I think the Dovers were ~$1k...they didn't have my size.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on Today at 11:44 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Marketplace
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 3:04 am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 153post #2281 of 213231/31/13 at 8:36am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2282 of 213231/31/13 at 8:38ampost #2283 of 213231/31/13 at 8:39ampost #2284 of 213231/31/13 at 8:41amQuote:Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
get the dovers in dark oak. the peccary grain on the GG is different enough from the dovers in dark oak I think.
It's not that I dislike the TG73, I just think the softer square is better for split-toe bluchers. It's a casual shoe and the TG73 is a little more aggressive of a last.post #2285 of 213231/31/13 at 8:48ampost #2286 of 213231/31/13 at 8:50ampost #2287 of 213231/31/13 at 9:24amQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Hmm...you see chestnut as a boot, I see it as a wingtip. We both agree it's not a Dover! I tend away from boots in straight calf. With the extra expanse of unadorned leather, I prefer something with more surface interest - a grain, suede, or cordovan...which doesn't have a rough finish like the others, but develops waviness over time and also just looks different from the normal calf shoe and is therefore more interesting purely by virtue of its rarity.
I have talked myself into the burnt pine on the Dovers. Done and done.
Hm, I hadn't thought of that. You might be right about boot leather.
Just so you have it, this is probably the most accurate photo I've seen of burnt pine online. On its own, I dont think the color is pleasing, but its appeal is more apparent when you pair it with the right trouser material (navy and mid-grey particularly).
Now with your comment about boot leather, chestnut is back in the running for me.
Hm, or maybe Hazel?
http://www.skyvalet1.com/Edward-Green-120th-Anniversary-Brummell_p_131.htmlpost #2288 of 213231/31/13 at 9:32amQuote:Originally Posted by dieworkwear
Hm, or maybe Hazel?
That's quite good. Quite good. I may turn to that over the pine. I've got my order in, with leather yet to be determined, so I have a day or two to sleep on it. Since I wear mid-grey trousers probably three days out of four, a shoe that is attractive with those and those alone is still quite useful.post #2289 of 213231/31/13 at 9:32am
I was just about to suggest that. Probably my favorite shoe. Antique hazel is a touch lighter and richer/warmer than the burnt pine. I can try and post a side-by-side comparison pic in the next day or two if it would be helpful.post #2290 of 213231/31/13 at 9:56amQuote:
That would be very helpful, thanks. If you have any other colors to post them next to, that would be great as well.post #2291 of 213231/31/13 at 10:01ampost #2292 of 213231/31/13 at 10:01ampost #2293 of 213231/31/13 at 10:07amQuote:
You mean you resisted that deal for Galway through Skoaktiebolaget? What is the wait time? Ours are supposed to arrive in June, I think we placed the order back in December.post #2294 of 213231/31/13 at 10:37amQuote:
Yep i resisted that I didn´t want the walnut country calf upper and the price was much better at EoM. Mark told me five month so that will be june as well.
This is the shoe i took with last 82 instead of 64:
Edited by Frank the sheep - 1/31/13 at 11:17am
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Currently, there are 1598 Active Users (322 Members and 1276 Guests)
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 12 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Peir Wu 5 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 5 minutes ago
- › FS RLPL Navy Sportcoat 40S Purple Label 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › BNIB Loro Piana Nubuck Brown Suede My Sneaker Walk size 40 IT 6.5... 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015