or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1804

post #27046 of 28951
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post
 

 

These are fantastic, Mr. V. I have a pair of single monks coming in brown suede - I agree - I shouldn't have waited!!! Enjoy them!

 

Thank you sir! Please share pictures of yours when they arrive. I'd love to see which shade of brown you chose! :)

post #27047 of 28951
MrVenneri congrats my man those are lovely I take it 888 is close enough to tg73 aka go for same size 8.5uk biggrin.gif
post #27048 of 28951
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

MrVenneri congrats my man those are lovely I take it 888 is close enough to tg73 aka go for same size 8.5uk biggrin.gif

 

Honestly I wouldn't compare any EG last to any GG in the same size as far as fit...All of the EG lasts I own (606,808,82,64,888,202) have more total volume than my GG's. I only wear Chup socks with my EG's and they provide an excellent, comfortable, fit all day long...It's a truly beautiful feeling. My GG's can only be worn with my thinnest dress socks, which is great because I love GG oxfords for more formal occasions. Additionally the fit is absolutely wonderful once you get used to it. But even with thin dress socks they're more snug than my EG's.

 

This is a lot of circumstantially speculative information. Why don't you just come over and try them on yourself since we're the same size! My wine cellar is full and it's a beautiful weekend in Cincinnati! :)

post #27049 of 28951
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVenneri View Post

 

This is a lot of circumstantially speculative information. Why don't you just come over and try them on yourself since we're the same size! My wine cellar is full and it's a beautiful weekend in Cincinnati! :)

 

Whoa, a meetup between MrV and TTown...surely will send shockwaves into the shoe world 

post #27050 of 28951
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVenneri View Post

Honestly I wouldn't compare any EG last to any GG in the same size as far as fit...All of the EG lasts I own (606,808,82,64,888,202) have more total volume than my GG's. I only wear Chup socks with my EG's and they provide an excellent, comfortable, fit all day long...It's a truly beautiful feeling. My GG's can only be worn with my thinnest dress socks, which is great because I love GG oxfords for more formal occasions. Additionally the fit is absolutely wonderful once you get used to it. But even with thin dress socks they're more snug than my EG's.

This is a lot of circumstantially speculative information. Why don't you just come over and try them on yourself since we're the same size! My wine cellar is full and it's a beautiful weekend in Cincinnati! smile.gif
Sir you are too kind & will definitely pick you up on that offer. Please check your messenger.
post #27051 of 28951
You guys are gonna have to post pics, esp of ttown brings his collection over as well --- that many sweet shoes in one place would break the universe.
post #27052 of 28951

Who would have thunk that the epicenter of the SF shoe world would be in Ohio?

post #27053 of 28951

I'm wondering if people could comment on sizing. If I can take an 11.5 E82 UK in a  Galway and soon to be chelsea oxford (mocca suede), does anyone think I could take a 202D in the Cardiff in suede? I don't have experience with the 202, but I often see it in a D width.

post #27054 of 28951
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVenneri View Post

My only regret was waiting as long as I did before purchasing this pair.

888 last
Mink suede

So nice! I've been contemplating suck a pair for months – were yours MTO?
post #27055 of 28951


Happy Memorial Day and thanks to those who have served!
post #27056 of 28951
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K M View Post


So nice! I've been contemplating suck a pair for months – were yours MTO?

 

Thank you! No mine were stock, er...I think. I get all my non-MTO's from my from my extended network. :)

post #27057 of 28951
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVenneri View Post

Thank you! No mine were stock, er...I think. I get all my non-MTO's from my from my extended network. smile.gif

Ah, fair enough. Would be really interested to know if it's in stock somewhere, since I could then save the MTO fee...But then again I use F-width on 888 so probably not likely.
post #27058 of 28951
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K M View Post

Ah, fair enough. Would be really interested to know if it's in stock somewhere, since I could then save the MTO fee...But then again I use F-width on 888 so probably not likely.

In case you didn't know --- EG retailers can do a reorder of stock models in other widths with no MTO fee. Useful if you have wide feet!
post #27059 of 28951
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlynerdy View Post

In case you didn't know --- EG retailers can do a reorder of stock models in other widths with no MTO fee. Useful if you have wide feet!

Uh, I actually forgot. Now I just need to find a retailer who stocks that model happy.gif
post #27060 of 28951
A favourite among favourites.

Burgundy Utah

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy