or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1758

post #26356 of 28933
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltjaw View Post

What product do you gents prefer for cleaning/conditioning your country calf Galways? Sorry if this has been addressed before.
Sapphire product for every thing & bick 4.
post #26357 of 28933
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Sapphire product for every thing

When the care products cost more than the shoes.
post #26358 of 28933
Quote:
Originally Posted by atia2 View Post

When the care products cost more than the shoes.
I just use sapphire product & bick 4. If you are spending 1000$ + on a shoe I would assume you would use good quality product. But that just me no harm done to each there own.
post #26359 of 28933
Quote:
Originally Posted by atia2 View Post

When the care products cost more than the shoes.

I guess dont buy the ferrari if you dont want to pay for the fuel...

I do also use saphir cream polish and bick 4.
I rarely use cream polish on my shoes (maybe once a year, or twice depending on wear). I use bick4 more often depending on when I remember.
I mean compared the cost of the shoes even the "expensive" saphir is a very minor cost
post #26360 of 28933
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

I just use sapphire product & bick 4. If you are spending 1000$ + on a shoe I would assume you would use good quality product. But that just me no harm done to each there own.

Couldn't agree with you more good sir. I struggle with the concept of why some met cut corners in the wrong places. Like refusing to invest in good socks or cleaning/care products for their four figure shoes. I don't know what the cost is around the world...but my saphir creams are ~$12.50, Reno ~$20, and waxes ~$8. A little goes a long way as I've had mine for well over 2 years and I've barely made a dent.
post #26361 of 28933
Frankly I have not seen any benefits of Saphir products over cheaper products, aside from a more pleasant smell.
post #26362 of 28933
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVenneri View Post

Couldn't agree with you more good sir. I struggle with the concept of why some met cut corners in the wrong places. Like refusing to invest in good socks or cleaning/care products for their four figure shoes. I don't know what the cost is around the world...but my saphir creams are ~$12.50, Reno ~$20, and waxes ~$8. A little goes a long way as I've had mine for well over 2 years and I've barely made a dent.

The pricing of the Saphir products is not outrageous, especially for those who can afford the four figure pricing on shoes. As long as your shoes are getting nourishment and protection from the products you are using, that's the bottom line.

As far as socks are concerned, a better quality of materials and the design is what makes up the higher cost. The cheaper stuff tends to be cheap for a reason.

Cheers!
post #26363 of 28933


Shoe shine Sunday
post #26364 of 28933
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltjaw View Post

What product do you gents prefer for cleaning/conditioning your country calf Galways? Sorry if this has been addressed before.
I like Lexol.
post #26365 of 28933
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post



Shoe shine Sunday

 

 

Galways on the 888 last? Looks terrific :fonz:

post #26366 of 28933
Quote:
Originally Posted by wklq76a View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Galways on the 888 last? Looks terrific fing02%5B1%5D.gif

Nailed it! Thanks man. Steve at GFW is a pleasure to work with and was able to put those shoes on my feet
post #26367 of 28933
GlenKaren has a useful and much less toxic line of conditioners/waterproofers. No idea what their waxes are like.
post #26368 of 28933

I agree with @Concordia. GlenKaren products are phenomenal. While I find shoe polishing/conditioning to be highly relaxing and soothing, the scent of the orange oil also provides somewhat of an "aroma therapy" experience.

 

With that aside, the natural ingredients in both the polishes and conditioner are great! Really keeps the shoes in great condition + provides a nice shine to it. You also don't have to worry about any toxic ingredients as well!

post #26369 of 28933

Regarding polish and for what it's worth, I'm 99.9% sure that TheShoeSnob shoe care products are rebranded Saphir MDO. I recently got the Mink Oil Renovator, cream polish, and wax polish. are made by the same company that makes Saphir (Avel). On top of that, the sticker that tells the color is the same as Saphir. Good way to save a few bucks!

post #26370 of 28933
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhan12 View Post

Regarding polish and for what it's worth, I'm 99.9% sure that TheShoeSnob shoe care products are rebranded Saphir MDO. I recently got the Mink Oil Renovator, cream polish, and wax polish. are made by the same company that makes Saphir (Avel). On top of that, the sticker that tells the color is the same as Saphir. Good way to save a few bucks!

I heard the same thing about the Lobb products but to me the consistency and smell of the cream polish are different (bw lobb and saphir), but who knows. Maybe they are reformulated to match the colors lobb has.
Mainly got the matching lobb cream for the museum colors bc i was afraid i would mess up the finish but i dont know if it makes a difference from just using regular saphir products. Plus if you have any decent relationship with your SA you can get some free polish for your 1k+ shoes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy