Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on Today at 11:44 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Marketplace
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 3:04 am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 151
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2252 of 213351/31/13 at 4:58ampost #2253 of 213351/31/13 at 5:06ampost #2254 of 213351/31/13 at 5:45ampost #2255 of 213351/31/13 at 6:04amQuote:
I wear a half size up from C&J in EG's 82, 888, & 33 (C&J 6E = EG 6.5E). The EG lasts fit me excellently though which has caused more pain in my wallet.post #2256 of 213351/31/13 at 6:05ampost #2257 of 213351/31/13 at 6:16ampost #2258 of 213351/31/13 at 6:29ampost #2259 of 213351/31/13 at 7:01ampost #2260 of 213351/31/13 at 7:24amQuote:
I'm also a half size up from C&J. So 8 in CJ, and 8.5 in all EG lasts, though the 888 fits a bit tight. Also, I'd say no to acorn. Too band-aid-ish. I think if you want to go that light, Edwardian might be better, though online pics are quite terrible. There are too many variations all over the place to get a good sense of how yours will turn out.
If you're interested in doing EG MTOs in the future, I can send you swatches. It's too late for this sale, but just future FYI. May help figure out what color/ material you want. I have the four main calf colors (Edwardian, burnt pine, dark oak, and chestnut), and all their suedes plus burgundy calf are on their way to me.post #2261 of 213351/31/13 at 7:36amAwesome, thanks d. So acorn isn't really like the acorn in this post?
edit: google image searched "edward green acorn"...you're right, definitely not what I'm looking for.
What about tobacco suede?post #2262 of 213351/31/13 at 7:38ampost #2263 of 213351/31/13 at 7:47ampost #2264 of 213351/31/13 at 7:54am
Hi, I'm cross posting from the Edwards of Manchester sale thread since I realized this one is more appropriate (mods pls delete if I made a mistake).
I'm looking to get my first pair of EGs, but am having trouble deciding on some options, and am wondering if and fellow SFers can chime in.
1) Galway or Alderley? I already have 2 pairs of rugged/casual captoe boots, but no brogues or wingtips. There's not much info on the Alderleys, but here's a photo:
2) Upper/lower leathers: a) chocolate nubuck/burnt pine, or b) rosewood country/antique nightshade calf? I'm looking to have something that can show off EG's burnishing the best and be versatile at the same time. Saw the nightshade color posted before here:
and according to Leffot's it's something like dark purple, burgundy. I have a lot of #8 cordovans and this looks to be different enough.
3) I'm size 8.5 on Alden Barrie last. Would it be right to get 888 lasted in size 8E?
Thanks in advance for your help!
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › FRATELLI BORGIOLI FOR RIDER BOOT OSLO BOOT, ANTIQUE SMOKE,... 19 seconds ago
- › EUC Brunello Cucinelli Wool/Silk/Linen Sportcoat EU 58 / US 48 3 minutes ago
- › Vass belts sizes 90 - 95, narrow and wide. 3 minutes ago
- › STAPLE Brooks Brothers Black Fleece grey suits BB1 & BB00 3 minutes ago
- › Alden 4060 #8 Captoe Boot Size 6EE Grant Last 3 minutes ago
- › BNWT Loro Piana Cotton Silk Teal Turtleneck Zipper Sweater 48 IT... 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › BNWT Timeless Loro Piana 100% SILK Blue Crewneck Basic Sweater 48... 3 minutes ago
- › EIDOS NAPOLI SILK/WOOL SPORT COAT 38/48 3 minutes ago
- › Brooks Brothers Country Club Loro Piana Super 120's fabric USA made 3 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015