or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1807

post #27091 of 28935
I personally don't think navy is that versatile for suits. I have a pair from Lobb that I never wear. Mid to lighter grey suits. Or if you wear tan gabardine or linen suits. Even so, I think there are better choices than blue.
post #27092 of 28935
Quote:
Originally Posted by justonemore View Post

How many people here wear EG midnight with suits? What do you put it with? Too light for navy, right? too light for charcoal, right? Light-mid greys and light-mid blues?
My daughter would like me to sport these Oundles to her concert tonight. But she also picked out a plain navy DB suit...and I've never paired midnight with navy before.

Thanks in advance....

I wouldn't normally pair midnight with navy but since it's your daughter who asked you to do so, to hell with normal colour coordination ūüėā
post #27093 of 28935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowkin View Post


I wouldn't normally pair midnight with navy but since it's your daughter who asked you to do so, to hell with normal colour coordination ūüėā

 

That's sort of the way I'm leaning...It's a kid's performance not the opera or business (or daily wear. lol). I'll still be the best dressed there...and although perhaps not to my personal best.... I'd be willing to bet that I'll be the only one there in a suit and tie anyways...and even if the color might be a  bit off...my shoes will still be the best in the house....:cheers:

post #27094 of 28935
Quote:
Originally Posted by justonemore View Post
 

How many people here wear EG midnight with suits? What do you put it with? Too light for navy, right? too light for charcoal, right? Light-mid greys and light-mid blues?

My daughter would like me to sport these Oundles to her concert tonight. But she also picked out a plain navy DB suit...and I've never paired midnight with navy before.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Thanks in advance....


I would only wear those with mid to light gray suit .. 

post #27095 of 28935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
 


I would only wear those with mid to light gray suit .. 


Would you wear a light grey DB suit to an evening kid's concert?

post #27096 of 28935
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry2000 View Post

I personally don't think navy is that versatile for suits. I have a pair from Lobb that I never wear. Mid to lighter grey suits. Or if you wear tan gabardine or linen suits. Even so, I think there are better choices than blue.


I somewhat agree. I have a couple outfits that I've liked pairing these with...and my daughter absolutely loves them....but they are most certainly not the most versatile shoes in my closet...lol.

post #27097 of 28935
Quote:
Originally Posted by justonemore View Post
 


Would you wear a light grey DB suit to an evening kid's concert?

No. I am just referring to what I would team the shoes in question. If he's about to fulfill his kid wish, than it doesn't really matter what others think. 

post #27098 of 28935
Beautiful shoes. I wouldn't mind them with any shade of grey. They would look killer with security guard outfit (grey trousers and navy sportcoat)

post #27099 of 28935
Quote:
Originally Posted by justonemore View Post

That's sort of the way I'm leaning...It's a kid's performance not the opera or business (or daily wear. lol). I'll still be the best dressed there...and although perhaps not to my personal best.... I'd be willing to bet that I'll be the only one there in a suit and tie anyways...and even if the color might be a  bit off...my shoes will still be the best in the house....cheers.gif

Your daughter's smile is priceless.
post #27100 of 28935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola View Post
 

No. I am just referring to what I would team the shoes in question. If he's about to fulfill his kid wish, than it doesn't really matter what others think. 


It might not matter what others think.....but if I had gotten an overly negative reaction to the idea, it may have...I might have gone with a different suit that would fit the shoes as well...It's the reason I asked the question...lol...And thank you for taking the time to answer....and at least this way I have a better idea as to how to pair them in the future as well...


Edited by justonemore - 6/2/16 at 7:34am
post #27101 of 28935
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

Beautiful shoes. I wouldn't mind them with any shade of grey. They would look killer with security guard outfit (grey trousers and navy sportcoat)

 

 

 

Hadn't thought of that....But then again...I would guess most security guard uniform standards demand black shoes....but who knows, perhaps a few out there are lucky enough to pick out their footwear and sport some midnight EGs... 

post #27102 of 28935
Talking about what goes - does this work. I'm in the park with my daughter and it seems the socks colour was a wrong choice ....
post #27103 of 28935
Quote:
Originally Posted by merv49 View Post

Talking about what goes - does this work. I'm in the park with my daughter and it seems the socks colour was a wrong choice ....

 

I agree about the socks; in my opinion a darker green preferably with a pattern on top would have worked well.

post #27104 of 28935


Because I would rather crawl naked through a field of rusted shrapnel than get a single drop of water on my suede Chelsea's.
post #27105 of 28935

You should patent! Now even swims are this good! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy