or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1705

post #25561 of 28991

If a unlined suede Shanklin on rubber soles are not one of the most comfortable/versatile, yet classic, shoes don't know what is

 

202

Coffee

 

post #25562 of 28991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post

If a unlined suede Shanklin on rubber soles are not one of the most comfortable/versatile, yet classic, shoes don't know what is

202
Coffee


agreed-just got them in tobacco suede
post #25563 of 28991

very nice @BenLeaman!  Welcome to the 3 (& counting) Galway club! lol

 

@Faster I agree, I have the coffee Shanklins as well and love the look & comfort of them

post #25564 of 28991
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLeaman View Post



It's a shiny new pair of Galways!
DOAK/Mink
82E last
Leather sole


Terrific boots my man. And I love the step shots!
post #25565 of 28991
These shell Galways have strengthened my resolve to purchase my first pair of RTW Galways (64 last). I have no way to try them on before buying, so perhaps I could elicit a sizing recommendation?

I measure 10.5C on the Brannock.
Alden Barrie 9.5D is a perfect fit.
C&J size 9 on the 335 last is a little wide.

I appreciate the help.
post #25566 of 28991
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltjaw View Post

These shell Galways have strengthened my resolve to purchase my first pair of RTW Galways (64 last). I have no way to try them on before buying, so perhaps I could elicit a sizing recommendation?

I measure 10.5C on the Brannock.
Alden Barrie 9.5D is a perfect fit.
C&J size 9 on the 335 last is a little wide.

I appreciate the help.

 

For reference only...

 

I'm a 10C/D on the Brannock.

Alden Barrie 9D is a perfect, snug, fit with thin dress socks only.

 

I wear a shearling lined 64 lasted Galway in a UK9E and it fits very well with a thin dress sock only. I believe the shearling lined shaft is responsible for consuming a lot of interior boot volume however. My Galway on the 82 last is a UK9E and while the footbed is perfect for my foot, the interior/instep volume is a bit spacious. My 82's lack the shearling. Generally people find the 64 to be the more spacious of two...but again my perspective is limited.

 

I'll spare you the "importance of a proper fitting" lecture.

 

Hope this helps.

post #25567 of 28991
Thanks for the sizing advice. Sounds like we are fairly similar sizes. I have read that one can pretty safely go with their Barrie last size in most EG. I think I will end up going with a 9.5 on the 64E. I was hoping to purchase from Westley Richards, but they only offer the 64F.
post #25568 of 28991
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post

very nice @BenLeaman
!  Welcome to the 3 (& counting) Galway club! lol

Thanks, it's addicting and I'm already in the "and counting" stage with my current preorder for the burgundy Galways from Gentlemen's Footwear smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Terrific boots my man. And I love the step shots!

Thanks, I believe you could safely say the photos were inspired.
post #25569 of 28991
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post

Chestnut Utah Dovers (202 last) today. Bought from Mr. Porter and sadly no shoe trees were included; free shipping though! smile.gif


I have that exact make up on order from Steve
post #25570 of 28991

Speaking of Dover - Gold Delapre Dover with some patina for a cloudy day

 

post #25571 of 28991
Gentlemen, I need a bit of advice please.

I bought a pair of Galway boots from the EG shop in London last July which I moved on to a fellow member .

We both new about a colour variation between the inside of the tongue of both boots , something I did not notice while I was at the shop at the time of buying the boots but only realised later and the boots were on sale but I was never told that this was the problem with the boots!

Anyway today he has written the following email to me and I want to help him as much as possible but where do I stand with this argument with the shop ?


Hi Farhad,
So, after a little bit of detective work cos it looks like I was going to have to move these on, it turns out these boots aren't actually a pair! The order numbers I side don't match, which explains the suede being a different colour.

Were you aware of this when you sold them?

Regards,



My answer to him was that of course I was not aware of this and there was no way of me finding out but I was fully aware of the different colour variation on the inside of the tongue and I explained that clearly on the listing at the time of sale.

I am going to try and find the original receipt of the boots and they also took my details on their computer at the time of purchase.

Do you think this was a genuine mistake by the shop or did they sell me two different boots just to get rid of them in the sale? I do not believe they did nor would I expect this from EG specially after being a customer with them for over 25 years!

