Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Buying and Selling
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 1/19/17 at 2:13pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1758post #26356 of 296654/3/16 at 9:22ampost #26357 of 296654/3/16 at 9:28ampost #26358 of 296654/3/16 at 9:36ampost #26359 of 296654/3/16 at 9:38am
I guess dont buy the ferrari if you dont want to pay for the fuel...
I do also use saphir cream polish and bick 4.
I rarely use cream polish on my shoes (maybe once a year, or twice depending on wear). I use bick4 more often depending on when I remember.
I mean compared the cost of the shoes even the "expensive" saphir is a very minor costpost #26360 of 296654/3/16 at 9:39amQuote:
Couldn't agree with you more good sir. I struggle with the concept of why some met cut corners in the wrong places. Like refusing to invest in good socks or cleaning/care products for their four figure shoes. I don't know what the cost is around the world...but my saphir creams are ~$12.50, Reno ~$20, and waxes ~$8. A little goes a long way as I've had mine for well over 2 years and I've barely made a dent.post #26361 of 296654/3/16 at 10:00ampost #26362 of 296654/3/16 at 11:33amQuote:Originally Posted by MrVenneri
Couldn't agree with you more good sir. I struggle with the concept of why some met cut corners in the wrong places. Like refusing to invest in good socks or cleaning/care products for their four figure shoes. I don't know what the cost is around the world...but my saphir creams are ~$12.50, Reno ~$20, and waxes ~$8. A little goes a long way as I've had mine for well over 2 years and I've barely made a dent.
The pricing of the Saphir products is not outrageous, especially for those who can afford the four figure pricing on shoes. As long as your shoes are getting nourishment and protection from the products you are using, that's the bottom line.
As far as socks are concerned, a better quality of materials and the design is what makes up the higher cost. The cheaper stuff tends to be cheap for a reason.
Cheers!post #26363 of 296654/3/16 at 4:00pmpost #26364 of 296654/3/16 at 4:16pmpost #26365 of 296654/3/16 at 4:41pmpost #26366 of 296654/3/16 at 4:43pmpost #26367 of 296654/3/16 at 5:47pmpost #26368 of 296654/3/16 at 6:07pm
I agree with @Concordia. GlenKaren products are phenomenal. While I find shoe polishing/conditioning to be highly relaxing and soothing, the scent of the orange oil also provides somewhat of an "aroma therapy" experience.
With that aside, the natural ingredients in both the polishes and conditioner are great! Really keeps the shoes in great condition + provides a nice shine to it. You also don't have to worry about any toxic ingredients as well!post #26369 of 296654/3/16 at 6:36pm
Regarding polish and for what it's worth, I'm 99.9% sure that TheShoeSnob shoe care products are rebranded Saphir MDO. I recently got the Mink Oil Renovator, cream polish, and wax polish. are made by the same company that makes Saphir (Avel). On top of that, the sticker that tells the color is the same as Saphir. Good way to save a few bucks!post #26370 of 296654/3/16 at 6:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by rbhan12
Regarding polish and for what it's worth, I'm 99.9% sure that TheShoeSnob shoe care products are rebranded Saphir MDO. I recently got the Mink Oil Renovator, cream polish, and wax polish. are made by the same company that makes Saphir (Avel). On top of that, the sticker that tells the color is the same as Saphir. Good way to save a few bucks!
I heard the same thing about the Lobb products but to me the consistency and smell of the cream polish are different (bw lobb and saphir), but who knows. Maybe they are reformulated to match the colors lobb has.
Mainly got the matching lobb cream for the museum colors bc i was afraid i would mess up the finish but i dont know if it makes a difference from just using regular saphir products. Plus if you have any decent relationship with your SA you can get some free polish for your 1k+ shoes.
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 23 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 52 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Styleforum App? Styleforum would get a huge marketing boost and... 5 minutes ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 5 minutes ago
- › Locate Tailor 6 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 10 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 10 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...