or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1674

post #25096 of 28917


Today
post #25097 of 28917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post



Today

Awesome, these are next on my hit list. I'm trying to decide whether to go with R1 or single leather soles. What's your take, Cleav?
post #25098 of 28917
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoTheKillerPimp View Post

Awesome, these are next on my hit list. I'm trying to decide whether to go with R1 or single leather soles. What's your take, Cleav?

Single leather for me Guido, single leather nod[1].gif

Say no to Drugs R1 mwink[1].gif
post #25099 of 28917




So I asked about 72 last fit little bit ago. After buying the Kentmere black, here are some thoughts: like a giant 82 with lots of room for wool/thick socks. The E fits like an F and these boots are not designed for thin socks. I have worn them through the sun and sands of Miami beach, the freezing cold of Chicago, the rain in Amsterdam, the rough streets of Paris, and the snow in Moscow. Feet stayed completely dry, and warm with the right socks. A little of the heavy side and works best with jeans imo. Not a formal boot by any means. Curvier than the 202 and 64. The leather is soft out of box and can take a beating yet polish out any scuffs (can't polish to a mirror easily). I actually think these will look better all beat up. Not sure how the 72 will work as a shoe unless you like thicker socks with low cut shoes. Hope this helps any decision making. For a comfortable go anywhere causal "edgy" boot, don't think you can beat this. Oh, and plenty of adjustability with laces, eyelets, speed hooks, and buckles. But getting everything set takes some additional time.
post #25100 of 28917
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Mto?

 

Mine? Nope! I actually got them for $750 and no tax from a local retailer. (Got the Piccadillys for $900 or so). Would have to check my receipt. Had to pull the trigger... significant savings. 


Edited by wigglr - 1/31/16 at 11:21am
post #25101 of 28917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Single leather for me Guido, single leather nod[1].gif

Say no to Drugs R1 mwink[1].gif

So you love rubber soles? wink.gif
post #25102 of 28917
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGuy View Post





So I asked about 72 last fit little bit ago. After buying the Kentmere black, here are some thoughts: like a giant 82 with lots of room for wool/thick socks. The E fits like an F and these boots are not designed for thin socks. I have worn them through the sun and sands of Miami beach, the freezing cold of Chicago, the rain in Amsterdam, the rough streets of Paris, and the snow in Moscow. Feet stayed completely dry, and warm with the right socks. A little of the heavy side and works best with jeans imo. Not a formal boot by any means. Curvier than the 202 and 64. The leather is soft out of box and can take a beating yet polish out any scuffs (can't polish to a mirror easily). I actually think these will look better all beat up. Not sure how the 72 will work as a shoe unless you like thicker socks with low cut shoes. Hope this helps any decision making. For a comfortable go anywhere causal "edgy" boot, don't think you can beat this. Oh, and plenty of adjustability with laces, eyelets, speed hooks, and buckles. But getting everything set takes some additional time.


Thanks for the review - sound like the exact thing that I am looking for

post #25103 of 28917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Fabulous ^ nod[1].gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewStart View Post

@lartiste beautiful !

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelguy View Post


very nice

 

Many thanks guys.

 

Only pity is that when I purchased them, it was -15 C here and within a week, when delivered + 10 C ...

post #25104 of 28917
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhan12 View Post

So you love rubber soles? wink.gif

Erm, no. mwink[1].gif

I do have dainite (3 or 4?) and one pair on topy. All else is single or double leather
post #25105 of 28917
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGuy View Post

Oh, and plenty of adjustability with laces, eyelets, speed hooks, and buckles. But getting everything set takes some additional time.


I was wondering about how difficult and or time consuming (or not) they would be to buckle up with the buckles located where they are.

Thanks for the review.

Great looking boots, wear them well! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #25106 of 28917
Happy to help everyone. The buckles become easier in time once they break in and you find the sweet spots. You can go a few ways: lace up + speed hooks (i haven't laced top two hooks) and no buckles BUT the strap will flop around if not covered by pants, lace + hooks + one buckle (find myself doing this the most), lace + hooks + two buckles (when I know I will be in them for some time), lace wrap around + one or two buckles (no hooks but looks a little messy and some weird leather gaps around the ankle).

My personal Taste was for black or blue but if brown is your thing, more power to ya. The blue is a bluish black and could fit nicely for someone too. Oh, The brown has gold hardware but I think somewhere had brown /silver hardware
post #25107 of 28917




post #25108 of 28917
Excellent FlyGuy nod[1].gif
post #25109 of 28917
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

Mine? Nope! I actually got them for $750 and no tax from a local retailer. (Got the Piccadillys for $875). Had to pull the trigger... significant savings. 

Feel free to pm me the info smile.gif
post #25110 of 28917
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Feel free to pm me the info smile.gif

+1

Share the info!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy