or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1517

post #22741 of 28883
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie1 View Post

Hold on. It was easily available. Zug from Ilcea is no longer being produced, so what remains is old stock (unless the revived brand begins to make it again).

I simply meant makers once had easy and plentiful access to Zug, while it was still being made in the past. I do not think it was a hugely popular/ often requested item for EG. It was a hardy and traditional material and certainly not a bright new thing. Like so many coveted items, Zug has probably become far more desired precisely because it is no longer easily available.


Ah Ok, I must have misread I thought you meant it was still pretty easy to get. I get that it probably wasn't desirable enough and that was probably why it was discontinued. I certainly get the reference to not being bright and shiny as well. Some of those pictures of Heather Gorse on retailers websites looked pretty sad. Not to mention the fact that you may have just finished looking at the antiqued calf or even CC which can make them look even less desirable especially when your talking EG money. Besides the advertisements don't speak to the benefits of this leather. 

post #22742 of 28883
The tannery that made both Heather Gorse and Willow Calf went out of business and closed. It has been resurrected during the last couple years, but I think they concentrate on producing and selling museum calf and a range of other products that are widely popular. Thus, Zug and Willow likely won't make a comeback, at least not anytime soon. Moreover, EG has allegedly stated they don't plan to acquire these materials again.

EG has been making shoes with Delapre, Utah, shearling, and cordovan more as of late. These are the unusual materials they seem to be pushing lately. These things go in cycles based on what might be intriguing to customers and what is or will be available from suppliers. If you look at old EG marketing materials, you can find cool old shoe styles, materials, and even colors. The best way to see new and current materials and offerings is to attend a trunk show.

By the way, has anyone noticed the wild looking Shearling lined Nevis boot offered at Mr. Porter? It's an unusual style. Cheers.
post #22743 of 28883
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post



Lovely shoes! Congratulations and enjoy, both are perfect for this time of the year.
post #22744 of 28883
By the way, has anyone noticed the wild looking Shearling lined Nevis boot offered at Mr. Porter? It's an unusual style. Cheers.[/quote]



Thanks for the explanation. Yes I have seen the Nevis offered by Mr Porter and think they look really nice.
post #22745 of 28883
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post


Nice! Are the Newmarkets in burnt pine? Or hazel maybe?
post #22746 of 28883
post #22747 of 28883
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie1 View Post

The tannery that made both Heather Gorse and Willow Calf went out of business and closed. It has been resurrected during the last couple years, but I think they concentrate on producing and selling museum calf and a range of other products that are widely popular. Thus, Zug and Willow likely won't make a comeback, at least not anytime soon. Moreover, EG has allegedly stated they don't plan to acquire these materials again.

EG has been making shoes with Delapre, Utah, shearling, and cordovan more as of late. These are the unusual materials they seem to be pushing lately. These things go in cycles based on what might be intriguing to customers and what is or will be available from suppliers. If you look at old EG marketing materials, you can find cool old shoe styles, materials, and even colors. The best way to see new and current materials and offerings is to attend a trunk show.

By the way, has anyone noticed the wild looking Shearling lined Nevis boot offered at Mr. Porter? It's an unusual style. Cheers.


I vaguely remember some of this now. Thanks for taking the time to share this again.

post #22748 of 28883
Hi gents, quick question. All things being equal, which would you get-Chelsea on DOAK-82 Last or DOAK or Chestnut in 202 Last?

@bespoken pa those Newmarkets are great!!!!!
post #22749 of 28883
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

Hi gents, quick question. All things being equal, which would you get-Chelsea on DOAK-82 Last or DOAK or Chestnut in 202 Last?

@bespoken pa those Newmarkets are great!!!!!

For me and I did with both Black and Doak, the 82 as it is sleeker looking.

post #22750 of 28883
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
 

For me and I did with both Black and Doak, the 82 as it is sleeker looking.


I "need" black chelsea on 82

post #22751 of 28883
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

Hi gents, quick question. All things being equal, which would you get-Chelsea on DOAK-82 Last or DOAK or Chestnut in 202 Last?

@bespoken pa those Newmarkets are great!!!!!

 

Doak on 82 last, no question.

post #22752 of 28883
I have the chelsea on the 82 and 202 as well. I much prefer the 82 lasted chelsea.
post #22753 of 28883
New markets are burnt pine.
post #22754 of 28883
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

I have the chelsea on the 82 and 202 as well. I much prefer the 82 lasted chelsea.


ME TOO!

although I also like the 202 Berkeley, which I also have.

post #22755 of 28883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaconne View Post

Thanks! Nightshade looks and sounds terrific. Good thing I have some time to think on this...
@NewStart

Tried on a pair of Hove monk wingtips in Nightshade at EG's Paris location. It's a dark burgundy with shades of black/purple and looks great with dark jeans. Unfortunately, they only the 8.5UK and I wear a 8UK. Still trying to decide if I want to order the Hove in nightshade or grey.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy