or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1826

post #27376 of 28896
Steel28,

The rosewood country calf should only be on the 64.

And... My favorite last is the 82.
post #27377 of 28896
Cross post from Gentlemens Footwear thread:

Got my Galways in from Steve today. They are beautiful! The burgundy is on another level, much prefer this to burgundy antique or nightshade and there is still a bit of burnishing as well. EG also seems to have gotten better working with delapre on Galways, this pair's leather has almost no wrinkling compared to my racing green pair. These are F width on 202 so may appear a bit more bulky than normal.



post #27378 of 28896
Amazing. Can't wait.
post #27379 of 28896
15 pairs of EG and finally getting my first Galway.
post #27380 of 28896

Nice make up by GFW! All the pictures on the galways are tempting me again...

 

Any idea where can I get my hand on the standard galway, Doak with mink suede in 82 last in 7.5uk?

 

I know Edward Green website is stocking them but there is a wait time. Will love to get it as ready stock.... Either new or used is fine for me.... 

post #27381 of 28896

Hello experts,

 

I am rather new to luxury shoes and planning to get a couple of EG shoes, mainly because the common consensus is that EG leather quality is better than GG's. I would like your expert opinion on two things.

 

1. I would like my shoes to be not too aggressive such as EG 890 or GG TG73, but at the same time, I don't want anything too classic or rounded either. Just a bit contemporary and versatile. Is GG 888 a good option or are there any other lasts that are a bit more sleeker and elongated?

 

2. Is it true that GG leather quality is better than GG? I own a couple of pair of Church's in Betis calf so I'm not sure if EG and GG's leather are comparable to that.

 

Any advice is much appreciated.

 

Thanks

post #27382 of 28896
Any advice I can give will relate to EG only, I don't have any G&G (yet!)

1. I don't know whether others would agree, but I would go for 82 last as versatile without being either too extreme or too rounded.

2. EG leather & suede quality is noticeably better than Church's - I have several pairs of both.
post #27383 of 28896
coffee shanklins, been wearing them often in this warm/hot weather
post #27384 of 28896


Thanks NickD. That is a very useful tip. I was thinking of 82 and 888 as well. Hope you get a new G&G soon!!

post #27385 of 28896
Quote:
Originally Posted by heelguy View Post

15 pairs of EG and finally getting my first Galway.

that's not possible, how??? wink.gif

Congrats!



Trying to convince myself to grab those Doak Newmarkets on 82. What's stopping me is Ridgeway sole. Might be a no go just because of that. What I'm thinking instead is go for same boots in either Hazelnut or Edwardian Antique with Danite.

Decisions, decisions..
post #27386 of 28896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

Trying to convince myself to grab those Doak Newmarkets on 82. What's stopping me is Ridgeway sole. Might be a no go just because of that. What I'm thinking instead is go for same boots in either Hazelnut or Edwardian Antique with Danite.

Decisions, decisions..


Unless it's a killer deal on the doak Newmarkets, I'd pass if it's not your ideal makeup and put that $$ towards the makeup you want; plus you have doak covered with your Galways

 

My vote would be Hazelnut antique, it's a great medium brown and very versatile. My pair is on HAF soles (i believe), but dainite would be killer.

post #27387 of 28896
In the picture above? You can't see that it's a Ridgeway sole, so I wouldn't let that put you off, although I like the Ridgeway sole personally.

Doak really suits the chelsea boot shape, those Newmarkets look great.
post #27388 of 28896
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post


Unless it's a killer deal on the doak Newmarkets, I'd pass if it's not your ideal makeup and put that $$ towards the makeup you want; plus you have doak covered with your Galways

My vote would be Hazelnut antique, it's a great medium brown and very versatile. My pair is on HAF soles (i believe), but dainite would be killer.

Right, that's what I'm thinking. I got Doak Galways and Dovers and have Vintage Oak GG Thorpe GMTO that should be ready any day now.
post #27389 of 28896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickd View Post

In the picture above? You can't see that it's a Ridgeway sole, so I wouldn't let that put you off, although I like the Ridgeway sole personally.

Doak really suits the chelsea boot shape, those Newmarkets look great.


I agree how great they look and also a huge fan of Ridgeway sole but worry that it still will look a bit aggressive from certain angles for such a classic shape.
post #27390 of 28896
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVenneri View Post
 

Thank you! I'm sorry I didn't share right away. I didn't anticipate them arriving all the way from England in 24 hours and was on my way out the door. It's also pouring here. I want to provide proper pictures in natural lighting...They're the world's first in this makeup anyhow. ;)

 

So, when will be the big reveal???  Curious to see what you had made :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy