or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1820

post #27286 of 29003
These are on eBay now. They look counterfeit. What say you?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Edward-Green-Westminster-black-13-leather-double-monk-cap-loafer-shoe-NEW-1290-/231979638554?nav=SEARCH
post #27287 of 29003
Quote:
Originally Posted by volcanotristate View Post

These are on eBay now. They look counterfeit. What say you?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Edward-Green-Westminster-black-13-leather-double-monk-cap-loafer-shoe-NEW-1290-/231979638554?nav=SEARCH


they look legit to me, what makes you think they are counterfeit?  would be helpful if the seller had a pic of the insole/marking though

post #27288 of 29003
The price, the tear, and that there is no pic of the insole all were kind of funny to me. I have never torn my EG like that, so I do not really know what the raw leather looks like. I am an amateur when it comes to this so I am trying to learn. It looks like vinyl in the picture. I appreciate any education I can get. Not buying them cause they are way to large for me.
Peace
G
post #27289 of 29003

Look genuine, no doubt. Wow the 24 dollar EG!!

post #27290 of 29003
That auction could be a win for the buyer.

That tear isn't diffcult to repair and it would be almost invisible with a bit of polish work.

(My father has an inclination to destroy his nice shoes and I've repaired similar tears with great result.)
post #27291 of 29003
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVenneri View Post


These are Rogue Territory Dark Stanton's...Evidently my quads were too much for Gustin jeans. Customer service told me that the snug fit was perfectly normal and that I should wear them so they could stretch...I bent down to grab something off the floor and blew the crotch seam clean out. I wrote Gustin several times and they didn't want to rectify/address the issue. Never again.

 

Rogue Territory has some good stuff (I'm wearing their indigo canvas officer chino right now).  I also find their cuts to have just enough (extra) room in the thighs while still having a good taper.

 

You're brave to wear a fresh pair of darks with suede!  Though they look great with the Silverstones, very nice match.

post #27292 of 29003
Quote:
Originally Posted by volcanotristate View Post

They look counterfeit.

Are there such things?
post #27293 of 29003

Yeah, I can't imagine someone counterfeit the EG without looking like crap. 

post #27294 of 29003
They are everywhere. Make them for 50.00 sell for 3-400$

https://next.ft.com/content/6700d5cc-3209-11e6-ad39-3fee5ffe5b5b
post #27295 of 29003
I don't know if EG have been done yet b/c it is a very select and discerning clientele.
post #27296 of 29003
Quote:
Originally Posted by volcanotristate View Post

They are everywhere. Make them for 50.00 sell for 3-400$

https://next.ft.com/content/6700d5cc-3209-11e6-ad39-3fee5ffe5b5b

Spend some time on the board. Observe some EG photos. Buy the genuine pair and you will definitely be able to tell the authentic EG on a first sight, though I still believe there is no such thing as a fake EG. 

post #27297 of 29003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post

Spend some time on the board. Observe some EG photos. Buy the genuine pair and you will definitely be able to tell the authentic EG on a first sight, though I still believe there is no such thing as a fake EG. 

+1.

Why would someone make fake EGs whose customers are much more discerning when it's so much easier and more profitable to make and sell fake LVs and Chanels?
Edited by Chowkin - 6/15/16 at 5:31pm
post #27298 of 29003

I think it's simply that the market is too small to bother producing EG counterfeits. And if you walk down the street and ask people if they heard of EG or LV, you would get "no" & "yes" easily 95% of the time.

post #27299 of 29003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowkin View Post


+1.

Why would someone make fake EGs whose customers are much more discerning when it's so much easier and more profitable to make and sell fake LVs and Chanels?

 

More importantly, a fake LV or Chanel bag can be (mistakenly) identified as LV or Chanel. I have yet to see an EG, GG, JL, etc., shoe with a unique identifying logo. 

post #27300 of 29003
I think you are absolutely correct.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy