or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1818

post #27256 of 29009
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

So was this built on new resin last or old wooden last? biggrin.gif I still find it difficult to believe that change in the last material would change how shoe fit.

I also in reading didn't understand but from trying I did. I tried on a uk9.5 on the 82 over a year ago and it fit really well. I then proceeded to order a Chelsea on the same last in the same size which was on the new last and much too large to even wear.

Super strange and annoying but oh well
post #27257 of 29009
I once had two Dover's.

They were both the same last and same size. (606, UK8.5E)

But both were thousands of serials apart. (50k vs 109k)

One was much too small while the other was much too large.

I once had two Dover's.

Thank you.
post #27258 of 29009
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

So was this built on new resin last or old wooden last? biggrin.gif I still find it difficult to believe that change in the last material would change how shoe fit.


Old. This was from before the resins.

post #27259 of 29009
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
So was this built on new resin last or old wooden last? biggrin.gif I still find it difficult to believe that change in the last material would change how shoe fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie1 View Post

This story about resin lasts, while possible, sounds like the stuff of urban legends. I would like to hear EG or a reputable reseller chime in. Also, if true, what's the difference over time, less than 1/32" all around? Much more likely that plastic is simply cheaper...
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

I also in reading didn't understand but from trying I did. I tried on a uk9.5 on the 82 over a year ago and it fit really well. I then proceeded to order a Chelsea on the same last in the same size which was on the new last and much too large to even wear.
Super strange and annoying but oh well
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVenneri View Post

I once had two Dover's.
They were both the same last and same size. (606, UK8.5E)
But both were thousands of serials apart. (50k vs 109k)
One was much too small while the other was much too large.
I once had two Dover's.
Thank you.
The old E82 definitely fit me well while the new E82 requires me to wear thicker sox. As a result, I have to stick with boots should I use the new E82. Unfortunate as the older fit was better for me.
post #27260 of 29009
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

So was this built on new resin last or old wooden last? biggrin.gif I still find it difficult to believe that change in the last material would change how shoe fit.

The last material doesn't change the fit, the wear to that last material over the years does.

I asked last time I was in the Jermyn Street store, the reason the resin lasts are slightly more generous is that they are back to how the wooden lasts would have been when they were new.

The resin lasted 82s are a better fit for me than the old ones, a little more room across the toes.
post #27261 of 29009

How exactly did they preserve the exact dimensions of the wooden lasts? I don't think there was such a thing as CAD back in 1890...

post #27262 of 29009
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanchri View Post
 

How exactly did they preserve the exact dimensions of the wooden lasts? I don't think there was such a thing as CAD back in 1890...

 

They probably wrote down the measurements. 

post #27263 of 29009

Haven't worn these in a while, so I figured I'd post the picture I took.

 

post #27264 of 29009
Also there was no forum of mega shoe enthusiasts debate these nuances smile.gif

Likely a customer would go back to the shop and say 'it don't fit! Fix it!'
post #27265 of 29009
The 82 is an amazing last for the malvern.
post #27266 of 29009


EG Newbury at a wedding
post #27267 of 29009
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post



EG Newbury at a wedding

Have you been darkening them? They look much darker now that when you first bought them. I think they look better now than the original
post #27268 of 29009
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post

Have you been darkening them? They look much darker now that when you first bought them. I think they look better now than the original

I was in doors and no flash. I actually plan on darkening them. I just did my dovers and malverns and these bad boys are due
post #27269 of 29009
Newbury are beautiful
Edited by merv49 - 6/12/16 at 7:41am
post #27270 of 29009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan88 View Post
 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Took some nice pictures of a pair I'm selling. UK10.5 E82 ;)

 

 

What do use to polish the shoes so well?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy