or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1649

post #24721 of 28989
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

FedEx you will definitely get hit with duties and taxes and brokerage fees. These days with Canada Post, you will probably get hit with duties and taxes, but at least you have a chance of it coming through clean.

 

Kind of what I figured, I think Canada Post is a flat rate of $10 brokerage. The duty on the Galways I am eyeing would probably be about $250 and the local tax another $70. Still would be decent discount compared to leatherfoot if they decided to make a grain Galway. 

 

Now to decide if the 64 is really what I want or if I would prefer a grain Galway on 82 for added versatility...

post #24722 of 28989

I now factor in duties and taxes whenever I buy.  My last three purchases (not from Skoak) via Canada Post have been hit.  It's actually cheaper for me to fly to NYC to pick up my goods. :wow:

post #24723 of 28989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Dreadmon View Post
 

I now factor in duties and taxes whenever I buy.  My last three purchases (not from Skoak) via Canada Post have been hit.  It's actually cheaper for me to fly to NYC to pick up my goods. :wow:

 

Yeah, I have noticed less and less slipping through.

post #24724 of 28989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

Now to decide if the 64 is really what I want or if I would prefer a grain Galway on 82 for added versatility...

 

With the discounted price, you are still ahead of the game on price importing the Skoak pair.  I take it you meant $170 in local tax?

 

I have Galways on both lasts and I will say the look is very different in person.  I love my Zugs on the 64, but it is defiitely a much more casual-looking boot than my 82-last pairs. 

 

Then again, you can't get Veldtshoen construction on any last but the 64.

post #24725 of 28989
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
 

 

With the discounted price, you are still ahead of the game on price importing the Skoak pair.

 

I have Galways on both lasts and I will say the look is very different in person.  I love my Zugs on the 64, but it is defiitely a much more casual-looking boot than my 82-last pairs. 

 

This is my debate, I almost think the 82 Rosewood CC would get more wear overall compared to the 64 last version as I could dress it up a bit.

 

post #24726 of 28989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

This is my debate, I almost think the 82 Rosewood CC would get more wear overall compared to the 64 last version as I could dress it up a bit.

 

 

In CC they are closer in formality than if you were comparing, say, a smooth calf and suede Galway on the 82.

post #24727 of 28989

Another factor - brand new Galways at this price don't come along every day.  And with our dollar in free-fall.....

post #24728 of 28989
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Another factor - brand new Galways at this price don't come along every day.  And with our dollar in free-fall.....
Are you referencing Leatherfoot or Skoak price?
post #24729 of 28989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post


Are you referencing Leatherfoot or Skoak price?

 

The Skoak price.

post #24730 of 28989
Yea international pricing is crazy good I would get both if I was in your shoes.
post #24731 of 28989

Let's not discuss international pricing too much, or EG will make all retailers develop web stores for every major currency.   

post #24732 of 28989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Any Canadians order from Skoak? Am I likely to get nailed with a ton of duty and tax charges if I grab something? Prices look good but those additional charges could kill the sale pricing.

Looks like you can ship with Canada post, possibly a better option than fedex?

I've never escaped taxes but the last pair I ordered from Skoak I was only hit with gst and pst.
post #24733 of 28989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical View Post

I've never escaped taxes but the last pair I ordered from Skoak I was only hit with gst and pst.

Well I won't hold my breath on the duty and will plan to have it be charged but that is nice to hear
Edited by Burzan - 1/19/16 at 3:20am
post #24734 of 28989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Kind of what I figured, I think Canada Post is a flat rate of $10 brokerage. The duty on the Galways I am eyeing would probably be about $250 and the local tax another $70. Still would be decent discount compared to leatherfoot if they decided to make a grain Galway. 

Now to decide if the 64 is really what I want or if I would prefer a grain Galway on 82 for added versatility...

My last purchase of EG Galways through Skoak got hit the full 30% duty then the 5% gst and 8% pst on that total. So, about $500... That was with Canada Post. Luck of the draw...
post #24735 of 28989
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypants View Post


My last purchase of EG Galways through Skoak got hit the full 30% duty then the 5% gst and 8% pst on that total. So, about $500... That was with Canada Post. Luck of the draw...

 

Jeez, I know USPS is bleeding money, can't help but point to how lazy they are with customs. As much as I want them to get it together, I enjoy their unofficial customs policy :D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy