Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Buying and Selling
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:57 pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1809post #27121 of 296156/3/16 at 5:47amMaybe a silly question but do things rust when they are wet? Always assumed they rust when dry after being wet? What do I know apart from my saude Galways are going strong 3 years on and I have stopped loving them in terms of spray protector but should do that task as the English weather is cold and very wet at the moment in London, the Chelsea boots are also doing well. Get some history on your feet. Cheers.post #27122 of 296156/3/16 at 5:48amI always find a chrome tanned suede to be far more durable than people think. It's the vegetable tanned suede that seems delicate, and of course the Tarrago nano or Saphir is a life saver. Most EG suede is chrome or analine tanned. But at least you could send them straight back to EG if you had a problem, you have the packing materials!post #27123 of 296156/3/16 at 5:50ampost #27124 of 296156/3/16 at 6:57ampost #27125 of 296156/3/16 at 7:46am
There's no one left in the office at that hour.Quote:
They're coated in nano. I use the nano spray to prevent against small droplets like urinal back-spatter or hands dripping after a fresh scrub...Since it was down-pouring outside the nano would have been as effective as an oven mit in hell.
I see a lot of people with Rolex Submariner's...How many do you think wear them on 300m saltwater dives?Quote:
Nothing like a pop of color!Quote:Originally Posted by Farhad19620
LOL, I do not understand why buy suede shoes when you have to do this to them?
I have a pair of suede shoes which are nearly 15years old which have been through rain and puddles of water but still look very good.
I say just wear them and enjoy, when they are wet just put your shoe trees in them and let them dry naturally after that give them a light brush and you are all set!
I don't understand why people have sex if they're going to wear condoms.Quote:
Some of the world's most coveted secrets reside in that attache...Quote:Originally Posted by Naesuk
Maybe a silly question but do things rust when they are wet? Always assumed they rust when dry after being wet? What do I know apart from my saude Galways are going strong 3 years on and I have stopped loving them in terms of spray protector but should do that task as the English weather is cold and very wet at the moment in London, the Chelsea boots are also doing well. Get some history on your feet. Cheers.
Oxidation. I'm glad I could help.
Edited by MrVenneri - 6/3/16 at 8:34ampost #27126 of 296156/3/16 at 8:20ampost #27127 of 296156/3/16 at 8:46ampost #27128 of 296156/3/16 at 9:11amQuote:
My understanding has always been that the invention of the shoe was to protect one's feet. It seems a little counter productive to invent something for the sole purpose of protecting said invention at any cost...
You could say that shoes and condoms serve similar purposes, however would you also wrap your condoms with a protective bag to "keep the condom safe and protected"...?post #27129 of 296156/3/16 at 9:18ampost #27130 of 296156/3/16 at 10:23ampost #27131 of 296156/3/16 at 10:43amQuote:
I enjoy my Rolex as much as the next guy...but as there are much more useful dive watches...what advantage do you find in diving with your Sub?post #27132 of 296156/3/16 at 10:48ampost #27133 of 296156/3/16 at 11:12ampost #27134 of 296156/3/16 at 2:48pmpost #27135 of 296156/4/16 at 8:01am
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 47 seconds ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 47 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Exotic Leather Goods 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE for January 27, 2017: Laurence Fellows Recreation 11 minutes ago
- › Tie ignoramus in need of help 15 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...