Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E Last post on 7/27/15 at 9:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Marketplace
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 151
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2252 of 204731/31/13 at 4:58ampost #2253 of 204731/31/13 at 5:06ampost #2254 of 204731/31/13 at 5:45ampost #2255 of 204731/31/13 at 6:04amQuote:
I wear a half size up from C&J in EG's 82, 888, & 33 (C&J 6E = EG 6.5E). The EG lasts fit me excellently though which has caused more pain in my wallet.post #2256 of 204731/31/13 at 6:05ampost #2257 of 204731/31/13 at 6:16ampost #2258 of 204731/31/13 at 6:29ampost #2259 of 204731/31/13 at 7:01ampost #2260 of 204731/31/13 at 7:24amQuote:
I'm also a half size up from C&J. So 8 in CJ, and 8.5 in all EG lasts, though the 888 fits a bit tight. Also, I'd say no to acorn. Too band-aid-ish. I think if you want to go that light, Edwardian might be better, though online pics are quite terrible. There are too many variations all over the place to get a good sense of how yours will turn out.
If you're interested in doing EG MTOs in the future, I can send you swatches. It's too late for this sale, but just future FYI. May help figure out what color/ material you want. I have the four main calf colors (Edwardian, burnt pine, dark oak, and chestnut), and all their suedes plus burgundy calf are on their way to me.post #2261 of 204731/31/13 at 7:36amAwesome, thanks d. So acorn isn't really like the acorn in this post?
edit: google image searched "edward green acorn"...you're right, definitely not what I'm looking for.
What about tobacco suede?post #2262 of 204731/31/13 at 7:38ampost #2263 of 204731/31/13 at 7:47ampost #2264 of 204731/31/13 at 7:54am
Hi, I'm cross posting from the Edwards of Manchester sale thread since I realized this one is more appropriate (mods pls delete if I made a mistake).
I'm looking to get my first pair of EGs, but am having trouble deciding on some options, and am wondering if and fellow SFers can chime in.
1) Galway or Alderley? I already have 2 pairs of rugged/casual captoe boots, but no brogues or wingtips. There's not much info on the Alderleys, but here's a photo:
2) Upper/lower leathers: a) chocolate nubuck/burnt pine, or b) rosewood country/antique nightshade calf? I'm looking to have something that can show off EG's burnishing the best and be versatile at the same time. Saw the nightshade color posted before here:
and according to Leffot's it's something like dark purple, burgundy. I have a lot of #8 cordovans and this looks to be different enough.
3) I'm size 8.5 on Alden Barrie last. Would it be right to get 888 lasted in size 8E?
Thanks in advance for your help!
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Han Kjobenhavn Subglasses - Timeless, Hauss, Ed, Janitor, State -... 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 9 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 10 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 10 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 17 minutes ago
- › What would you wear today? 17 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › Alden LHS Snuff Suede Mocs 9D - Van Last as New 29 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...