or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1582

post #23716 of 28910
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
 

Yeah, Shearling really isn't for me either and I did see where some of the sizes where missing but I figured it was worth a shot. The boot your looking for does appear from time to time as a stocked item however. I know Barney's had it one year as long as your looking for it on the 64 Last. So maybe if your patient it might appear or you may have to go MTO if your not that patient and you want it bad enough.

Thanks.  I don't think I mind the 64 last. Definitely not going the MTO route for anything EG. And I'm still even on the fence about buying a Galway RTW (full price anyways). That's probably the only model I'd consider buying at full price now.

post #23717 of 28910
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalevy View Post
 

Thanks.  I don't think I mind the 64 last. Definitely not going the MTO route for anything EG. And I'm still even on the fence about buying a Galway RTW (full price anyways). That's probably the only model I'd consider buying at full price now.

Have you considered the Rosewood CC model available from Westley Richards?

post #23718 of 28910
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalevy View Post
 

Thanks.  I don't think I mind the 64 last. Definitely not going the MTO route for anything EG. And I'm still even on the fence about buying a Galway RTW (full price anyways). That's probably the only model I'd consider buying at full price now.


As @tifosi recommended the Wesley Richard Rosewood CC would be an excellent alternative. Normally I would think if a retailer were going to stock the Mahogany CC version this year it would be out already. However considering the delays EG has been having who knows. Really at this point its a bit hard to say for sure.

post #23719 of 28910

thanks @tifosi @dddrees.  I'm considering it.  Not sure how I feel about rosewood anymore. Mahogany seems more versatile, although I'd probably wear the two colors interchangeably on a boot like this.  

post #23720 of 28910
I miss my Rosewood Galways. That's all.
post #23721 of 28910

^ Big mistake. HUGE mistake. 

post #23722 of 28910
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalevy View Post
 

thanks @tifosi @dddrees.  I'm considering it.  Not sure how I feel about rosewood anymore. Mahogany seems more versatile, although I'd probably wear the two colors interchangeably on a boot like this.  

I disagree on versatility. I have the Rosewood Galway and a Mahogany CC Dover. The colors are equally versatile. YMMV

post #23723 of 28910
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalevy View Post

^ Big mistake. HUGE mistake. 

I'm looking at Almond CC Galway on 82 last as consolation prize.
post #23724 of 28910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post


I'm looking at Almond CC Galway on 82 last as consolation prize.

As an MTO?

post #23725 of 28910
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalevy View Post

As an MTO?

yes sir
post #23726 of 28910
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
 

I disagree on versatility. I have the Rosewood Galway and a Mahogany CC Dover. The colors are equally versatile. YMMV

Noted.  I may just prefer more brown.  But I'll think on it and see how the pocketbook is after the holiday.

post #23727 of 28910
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalevy View Post
 

Noted.  I may just prefer more brown.  

That is understandable.

post #23728 of 28910
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalevy View Post
 

Noted.  I may just prefer more brown.  But I'll think on it and see how the pocketbook is after the holiday.


^Agreed

 

 

Especially considering the Wesley Richards tends to be available a great majority of the time. No guarantees, but still if my preference is something else then the heart wants what the heart wants. I hate to settle.

post #23729 of 28910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

I miss my Rosewood Galways. That's all.
Did you sell those lovely boots?
post #23730 of 28910
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


^Agreed


Especially considering the Wesley Richards tends to be available a great majority of the time. No guarantees, but still if my preference is something else then the heart wants what the heart wants. I hate to settle.

Truer words were never spoken.

Get %100 of what you want not %90 of what you want for %50 off. Just my .02
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy