Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Buying and Selling
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 8:32 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 150post #2236 of 253171/29/13 at 3:05pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2237 of 253171/29/13 at 3:10pmpost #2238 of 253171/29/13 at 3:31pmpost #2239 of 253171/29/13 at 3:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by cwh812
Ha - Give some time for us to answer. I am going to need a resole soon and I actually talked with Steven at Leffot about this a few months ago. He was more than willing to help out and facilitate the communication and sending the shoes to EG when the time comes. I don't think that was only due to the fact that I have purchased 10-12 pairs from him - I think he would do this for anyone.
Based on pure conjecture he might do this for free (not adding anything to what EG charges) if you originally purchased the shoes through him. I would not hesitate to ask him.
I got the same impression from him, just wanted to make sure I wasn't being an undue burden, and was also hoping for color on turn-around time. I'll bring it up again when my latest order arrives at Leffot.post #2240 of 253171/29/13 at 4:02pmpost #2241 of 253171/29/13 at 5:35pmpost #2242 of 253171/30/13 at 12:06ampost #2243 of 253171/30/13 at 1:15amQuote:
Thanks all for the reply, it is safe for me to half size size down on the EG 22 last Chelsea, despite the feedback from Edward of Manchester that I should choose full size down with F fit (instead of E). For some reason I would go with my gut feelings.post #2244 of 253171/30/13 at 3:49amQuote:
I had the same conundrum....8.5E or 8F. Was told expressly that there is no relation between the two...the F is for wide feet and is noticably wiiide...if you don't have wide feet they will look like balloons on your feet. Plus 202 last chelsea is a bit short in length to begin with. Going down one size will give you a shoe that is too short to fit into. But if youre feeling lucky roll the dice.post #2245 of 253171/30/13 at 6:00amQuote:Originally Posted by Fiddler
I had the same conundrum....8.5E or 8F. Was told expressly that there is no relation between the two...the F is for wide feet and is noticably wiiide...if you don't have wide feet they will look like balloons on your feet. Plus 202 last chelsea is a bit short in length to begin with. Going down one size will give you a shoe that is too short to fit into. But if youre feeling lucky roll the dice.
No. I am going to take UK7.5E (half size down from my US size) instead. By the way, what did you choose finally? 8.5E or 8F?post #2246 of 253171/30/13 at 11:16ampost #2247 of 253171/30/13 at 3:26pmQuote:
TTS - US9.5D
Alden Barrie - US9D
EG - UK9E (except 888 last, UK9.5D)
C&J - UK8.5E
JL - UK8.5E
I have the black EG Chelsea on the 202 in UK9E and it is perfect.
There are many whose rule of thumb is 1/2 size down for EG and full size down for C&J and JL (from their regular US size). It is, in my experience, a very good rule.post #2248 of 253171/30/13 at 5:07pmQuote:
On a side note, I wish it is possible to purchase EG dust bags (I know I can use whatever but I do like them to match).post #2249 of 253171/30/13 at 5:08pmpost #2250 of 253171/30/13 at 5:10pm
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 48 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 55 seconds ago
- › W. Bill Green Linen Custom Run 58 seconds ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 2016 Presidential Caucus and Primary Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...