28954
Thanks. Very nice colour. Like EG cloud.
post #27536 of 28954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowkin View Post

G&G used to offer lasted trees until maybe a couple of years ago
You can still buy them direct from London store.
post #27537 of 28954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Cash View Post

I understood St. Crispin's shoe trees were all lasted and I know that Zonkey Boot have separate loafer, sailor and high street last shoe trees in their range which pretty much covers all their styles which would require trees.

G&G's argument for the lack of lasted trees is that all their lasts are the same bar the toe box which doesn't need any support as the toe boxes are stiffened. It does beg the question why they felt it necessary to supply them in the earlier days (when their prices were lower) but I think we all know the answer to that. They do however, have a different shoe tree for their Deco last as they are a lot more stylized in their shape and the generic one wouldn't fit.
Yes sir deco is nice looking & lasted.
post #27538 of 28954
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

You can still buy them direct from London store.

Really? Like these? That would be very nice
post #27539 of 28954
Up for sale, but wanted to share

post #27540 of 28954
Brown utah?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy