or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1664

post #24946 of 28910
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post
 


Love my chestnut utah Dovers, but the gold utah that @RogerP posted looked great... might try to darken my chestnut utah Galways a tad

 

Based on photos I had seen I was planning on darkening my Utah Galways to make them more of a rich gold and less tan / orange.  But when I got them, a rich gold is what they already were so I left them alone.


And tifosi is right - mine are Chestnut as well - just not as light as some I have seen posted.

post #24947 of 28910
@RogerP any pics wearing the chelsea boots?
post #24948 of 28910
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
 

There is only one color light Utah. Chestnut and Gold are one in the same.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
 

 

Based on photos I had seen I was planning on darkening my Utah Galways to make them more of a rich gold and less tan / orange.  But when I got them, a rich gold is what they already were so I left them alone.


And tifosi is right - mine are Chestnut as well - just not as light as some I have seen posted.

 

Good to know, must just be color variation then.  I might darken them a tad so it's less tan/orange as well.  Your shade is damn near perfect

post #24949 of 28910
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

@RogerP any pics wearing the chelsea boots?

unsubscribing in 3, 2, 1 lol
post #24950 of 28910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

unsubscribing in 3, 2, 1 lol

But But but they are so pretty!!!!
post #24951 of 28910
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

But But but they are so pretty!!!!

that's exactly the reason!
post #24952 of 28910
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

@RogerP any pics wearing the chelsea boots?

 

Not of the EG - I have pics of the G&G.

 

I'm actually on the fence about keeping the EG pair because they are uncomfortably snug over my high instep - the main reason I generally avoid Chelsea boots.  It may be that they will break in over time, or that a light stretching might improve the situation, but I need to decide whether I'm keeping them before I wear them outside or have them stretched.  I am leaning towards keeping them because they are freaking gorgeous.  But just sitting at my desk at home wearing them on carpet they start to hurt after an hour.

post #24953 of 28910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

that's exactly the reason!

LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Not of the EG - I have pics of the G&G.

I'm actually on the fence about keeping the EG pair because they are uncomfortably snug over my high instep - the main reason I generally avoid Chelsea boots.  It may be that they will break in over time, or that a light stretching might improve the situation, but I need to decide whether I'm keeping them before I wear them outside or have them stretched.  I am leaning towards keeping them because they are freaking gorgeous.  But just sitting at my desk at home wearing them on carpet they start to hurt after an hour.

Thats why I hate Chelsea boots, if they dont fit well theres absolutely nothing you can do to help make them fit better. I had a pair from Carmina and had too much heel slippage and it never got better. I need roomy shoes but you cant wear a Chelsea/Jodphur loose, has to be as close as possible.

I just keep looking at them though and thinking how gorgeous your boots are though!
post #24954 of 28910
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post


LOL
Thats why I hate Chelsea boots, if they dont fit well theres absolutely nothing you can do to help make them fit better. I had a pair from Carmina and had too much heel slippage and it never got better. I need roomy shoes but you cant wear a Chelsea/Jodphur loose, has to be as close as possible.

I just keep looking at them though and thinking how gorgeous your boots are though!

 

Cheers.  Yes, it's pretty unforgiving in terms of fit.  And as you mention, that's a result of the fact that the fit has to be close to work at all - and isn't adjustable at all.  I got lucky with my G&G Burnhams and my Cleveleys - snug but not uncomfortable.  I might not be so lucky with this pair.

post #24955 of 28910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post
 

Thanks everyone. Yes @Zapasman, mostly dark brown and black cream. Mahogany and medium brown at times. At one point I had too much black, but some medium brown wax helped cut it back and blend it in. 


Beautiful look to those Cardiffs. I'll have to experiment a little bit with mine.

 

My new shoes, out for their first spin today:

 

post #24956 of 28910
Very nice @Andy57, distinguished if you don't mind me saying. Very distinguished nod[1].gif
post #24957 of 28910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Very nice @Andy57, distinguished if you don't mind me saying. Very distinguished nod[1].gif


Thank you, @Cleav, I don't mind at all!

post #24958 of 28910
Andy how do you like the fitting? They look much better on a foot then in product images!


Edited by justinkapur - 1/25/16 at 5:53pm
post #24959 of 28910
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

Andy how do you like the fitting? They look much better on a foot then in product images!

 

First day out was fine. They are maybe a little longer than I'd really like, but I think a half size down would be borderline uncomfortable. Leffot's salesperson advised me to take my 202 size for the 890 and I think that was good advice.

 

They are roomier in the toe box and across the metatarsals than the 82 last shoes, but were not slipping on my feet. So, overall, I'm very happy with them. I mostly didn't think about them and that's pretty much what you'd want, I think.

post #24960 of 28910
The twins just arrived from Skoat today. Chelseas in black & dark oak...






















Edited by justonemore - 1/26/16 at 2:44am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy