Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Buying and Selling
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:42 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: How to mirror shine your shoes.Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 151
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2252 of 252861/31/13 at 4:58ampost #2253 of 252861/31/13 at 5:06ampost #2254 of 252861/31/13 at 5:45ampost #2255 of 252861/31/13 at 6:04amQuote:
I wear a half size up from C&J in EG's 82, 888, & 33 (C&J 6E = EG 6.5E). The EG lasts fit me excellently though which has caused more pain in my wallet.post #2256 of 252861/31/13 at 6:05ampost #2257 of 252861/31/13 at 6:16ampost #2258 of 252861/31/13 at 6:29ampost #2259 of 252861/31/13 at 7:01ampost #2260 of 252861/31/13 at 7:24amQuote:
I'm also a half size up from C&J. So 8 in CJ, and 8.5 in all EG lasts, though the 888 fits a bit tight. Also, I'd say no to acorn. Too band-aid-ish. I think if you want to go that light, Edwardian might be better, though online pics are quite terrible. There are too many variations all over the place to get a good sense of how yours will turn out.
If you're interested in doing EG MTOs in the future, I can send you swatches. It's too late for this sale, but just future FYI. May help figure out what color/ material you want. I have the four main calf colors (Edwardian, burnt pine, dark oak, and chestnut), and all their suedes plus burgundy calf are on their way to me.post #2261 of 252861/31/13 at 7:36amAwesome, thanks d. So acorn isn't really like the acorn in this post?
edit: google image searched "edward green acorn"...you're right, definitely not what I'm looking for.
What about tobacco suede?post #2262 of 252861/31/13 at 7:38ampost #2263 of 252861/31/13 at 7:47ampost #2264 of 252861/31/13 at 7:54am
Hi, I'm cross posting from the Edwards of Manchester sale thread since I realized this one is more appropriate (mods pls delete if I made a mistake).
I'm looking to get my first pair of EGs, but am having trouble deciding on some options, and am wondering if and fellow SFers can chime in.
1) Galway or Alderley? I already have 2 pairs of rugged/casual captoe boots, but no brogues or wingtips. There's not much info on the Alderleys, but here's a photo:
2) Upper/lower leathers: a) chocolate nubuck/burnt pine, or b) rosewood country/antique nightshade calf? I'm looking to have something that can show off EG's burnishing the best and be versatile at the same time. Saw the nightshade color posted before here:
and according to Leffot's it's something like dark purple, burgundy. I have a lot of #8 cordovans and this looks to be different enough.
3) I'm size 8.5 on Alden Barrie last. Would it be right to get 888 lasted in size 8E?
Thanks in advance for your help!
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
- › Best Hair Styling Products for Men? 4 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 31 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 39 seconds ago
- › Smoking Jacket, Dinner Jacket question 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 7 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 10 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 12 minutes ago
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 13 minutes ago
- › End of Bills Khakis 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...