I think the Dovers were ~$1k...they didn't have my size.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Buying and Selling
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 3/27/17 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 153post #2281 of 302411/31/13 at 8:36ampost #2282 of 302411/31/13 at 8:38ampost #2283 of 302411/31/13 at 8:39ampost #2284 of 302411/31/13 at 8:41amQuote:Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
get the dovers in dark oak. the peccary grain on the GG is different enough from the dovers in dark oak I think.
It's not that I dislike the TG73, I just think the softer square is better for split-toe bluchers. It's a casual shoe and the TG73 is a little more aggressive of a last.post #2285 of 302411/31/13 at 8:48ampost #2286 of 302411/31/13 at 8:50ampost #2287 of 302411/31/13 at 9:24amQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Hmm...you see chestnut as a boot, I see it as a wingtip. We both agree it's not a Dover! I tend away from boots in straight calf. With the extra expanse of unadorned leather, I prefer something with more surface interest - a grain, suede, or cordovan...which doesn't have a rough finish like the others, but develops waviness over time and also just looks different from the normal calf shoe and is therefore more interesting purely by virtue of its rarity.
I have talked myself into the burnt pine on the Dovers. Done and done.
Hm, I hadn't thought of that. You might be right about boot leather.
Just so you have it, this is probably the most accurate photo I've seen of burnt pine online. On its own, I dont think the color is pleasing, but its appeal is more apparent when you pair it with the right trouser material (navy and mid-grey particularly).
Now with your comment about boot leather, chestnut is back in the running for me.
Hm, or maybe Hazel?
http://www.skyvalet1.com/Edward-Green-120th-Anniversary-Brummell_p_131.htmlpost #2288 of 302411/31/13 at 9:32amQuote:Originally Posted by dieworkwear
Hm, or maybe Hazel?
That's quite good. Quite good. I may turn to that over the pine. I've got my order in, with leather yet to be determined, so I have a day or two to sleep on it. Since I wear mid-grey trousers probably three days out of four, a shoe that is attractive with those and those alone is still quite useful.post #2289 of 302411/31/13 at 9:32am
I was just about to suggest that. Probably my favorite shoe. Antique hazel is a touch lighter and richer/warmer than the burnt pine. I can try and post a side-by-side comparison pic in the next day or two if it would be helpful.post #2290 of 302411/31/13 at 9:56amQuote:
That would be very helpful, thanks. If you have any other colors to post them next to, that would be great as well.post #2291 of 302411/31/13 at 10:01ampost #2292 of 302411/31/13 at 10:01ampost #2293 of 302411/31/13 at 10:07amQuote:
You mean you resisted that deal for Galway through Skoaktiebolaget? What is the wait time? Ours are supposed to arrive in June, I think we placed the order back in December.post #2294 of 302411/31/13 at 10:37amQuote:
Yep i resisted that I didn´t want the walnut country calf upper and the price was much better at EoM. Mark told me five month so that will be june as well.
This is the shoe i took with last 82 instead of 64:
Edited by Frank the sheep - 1/31/13 at 11:17ampost #2295 of 302411/31/13 at 10:44am
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Currently, there are 1596 Active Users (312 Members and 1284 Guests)
- › Want Ties?! GIMME AN EEEEEEEG Cappelli, EEE Marinella + Hill &... 2 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 9 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 17 seconds ago
- › Netflix instant movie suggestions 1 minute ago
- › Septieme Largeur footwear - Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Strand Dainite Resole Thickness? 5 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 8 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 9 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...