Neither I believe. The batches they have recently sourced simply are not the same as before and have lost the character of a old Doak shade and got that look of a regular dark brown shoes, IMO.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Buying and Selling
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 12/4/16 at 10:35am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1633post #24481 of 289541/7/16 at 5:25pmpost #24482 of 289541/7/16 at 5:26pmpost #24483 of 289541/7/16 at 5:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Select EGs are up to 50% off at Man of the World. Unfortunately, the website does not indicate the width, last, or whether the shoes are UK or US size. I suppose you can call if you're interested in any of the models.Quote:
I just sent them an email asking if the stamped size on the shoe is the same size on the drop down. Will report back with an answer.
Problem is a 9.5 for some people is a 10.5US when it really is a 10US.
Definitely need claritypost #24484 of 289541/7/16 at 6:02pmpost #24485 of 289541/7/16 at 6:20pmQuote:I personally just use sapphire neutral cream & then apply neutral wax on toe box area works well & once in a blue moon use bick 4 if I feel shoes or boot need some conditioning. That's just me & spray the suede area with sapphire suede spray once.Originally Posted by parkman24
Thanks for your input @TtownMD
! Mind elaborating a bit more about your process? Do you first use the Bick 4 / cream / wax and then apply the suede protector or vice-versa? My biggest concern is the suede protector stray damaging the leather/finish of the dark oak.post #24486 of 289541/7/16 at 6:44pmpost #24487 of 289541/7/16 at 6:53pmQuote:
OK, thanks. I too prefer the lighter dark oak.
Edited by Moss - 1/7/16 at 7:16pmpost #24488 of 289541/8/16 at 1:20amQuote:Originally Posted by parkman24
In regards to shoe care, would any of you fellow owners be able to provide some guidance and advice? Will suede protector spray affect the leather portion of the shoe? Should I put some Bick4 on these shoes before wear + the suede protector? So many questions!
As always, any input is genuinely appreciated.
Congrats, nice boots!! Give them extensive use and do not forget to brush them. Use shoe trees and once a year or so, a bit of of conditioner/wax. Just brush the suede shaft. No need to worry much.post #24489 of 289541/8/16 at 6:48ampost #24490 of 289541/8/16 at 6:51amQuote:
It did take way too long! Thank goodness for my new boot wearin' Friday idea!
They look amazing, man. Love the shade of green.post #24491 of 289541/8/16 at 6:59ampost #24492 of 289541/8/16 at 7:27ampost #24493 of 289541/8/16 at 7:35ampost #24494 of 289541/8/16 at 7:39ampost #24495 of 289541/8/16 at 7:47am
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 16 seconds ago
- › The SW&D Music Appreciation Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Size 12 - 13 UK Black Cap Toes 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › FLASH SALE, SHOES MEGATHREAD - 5 days only! EG, LOBB, CLEVERLY -... 8 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 8 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 8 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...