or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 1502

post #22516 of 28968
Agreed par for the course. I just wish I had a ball park idea...not because I am overly concerned with when they arrive but to determine future purchases.
post #22517 of 28968
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Agreed par for the course. I just wish I had a ball park idea...not because I am overly concerned with when they arrive but to determine future purchases.

Yeah, that bugged me too. But not for that reason, I just wanted some idea so I would know when to expect to get them. But then again I don't think anybody would have expected that they would fail the second remake as well.

Right now I've got my fingers crossed that the St James I'm waiting on wont be too late.
post #22518 of 28968
39ef284718d918c7ecc4bea02b98b6af.jpg

First date with my love 😍


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #22519 of 28968
^^ Perfection! Enjoy.
post #22520 of 28968
Quote:
Originally Posted by royaloak28 View Post

39ef284718d918c7ecc4bea02b98b6af.jpg

First date with my love 😍


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Beautiful, enjoy!
post #22521 of 28968
Sorry, and I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but what is it about the Edward green Dover people really like? I just don't find the split toe that attractive. Like its okay, and it's not bad, just I don't see how that can be a signature shoe for a company. I'm a wholecut man, myself, so take that for what it's worth. I only own 1 suede derby and it gets little to no use in my rotation because I'm not a fan of it. Maybe it's just a taste thing (and that's fine - beauty is, after all, in the eye of the beholder) but I'm just trying to understand the broad appeal.
post #22522 of 28968
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanS View Post

Sorry, and I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but what is it about the Edward green Dover people really like? I just don't find the split toe that attractive. Like its okay, and it's not bad, just I don't see how that can be a signature shoe for a company. I'm a wholecut man, myself, so take that for what it's worth. I only own 1 suede derby and it gets little to no use in my rotation because I'm not a fan of it. Maybe it's just a taste thing (and that's fine - beauty is, after all, in the eye of the beholder) but I'm just trying to understand the broad appeal.

I love wholecuts...and I love split toes too.  Two different models of shoes. The Dover is one of the best split toes for me, if not the best. You must take into account the special hand work taken in the apron and the toe (skin stiched).  Ahhh, and I love suede, grain leather, corrected leather, derbys, oxfrods, DM.....and all kind of boots and shoes.:smarmy:

post #22523 of 28968
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanS View Post

Sorry, and I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but what is it about the Edward green Dover people really like? I just don't find the split toe that attractive. Like its okay, and it's not bad, just I don't see how that can be a signature shoe for a company. I'm a wholecut man, myself, so take that for what it's worth. I only own 1 suede derby and it gets little to no use in my rotation because I'm not a fan of it. Maybe it's just a taste thing (and that's fine - beauty is, after all, in the eye of the beholder) but I'm just trying to understand the broad appeal.

Can't explain it. Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. You don't like them and I think it's the best looking derby ever. I definitely don't think it's a question that can really be answered. Not raining on my parade....More for me! 

post #22524 of 28968
EG dover are classic have one on dark oak & trying to find one on suede tobacco color. Then I am all done biggrin.gif
post #22525 of 28968
Forgive them, for they know not what they say....

Today



post #22526 of 28968

I'm wearing Dovers today, too, but too lazy to take a pic. 

post #22527 of 28968
I don't think there is a better derby as EG Dover. Period.

Beholder
post #22528 of 28968
Torn between DOAK and the beautiful burgundy Cleav is wearing. I will only be getting one pair for the foreseeable future.

I didn't like the Dover when I first saw it here but now it's a must have.
I thought Galways were fugly at first but now they are also must haves.
Perhaps I've been brainwashed? No, just changing taste due to new exposures...
post #22529 of 28968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaconne View Post

Torn between DOAK and the beautiful burgundy Cleav is wearing. I will only be getting one pair for the foreseeable future.

I didn't like the Dover when I first saw it here but now it's a must have.
I thought Galways were fugly at first but now they are also must haves.
Perhaps I've been brainwashed? No, just changing taste due to new exposures...

Doak Dover enabling

post #22530 of 28968
So classic and perfect... Wow.

So any enablers follow the metaphor to the point where the first one is free? wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy