I think the Dovers were ~$1k...they didn't have my size.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Buying and Selling
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:24 am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 153post #2281 of 283881/31/13 at 8:36ampost #2282 of 283881/31/13 at 8:38ampost #2283 of 283881/31/13 at 8:39ampost #2284 of 283881/31/13 at 8:41amQuote:Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
get the dovers in dark oak. the peccary grain on the GG is different enough from the dovers in dark oak I think.
It's not that I dislike the TG73, I just think the softer square is better for split-toe bluchers. It's a casual shoe and the TG73 is a little more aggressive of a last.post #2285 of 283881/31/13 at 8:48ampost #2286 of 283881/31/13 at 8:50ampost #2287 of 283881/31/13 at 9:24amQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Hmm...you see chestnut as a boot, I see it as a wingtip. We both agree it's not a Dover! I tend away from boots in straight calf. With the extra expanse of unadorned leather, I prefer something with more surface interest - a grain, suede, or cordovan...which doesn't have a rough finish like the others, but develops waviness over time and also just looks different from the normal calf shoe and is therefore more interesting purely by virtue of its rarity.
I have talked myself into the burnt pine on the Dovers. Done and done.
Hm, I hadn't thought of that. You might be right about boot leather.
Just so you have it, this is probably the most accurate photo I've seen of burnt pine online. On its own, I dont think the color is pleasing, but its appeal is more apparent when you pair it with the right trouser material (navy and mid-grey particularly).
Now with your comment about boot leather, chestnut is back in the running for me.
Hm, or maybe Hazel?
http://www.skyvalet1.com/Edward-Green-120th-Anniversary-Brummell_p_131.htmlpost #2288 of 283881/31/13 at 9:32amQuote:Originally Posted by dieworkwear
Hm, or maybe Hazel?
That's quite good. Quite good. I may turn to that over the pine. I've got my order in, with leather yet to be determined, so I have a day or two to sleep on it. Since I wear mid-grey trousers probably three days out of four, a shoe that is attractive with those and those alone is still quite useful.post #2289 of 283881/31/13 at 9:32am
I was just about to suggest that. Probably my favorite shoe. Antique hazel is a touch lighter and richer/warmer than the burnt pine. I can try and post a side-by-side comparison pic in the next day or two if it would be helpful.post #2290 of 283881/31/13 at 9:56amQuote:
That would be very helpful, thanks. If you have any other colors to post them next to, that would be great as well.post #2291 of 283881/31/13 at 10:01ampost #2292 of 283881/31/13 at 10:01ampost #2293 of 283881/31/13 at 10:07amQuote:
You mean you resisted that deal for Galway through Skoaktiebolaget? What is the wait time? Ours are supposed to arrive in June, I think we placed the order back in December.post #2294 of 283881/31/13 at 10:37amQuote:
Yep i resisted that I didn´t want the walnut country calf upper and the price was much better at EoM. Mark told me five month so that will be june as well.
This is the shoe i took with last 82 instead of 64:
Edited by Frank the sheep - 1/31/13 at 11:17ampost #2295 of 283881/31/13 at 10:44am
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Currently, there are 1149 Active Users (270 Members and 879 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Bulcher / Derby with suit? 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 12 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 12 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 14 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 16 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...