or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1575

post #23611 of 28900
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post

Let just hope so I am in same boat as you.

I am going to post on the Oak Room page.
post #23612 of 28900
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbhan12 View Post

A week of no response? Maybe it's because of my age, but I personally believe these days anything longer than 12 hours to respond to a business email is unacceptable. Short of a life-altering event happening, I think anything longer than that is simply ignoring.

Maybe I'm just young and difficult though... wink.gif
I would disappoint.... I usually follow the 24 hour standard. smile.gif

I also ordered a couple of stuff (Shanklin and Cheaney Veldt) but I actually didn't email to follow-up so I haven't experienced any of these delays. I've done business in the past with Robin and he was very reliable.

Hope everyone is happy in the end. I know Nick Anderson is also swamped with orders which has caused delays but he too is true to his word.
post #23613 of 28900
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitedDx View Post

I would disappoint.... I usually follow the 24 hour standard. smile.gif

I also ordered a couple of stuff (Shanklin and Cheaney Veldt) but I actually didn't email to follow-up so I haven't experienced any of these delays. I've done business in the past with Robin and he was very reliable.

Hope everyone is happy in the end. I know Nick Anderson is also swamped with orders which has caused delays but he too is true to his word.
Good to know about this biggrin.gif
post #23614 of 28900
Quote:
Originally Posted by member2000r View Post

How does a delapre leather feel? Is it a thick delicate leather which needs to take a lot of care or like a French version of chromexcel?

Thanks for your advice.

It is a thicker, softer leather. I've only had my pair a short time, so I can't speak to how it wears or if it is delicate, but I really love it on my Cardiffs. Definitely a casual leather--the shine isn't as glossy as calf.
post #23615 of 28900
Delapre ages well, and it is supple. It is not prone to the same small wrinkles as crust leather, which is probably related to being a type of stuffed leather. I have other older leather goods made out of this material, and it's very good in my opinion. Although it looks good on some shoe styles, I have not acquired any.
post #23616 of 28900
I'm loving the Litchfield on the 890 last. Finer broguing, with medallion toe:

http://www.edwardgreen.com/shop/lichfield-5040.html
post #23617 of 28900
Wondered if someone might find these interesting from our vista to EG the other day...



post #23618 of 28900





I am total convert for EG Galway & Boot's icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Shannon bal boot 82 last love them from GF !!!
post #23619 of 28900

So sweet!

post #23620 of 28900
Has anyone noticed how many new models EG have made using the Ridgeway sole, I think that is wonderful and a very good move EG, well done!

Lovely boots TtownMD, congratulations.
post #23621 of 28900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post

Has anyone noticed how many new models EG have made using the Ridgeway sole, I think that is wonderful and a very good move EG, well done!

Lovely boots TtownMD, congratulations.

I loved the rosewood cc cardiff I saw on the ridgeway.
post #23622 of 28900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad19620 View Post

Has anyone noticed how many new models EG have made using the Ridgeway sole, I think that is wonderful and a very good move EG, well done!

Lovely boots TtownMD, congratulations.
Thank you sir !!
post #23623 of 28900
Thanks @Cleav apparently, this time round there seem to be not many good things left in the factory shop.

For some reason, I believe that i saw the same lady (in the picture) when i last visited the shop biggrin.gif
post #23624 of 28900
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewStart View Post

Thanks @Cleav apparently, this time round there seem to be not many good things left in the factory shop.

For some reason, I believe that i saw the same lady (in the picture) when i last visited the shop biggrin.gif

Nothing for me but Murl got lucky with Utah Galways!
post #23625 of 28900
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitedDx View Post

I would disappoint.... I usually follow the 24 hour standard. smile.gif

I also ordered a couple of stuff (Shanklin and Cheaney Veldt) but I actually didn't email to follow-up so I haven't experienced any of these delays. I've done business in the past with Robin and he was very reliable.

Hope everyone is happy in the end. I know Nick Anderson is also swamped with orders which has caused delays but he too is true to his word.

I just heard from Oak Room (Robin was away on a business trip last week) that my Ventnors shipped last week so hopefully everyone will be hearing likewise.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy