or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1587

post #23791 of 28933
Quote:
Originally Posted by justonemore View Post

Thanks for the fair & honest response. I thought that for a few pair it might be an advantage but if it's as you say I think I'll just stay at home and save the money for return shipping
.lol...or are you just trying to keep the best deals for yourself? Lol

In January this year I think it was 50% off + VAT off so pretty solid pricing especially with currency off. I'm not sure timeframe on discount at higher rate though.

Most other shoe stores seemed to have some sort of sale as well though I didn't really have much time to browse.
post #23792 of 28933
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosicPa View Post

Excellent pick-up Ttownmd. nod[1].gif
Thank you !!
post #23793 of 28933
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post




It's rainy & crappy outside took better shots outside !!!


:nodding: Gorgeous. 

 

How do you like 890 last comparing with 888 last?

post #23794 of 28933
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin8451 View Post

nod%5B1%5D.gif Gorgeous. 

How do you like 890 last comparing with 888 last?

Beautifult shoes.

My 888 feels a bit shorter and a bit more snug in the toe box. The 890 feels a bit longer and more roomy. I like both equally.
post #23795 of 28933
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin8451 View Post

nod%5B1%5D.gif Gorgeous. 

How do you like 890 last comparing with 888 last?
Honestly I love 890, last & this is my third pair on this last. I have no 888 last to compare to but If I have to take a guess I would say it fit like G&G tg73 aka tight on toe box. Regardless I do like them & will pick EG DM in future or some thing else on 888 last. And thank you biggrin.gif
post #23796 of 28933
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Honestly I love 890, last & this is my third pair on this last. I have no 888 last to compare to but If I have to take a guess I would say it fit like G&G tg73 aka tight on toe box. Regardless I do like them & will pick EG DM in future or some thing else on 888 last. And thank you biggrin.gif

I am thinking about Westminster burgundy in 890. But I have Westminster in 888. So can't really decide if I should take the plunge.
post #23797 of 28933
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin8451 View Post

I am thinking about Westminster burgundy in 890. But I have Westminster in 888. So can't really decide if I should take the plunge.
If that's the case I would recommend going for DM on 890 last hands down. Just my two cent also what store are you picking up your DM from?
post #23798 of 28933
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

If that's the case I would recommend going for DM on 890 last hands down. Just my two cent also what store are you picking up your DM from?

Probably from EG's online store. Leffot doesn't carry my size and neither GF nor Skoaktiebolaget carries the model. I emailed Gabriel at Skoaktiebolaget a week ago or so asking whether they would stock any Westminster 890. Answer is negative.

So, EG's online store then.
post #23799 of 28933
I recently saw Leffot's Nevis; however, I'm not a big fan of green.

Anyone else carries the Nevis? I don't see it at the EG website.
post #23800 of 28933
I realize my opinion may be unpopular *for me* the 890 is an abomination and isn't an English last. I think it lends itself to being more French or italian.

Perhaps the slow decent of EG into Lobb territory.

I can see why people like the last I just don't believe in belongs in an EG catalog.
post #23801 of 28933
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

I realize my opinion may be unpopular *for me* the 890 is an abomination and isn't an English last. I think it lends itself to being more French or italian.

Perhaps the slow decent of EG into Lobb territory.

I can see why people like the last I just don't believe in belongs in an EG catalog.

I wasn't really a fan when I initially saw it either, however I really haven't paid much attention to it since. 

post #23802 of 28933
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitedDx View Post

I recently saw Leffot's Nevis; however, I'm not a big fan of green.

Anyone else carries the Nevis? I don't see it at the EG website.

I cant remember many ever carrying this boot, but then again I've only been following EG for a couple of years now. But its probably because the Galway and Shannon happen to be so much more popular. But then again I maybe biased, since I like the G&G Thorpe just a little bit more. Maybe it was also because the Thorpe was a bit of change of pace for me as well.

post #23803 of 28933
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

I realize my opinion may be unpopular *for me* the 890 is an abomination and isn't an English last. I think it lends itself to being more French or italian.

Perhaps the slow decent of EG into Lobb territory.

I can see why people like the last I just don't believe in belongs in an EG catalog.
Chiseled toes have always had their place in British footwear. Think Tuczek, Cleverley, G&G. This toe-shape is not as un-British as many believe it to be.
post #23804 of 28933
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

I realize my opinion may be unpopular *for me* the 890 is an abomination and isn't an English last. I think it lends itself to being more French or italian.

Perhaps the slow decent of EG into Lobb territory.

I can see why people like the last I just don't believe in belongs in an EG catalog.

I would not go as far as saying the 890 is not an English last. Perhaps it is less traditional in the opinion of some like you, but the history of this kind of shape is well-established, particularly in the realm of English bespoke shoes.

Firms like Edward Green can comb their catalogues for shoes with unusual, dated, and even questionable aesthetic value. I would not judge them too harshly for coming out with new (or old) styles or experimenting with newer lasts. There was a time where EG would refuse to make shoes in certain styles, colors, and lasts. Be thankful for their liberalization and flexibility. It benefits many of us in the end, and you do not have to order what you find unappealing.

I do not find the 890 last the mark of EG's descent. Although I am not fond of the 890 last.
post #23805 of 28933
I for one like that it's G&G esque, but in the more subdued style that EG goes for. They fly under the radar!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy