or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1529

post #22921 of 28928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post

Skoak Cardiff with a little wear.


That color And texture should age nicely
post #22922 of 28928
While in Paris a couple weeks ago, I visited the Ed Green store looking for the Hove wingtip monk which they had in nightshade which is a combination of purple, black and burgundy. Unfortunately, they did not have my size and I did not want to order and have to pay for shipping to the US. Even though I like the nightshade, I want to see what other colors are available. I've seen the Hoven at Khaki's of Carmel in the Dark Oak Antique but I already have the Shannon in Doak and would prefer grey or nightshade. Does EG have a leather book or listing of colors for each shoe?

Nightshade


Grey
post #22923 of 28928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

While in Paris a couple weeks ago, I visited the Ed Green store looking for the Hove wingtip monk which they had in nightshade which is a combination of purple, black and burgundy. Unfortunately, they did not have my size and I did not want to order and have to pay for shipping to the US. Even though I like the nightshade, I want to see what other colors are available. I've seen the Hoven at Khaki's of Carmel in the Dark Oak Antique but I already have the Shannon in Doak and would prefer grey or nightshade. Does EG have a leather book or listing of colors for each shoe?

Nightshade


Grey

I own the Hove in Nightshade on the 82. Great shoe. Definitely more purple tones than EG's burgundy antique (a great color in its own right).

You can get it here from a US retailer (but it is EG's D width (slightly narrow), not EG's E width (standard/medium width)):
http://axelsltd.com/collections/shoes/products/hove-in-night-shade
post #22924 of 28928
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

I own the Hove in Nightshade on the 82. Great shoe. Definitely more purple tones than EG's burgundy antique (a great color in its own right).

You can get it here from a US retailer (but it is EG's D width (slightly narrow), not EG's E width (standard/medium width)):
http://axelsltd.com/collections/shoes/products/hove-in-night-shade

@sevenfoldtieguy thanks for the link to Axels. Are you sizing up a 1/2 size cause of the width? Curious because I normally wear an 8UK. I tried an 8.5UK in Paris and it was a touch long in the toe box.
post #22925 of 28928
@Cuttingboard yes half size up or down depends on the width D/E/F
post #22926 of 28928
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

I own the Hove in Nightshade on the 82. Great shoe. Definitely more purple tones than EG's burgundy antique (a great color in its own right).

You can get it here from a US retailer (but it is EG's D width (slightly narrow), not EG's E width (standard/medium width)):
http://axelsltd.com/collections/shoes/products/hove-in-night-shade

Did you own every model of EG shoes?

Text me your address, I'll rob a few pairs.
post #22927 of 28928


Want.
post #22928 of 28928

Ugh, careless eating.  Will have to work on this today...

 

post #22929 of 28928
Falkirk
Nightshade, loving this color but really hard to capture
82

These things are built like a tank

post #22930 of 28928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post

Falkirk
Nightshade, loving this color but really hard to capture
82

These things are built like a tank


nod[1].gif
post #22931 of 28928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

I own the Hove in Nightshade on the 82. Great shoe. Definitely more purple tones than EG's burgundy antique (a great color in its own right).

You can get it here from a US retailer (but it is EG's D width (slightly narrow), not EG's E width (standard/medium width)):
http://axelsltd.com/collections/shoes/products/hove-in-night-shade

@sevenfoldtieguy thanks for the link to Axels. Are you sizing up a 1/2 size cause of the width? Curious because I normally wear an 8UK. I tried an 8.5UK in Paris and it was a touch long in the toe box.

Nope - same size for me.
My foot is on the narrow side so I like it when retailers offer D width.
Axel's online allows refunds for returns if they don't work out.
All of Axels EGs come with EG trees.
post #22932 of 28928
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin8451 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

I own the Hove in Nightshade on the 82. Great shoe. Definitely more purple tones than EG's burgundy antique (a great color in its own right).

You can get it here from a US retailer (but it is EG's D width (slightly narrow), not EG's E width (standard/medium width)):
http://axelsltd.com/collections/shoes/products/hove-in-night-shade

Did you own every model of EG shoes?

Text me your address, I'll rob a few pairs.

I do not, but I do own a decent number. fing02[1].gif
post #22933 of 28928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post

Falkirk
Nightshade, loving this color but really hard to capture
82

These things are built like a tank

post #22934 of 28928
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Nope - same size for me.
My foot is on the narrow side so I like it when retailers offer D width.
Axel's online allows refunds for returns if they don't work out.
All of Axels EGs come with EG trees.

Thanks...unfortunately Axels is out of stock on my size.
post #22935 of 28928
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post
 

Ugh, careless eating.  Will have to work on this today...

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Were you able to get that out?  Also, are those the same make up as the Galways at Mr. Porter? http://www.mrporter.com/mens/edward_green/galway-cap-toe-grained-leather-boots/633040

 

My first thread contribution. Bought used, they are well worn but fit like a glove (leather is just so supple & soft).  They are made for Holland & Holland on F64, and I believe they are almond cc(?)  Looking forward to wearing these all winter :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy