or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1541

post #23101 of 28896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keen View Post

Not sure about the practicality of this, but damn!!


https://instagram.com/p/-CTzTPiaze/


I think they look pretty nice.

post #23102 of 28896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks11 View Post
 

My pair of Beaulieu's in burgundy antique on the 82 last. Austerity wingtips are the way forward.

 

 

 

The colour varies considerably depending on the light,which gives the shoe a whole new dimension.

 

Are these austerities? I thought austerities had only stitching? These clearly have a piece of leather, as evidenced by the zig zag cut, and the small piece protruding at the V...
post #23103 of 28896

Some of my 1990`s EG`s - a bit too small now, and decided to list these. Enjoy

 

 

 

post #23104 of 28896
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


I think they look pretty nice.

You could use another pair of boots, dd.
post #23105 of 28896
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcam8 View Post

You could use another pair of boots, dd.

Well I did just order the Oak Kudu Thorpes, do those count? LOL
post #23106 of 28896
So close to pulling the trigger on some Galways from Axels but I wanted to check with you fine gents and make sure if anyone knows if they have holiday sales on stuff like that each year and if I should wait. Sizes are running out... Any advice would be appreciated.
post #23107 of 28896
My EGs - 5 pairs in 5 different lasts


Left to right
Galway Dark oak/Walnut CC in 82F
Shanklin Tobacco suede in 202E
Westminster Black in 888E
Dover Heather Gorse in 606F
Belgravia Chestnut in 184E

Plus
EG briefcase in Midnight blue
post #23108 of 28896
Very nice
post #23109 of 28896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaconne View Post

So close to pulling the trigger on some Galways from Axels but I wanted to check with you fine gents and make sure if anyone knows if they have holiday sales on stuff like that each year and if I should wait. Sizes are running out... Any advice would be appreciated.

I can't ever remember seeing any sales. But typically EG sales only occur with odd stock anyway. Very hard to determine which sizes will be left on odd stock. Besides Axels typical restock their Galways in the same exact configurations for the most part which means they won't have any odd stock when it comes to their Galways.
post #23110 of 28896
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmw View Post

My EGs - 5 pairs in 5 different lasts


Left to right
Galway Dark oak/Walnut CC in 82F
Shanklin Tobacco suede in 202E
Westminster Black in 888E
Dover Heather Gorse in 606F
Belgravia Chestnut in 184E

Plus
EG briefcase in Midnight blue

Very nice!!
post #23111 of 28896
Thanks! Your expertise will be essential for my decision.
@]dddrees[/@]
post #23112 of 28896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaconne View Post

Thanks! Your expertise will be essential for my decision.
@]dddrees[/@]

You also realize they typical sell their EG shoes and boots in the more narrow EG D width instead of the standard EG E width.
post #23113 of 28896
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

You also realize they typical sell their EG shoes and boots in the more narrow EG D width instead of the standard EG E width.
Didn't notice that. Do they have a good return policy? My feet are pretty narrow by just in case...
post #23114 of 28896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaconne View Post


Didn't notice that. Do they have a good return policy? My feet are pretty narrow by just in case...


That's what I thought and to be honest most don't, however with a narrow foot there's a good chance depending how narrow that's this might work out for you. Basically the Standard width for Edward Green is the E width. This width equates fairly closely to the regular US D width. The Edward Green D width that Axels sells is their narrower width and although this works for some it is a bit narrower than a US D width shoe. Most other retailers but not all stock and sell the Edward Green E width.

 

One of the reasons I don't purchase more from Axels is because I'm a person with a US D width and my fear of course would be that some of their shoes would be to narrow. Do keep in mind that if you purchase a Galway from them and this works for you that boots can tend to be a bit roomier than shoes on the same Last so there are no guarantees a shoe on the same Last will work for you.

 

Bottom line however is that I do not know what there return policy is and I was unable to find anything just now on their website. I would imagine there might be someone here that does and in fact I imagine someone here shops with them fairly regularly. However you could always contact them first hand and see what they say as well. Sorry, but I just have no idea what their return policy is. 

post #23115 of 28896
May I have the sizing on my feet? I never own a pair of Edward Green. However, I own few pair of Alden shell. I am in US7.5 fit E aberdeen last and US7 fit D in barrie last. What size I would be in EG 202, 606 and 888 last?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy