Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Buying and Selling
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 10/19/16 at 2:44am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 151post #2252 of 286571/31/13 at 4:58ampost #2253 of 286571/31/13 at 5:06ampost #2254 of 286571/31/13 at 5:45ampost #2255 of 286571/31/13 at 6:04amQuote:
I wear a half size up from C&J in EG's 82, 888, & 33 (C&J 6E = EG 6.5E). The EG lasts fit me excellently though which has caused more pain in my wallet.post #2256 of 286571/31/13 at 6:05ampost #2257 of 286571/31/13 at 6:16ampost #2258 of 286571/31/13 at 6:29ampost #2259 of 286571/31/13 at 7:01ampost #2260 of 286571/31/13 at 7:24amQuote:
I'm also a half size up from C&J. So 8 in CJ, and 8.5 in all EG lasts, though the 888 fits a bit tight. Also, I'd say no to acorn. Too band-aid-ish. I think if you want to go that light, Edwardian might be better, though online pics are quite terrible. There are too many variations all over the place to get a good sense of how yours will turn out.
If you're interested in doing EG MTOs in the future, I can send you swatches. It's too late for this sale, but just future FYI. May help figure out what color/ material you want. I have the four main calf colors (Edwardian, burnt pine, dark oak, and chestnut), and all their suedes plus burgundy calf are on their way to me.post #2261 of 286571/31/13 at 7:36amAwesome, thanks d. So acorn isn't really like the acorn in this post?
edit: google image searched "edward green acorn"...you're right, definitely not what I'm looking for.
What about tobacco suede?post #2262 of 286571/31/13 at 7:38ampost #2263 of 286571/31/13 at 7:47ampost #2264 of 286571/31/13 at 7:54am
Hi, I'm cross posting from the Edwards of Manchester sale thread since I realized this one is more appropriate (mods pls delete if I made a mistake).
I'm looking to get my first pair of EGs, but am having trouble deciding on some options, and am wondering if and fellow SFers can chime in.
1) Galway or Alderley? I already have 2 pairs of rugged/casual captoe boots, but no brogues or wingtips. There's not much info on the Alderleys, but here's a photo:
2) Upper/lower leathers: a) chocolate nubuck/burnt pine, or b) rosewood country/antique nightshade calf? I'm looking to have something that can show off EG's burnishing the best and be versatile at the same time. Saw the nightshade color posted before here:
and according to Leffot's it's something like dark purple, burgundy. I have a lot of #8 cordovans and this looks to be different enough.
3) I'm size 8.5 on Alden Barrie last. Would it be right to get 888 lasted in size 8E?
Thanks in advance for your help!post #2265 of 286571/31/13 at 7:55am
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 39 seconds ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 54 seconds ago
- › Gustin Buttondown shirts clear out sale - size Classic Small 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Truman Boots 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...