Any advice would be welcome as I have never come across a situation like this before!
post #25572 of 28991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post

Gentlemen, I need a bit of advice please.

I bought a pair of Galway boots from the EG shop in London last July which I moved on to a fellow member .

We both new about a colour variation between the inside of the tongue of both boots , something I did not notice while I was at the shop at the time of buying the boots but only realised later and the boots were on sale but I was never told that this was the problem with the boots!

Anyway today he has written the following email to me and I want to help him as much as possible but where do I stand with this argument with the shop ?


Hi Farhad,
So, after a little bit of detective work cos it looks like I was going to have to move these on, it turns out these boots aren't actually a pair! The order numbers I side don't match, which explains the suede being a different colour.

Were you aware of this when you sold them?

Regards,



My answer to him was that of course I was not aware of this and there was no way of me finding out but I was fully aware of the different colour variation on the inside of the tongue and I explained that clearly on the listing at the time of sale.

I am going to try and find the original receipt of the boots and they also took my details on their computer at the time of purchase.

Do you think this was a genuine mistake by the shop or did they sell me two different boots just to get rid of them in the sale? I do not believe they did nor would I expect this from EG specially after being a customer with them for over 25 years!

Any advice would be welcome as I have never come across a situation like this before!

I think actual pictures of the boots and the issue as well as the EG label inside both boots would be extreme helpful. Not only for us when making recommendations but also for EG if you should decide to ask for some assistance. What were terms of the sale at the time? Why exactly were the boots on sale? 

post #25573 of 28991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post

Gentlemen, I need a bit of advice please.

I bought a pair of Galway boots from the EG shop in London last July which I moved on to a fellow member .

We both new about a colour variation between the inside of the tongue of both boots , something I did not notice while I was at the shop at the time of buying the boots but only realised later and the boots were on sale but I was never told that this was the problem with the boots!

Anyway today he has written the following email to me and I want to help him as much as possible but where do I stand with this argument with the shop ?


Hi Farhad,
So, after a little bit of detective work cos it looks like I was going to have to move these on, it turns out these boots aren't actually a pair! The order numbers I side don't match, which explains the suede being a different colour.

Were you aware of this when you sold them?

Regards,



My answer to him was that of course I was not aware of this and there was no way of me finding out but I was fully aware of the different colour variation on the inside of the tongue and I explained that clearly on the listing at the time of sale.

I am going to try and find the original receipt of the boots and they also took my details on their computer at the time of purchase.

Do you think this was a genuine mistake by the shop or did they sell me two different boots just to get rid of them in the sale? I do not believe they did nor would I expect this from EG specially after being a customer with them for over 25 years!

Any advice would be welcome as I have never come across a situation like this before!


The fact is that you'll never know if it was an honest mistake or not....Could they have just have had a pair of mismatched boots that they wanted to move and hoped you didn't notice in the shop? Sure..Would they ever admit it? Probably not....But...I would lean towards honest mistake myself...  I honestly don't  see EG selling something in such a manner on purpose. Someone didn't check something close enough and off they went...You didn't really catch on either now did you?

 

The receipt and an email should probably give you an idea as to what EG has to say on the matter.  It does sort of lead to the question as to who has the second pair of mismatched boots and what they might be thinking???:censored: 

post #25574 of 28991
Hi all, I was the buyer here. I only noticed the number discrepancy when I was taking additional pictures with a view to reselling them due to them being a bit small. I too pointed out the difference in the tongues to a potential buyer but later noticed the suede is a pretty poor match too. It was then I noticed the numbers inside don't match and on asking round discovered they should.
I have no prior experience with EG BTW.

Oh, I'll try to get pics up asap
post #25575 of 28991

There are so many ways to argue this.

 

@Farhad19620 am just curious, from the practical view point, what is exactly wrong with Left & Right boots are not part of the same pair, if they were produced to the same spec (apart form the obvious tongue issue that you highlighted)? Looking at your pictures they look exactly the same from outside. And I guess most human being will have their left foot different from their right foot anyway and they would not be able to tell.

 

(I know that thing will be annoying when we have noticed it, but clearly you did not notice it before)

 

EG can argue that the boots were discounted before they were labelled incorrectly + the tongue. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy