or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1706

post #25576 of 28908
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewStart View Post

There are so many ways to argue this.

@Farhad19620
am just curious, from the practical view point, what is exactly wrong with Left & Right boots are not part of the same pair, if they were produced to the same spec (apart form the obvious tongue issue that you highlighted)? Looking at your pictures they look exactly the same from outside. And I guess most human being will have their left foot different from their right foot anyway and they would not be able to tell.

(I know that thing will be annoying when we have noticed it, but clearly you did not notice it before)

EG can argue that the boots were discounted before they were labelled incorrectly + the tongue. 
Very good point but as I said the suede is a slightly different colour also.

If they fit, I would keep them but think it would be pretty difficult to move on a pair of what is in the end, odd boots
post #25577 of 28908
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post


Very good point but as I said the suede is a slightly different colour also.

If they fit, I would keep them but think it would be pretty difficult to move on a pair of what is in the end, odd boots


Indeed...And if they weren't sold as odd boots then I would think an explanation from EG is in order...discounted or not....

post #25578 of 28908
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post


Very good point but as I said the suede is a slightly different colour also.

If they fit, I would keep them but think it would be pretty difficult to move on a pair of what is in the end, odd boots


Now look at them again, they are different actually, and feel a bit odd now :crazy:

post #25579 of 28908
Link to the pics gents?
post #25580 of 28908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Link to the pics gents?


I think the main will provide some pictures soon, here are pictures from Farhad's listing on ebay 

 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Edward-Green-Galway-Boots-Size-UK-8E-/111881640040?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=82xVIDjazip4aqeMvLyWVA9IiA8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

post #25581 of 28908
If they were discounted, I'm not sure how much of an explanation is required, especially if they are the same size and last.

Discounted EG shoes sometimes have issues, whether they are/should be marked as seconds. Were these marked as seconds?

On a separate note, someone purchased lightly used sweet EG exotics on deep discount from eBay. Best EG item I have seen in some time. Forgive the crappy reproduced pic:

post #25582 of 28908
post #25583 of 28908
All I can add is that the numbers match for all my pairs of EGs.
post #25584 of 28908
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

All I can add is that the numbers match for all my pairs of EGs.


Darnit Roger...Now I'm going to have to go look at all of mine as well....:nest: 

 

The 4 I have here all match...I'm guessing the other 2 in the shop will as well....I myself wouldn't have even thought of it until this discussion honestly...but of course I haven't dealt with anything obviously mismatched either.

post #25585 of 28908
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie1 View Post

If they were discounted, I'm not sure how much of an explanation is required, especially if they are the same size and last.

Discounted EG shoes sometimes have issues, whether they are/should be marked as seconds. Were these marked as seconds?

On a separate note, someone purchased lightly used sweet EG exotics on deep discount from eBay. Best EG item I have seen in some time. Forgive the crappy reproduced pic:



The boots are not marked as seconds as you will see from the pictures because EG Mark a B inside their shoes if they are seconds and I have bought from the factory many times and always there is the explanation of the problem inside the box written in a sheet of paper!

I can fully understand if I had bought them on eBay or from the factory shop I would expect some imperfections but buying them from the flagship boutique is what has shocked me the most! I have found my credit card receipt which I paid on Amex and will spend all day tomorrow looking for the original shop receipt.

If only EG knew the amount of people I have convinced over the years to buy their shoes and boots!
post #25586 of 28908
I can confirm there is no mark of any kind to suggest these are seconds. They're first quality, just not from the same pair!
post #25587 of 28908
The S in the writing indicates they are seconds - i thought
post #25588 of 28908


Sunny day at the playground
post #25589 of 28908
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewStart View Post

The S in the writing indicates they are seconds - i thought

 

that indicates a model w/ shearling

seconds have a B on top of the size marking

post #25590 of 28908
Does any store currently carry the Galway in a 202?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy