or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1645

post #24661 of 29624

Leffot sale is on. Some fantastic shoes - save me from breaking my wallet, including the Shanklin, Beaulieu, and Laughton.

 

http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/sale/shoes/edward-green.html

post #24662 of 29624
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

That sounds really nice. Trying to think if I've seen the ebony in the flesh, yet. Looking forward to some outdoor pics (if you're into that sort of thing, haha)

Took a few quickies in better light, not outside though as it is still raining here. These photo's do show accurately how they look in daylight.

A group pic for comparison:

Westminster: DOAK Calf from 2014
Dover: DOAK Calf from 2015
Galways: Bronze Calf
Westbourne: Ebony Delapre




Edited by michaelvl - 1/15/16 at 4:21am
post #24663 of 29624




Casual Friday, derbies with a suit
Edited by coldinboston - 1/15/16 at 6:27am
post #24664 of 29624
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOwen View Post

Leffot sale is on. Some fantastic shoes - save me from breaking my wallet, including the Shanklin, Beaulieu, and Laughton.

http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/sale/shoes/edward-green.html
Great deals! Beaulieu Slightly too small...😞
post #24665 of 29624
I'm down with that ^^
post #24666 of 29624
I was hoping if someone could advise me on the sizing.

I am ordering a pair of Galway on the 202. I tried a size 8/8.5 E202 and it fit well length-wise but was a bit tight around my forefoot. Then i tried a 8.5/9 E 202 and it worked well width-wise but it was a slightly too long. I experienced some heel slippage with dress socks.
I am curious to learn how the 202 last changes with an increase in width. I understand that for most shoe companies, width is not a flat measurement but rather a measurement of the circumference. And that is where I experience problems as my feet are wide but without much volume. So when I go up in width to accomodate my forefoot, my feet are usually swimming because of the extra depth. I hope I am making sense.

Anyhow, for the sake of simplicity, is the 202 in size 8/8.5 F similar in terms of width to 8.5/9 E?
post #24667 of 29624
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasfunke19 View Post

I was hoping if someone could advise me on the sizing.

I am ordering a pair of Galway on the 202. I tried a size 8/8.5 E202 and it fit well length-wise but was a bit tight around my forefoot. Then i tried a 8.5/9 E 202 and it worked well width-wise but it was a slightly too long. I experienced some heel slippage with dress socks.
I am curious to learn how the 202 last changes with an increase in width. I understand that for most shoe companies, width is not a flat measurement but rather a measurement of the circumference. And that is where I experience problems as my feet are wide but without much volume. So when I go up in width to accomodate my forefoot, my feet are usually swimming because of the extra depth. I hope I am making sense.

Anyhow, for the sake of simplicity, is the 202 in size 8/8.5 F similar in terms of width to 8.5/9 E?

So i went throught the same thing before with the 202.
When you size down and go up in width from E to F the shoe with the F width is still wider and has more volume than the E width shoe. I.e. a 9.0F 202 last shoe is wider and has more colume than a 9.5E width 202 last. I found that going to an F in the 202 last was fairly drastic. I would try them on and not do it blind.
post #24668 of 29624
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post

So i went throught the same thing before with the 202.
When you size down and go up in width from E to F the shoe with the F width is still wider and has more volume than the E width shoe. I.e. a 9.0F 202 last shoe is wider and has more colume than a 9.5E width 202 last. I found that going to an F in the 202 last was fairly drastic. I would try them on and not do it blind.

Thanks for the swift response. I have already contacted my local retailer with the info you provided and proceed from there.

Thank you so much.
post #24669 of 29624
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasfunke19 View Post

Thanks for the swift response. I have already contacted my local retailer with the info you provided and proceed from there.

Thank you so much.

Also I am not sure how tight it is for you, but all the EG is have bought have been snug at the forefoot but have loosened up nicely after a few wears and are the most comfortable shoes i own.
post #24670 of 29624

@michaelvl - those are real beauties - congrats!

post #24671 of 29624

EG new Albion balmoral and Soho Chelsea boot. Both on 915 last.

What do you think?

https://instagram.com/p/BAkFDwUCazk/
post #24672 of 29624
Both look excellent to me. I like the appearance of the open laces on the Albion; I would probably favor this over the Shannon.

It would be great to get more shots of the wholecut Soho Chelsea. Thanks for sharing.
post #24673 of 29624
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

@michaelvl
- those are real beauties - congrats!

Thanks for the compliment Roger!
smile.gif
post #24674 of 29624
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasfunke19 View Post

I was hoping if someone could advise me on the sizing.

I am ordering a pair of Galway on the 202. I tried a size 8/8.5 E202 and it fit well length-wise but was a bit tight around my forefoot. Then i tried a 8.5/9 E 202 and it worked well width-wise but it was a slightly too long. I experienced some heel slippage with dress socks.
I am curious to learn how the 202 last changes with an increase in width. I understand that for most shoe companies, width is not a flat measurement but rather a measurement of the circumference. And that is where I experience problems as my feet are wide but without much volume. So when I go up in width to accomodate my forefoot, my feet are usually swimming because of the extra depth. I hope I am making sense.

Anyhow, for the sake of simplicity, is the 202 in size 8/8.5 F similar in terms of width to 8.5/9 E?
I had sort of the same problem, much of which had to do with the instep. I did end up going with an F fitting, but that was never great for me. 88 worked better, and 32 and 33 (both E) better still. A little while ago, I tried the 82 E and that was also very good-- lots of room across the ball of the foot and adequate space for instep, but an elegant waist and no slipping around. I haven't bought a pair yet, so that is only a preliminary impression. But in any case, the 202 may just not be for you, as it appears not to be for me at the moment.
post #24675 of 29624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post

I had sort of the same problem, much of which had to do with the instep. I did end up going with an F fitting, but that was never great for me. 88 worked better, and 32 and 33 (both E) better still. A little while ago, I tried the 82 E and that was also very good-- lots of room across the ball of the foot and adequate space for instep, but an elegant waist and no slipping around. I haven't bought a pair yet, so that is only a preliminary impression. But in any case, the 202 may just not be for you, as it appears not to be for me at the moment.

If instep is the major issuee andyou want the 202 and you are going the MTO route then you can also get an instep fitting to increase instep. They can do 1/16, 1/8, or 3/16 extra if you want. That also an option as an MTO. I do get some extra instep on my MTOs oxfords to get laces to close mostly all the way
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy