Perhaps, but incessantly trolling it (by anyone) doesn't do any good.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Buying and Selling
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 6:12 pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 133post #1981 of 281691/4/13 at 9:10pmpost #1982 of 281691/4/13 at 9:14pmpost #1983 of 281691/4/13 at 10:07pmpost #1984 of 281691/4/13 at 11:38pmJoeGat's been banned. He's a known troll. You may remember his previous usernames such as HugeMac, RockJaw, BraveGoose, JaegerMeister, iShaka, Grubby, and LeJouvre.post #1985 of 281691/4/13 at 11:44pmObviously the mistake over the last shouldn't have happened but I think that by covering shipping and duties incurred, they have done everything I would expect a reputable company to do to correct their mistake. Going to the post office is a hassle but in my opinion, asking for a courier service to pick it up from you is not reasonable unless Leffot is a company that sells product for way beyond retail, and I don't think they do.post #1986 of 281691/5/13 at 12:16amQuote:
Thank you for your understanding Sir...I have no outstanding complaints against AS any more...the outfit in question is Leffot and the matter has now achieved closure.post #1987 of 281691/5/13 at 12:19amI spend half my time in Asia and have had to deal with my fair share of screw ups from both shoe retailers and shoemakers directly and I know how frustrating it can be mainly because of the cost of courier and the wait. However, on your concern of duties, every parcel I've had to send back always included a note saying that the goods were to be returned back to the merchant for refund/ exchange. Other than a single incident in Italy, I've never had any problems with duties or customs, nor have any seller had to handle this issue.
To be fair, alot of high end shoe retailers pride themselves as first and foremost a bricks and mortar shop. Many do not emphasize online selling but do so as an extension of their customer service. Some go to the extent of not selling via mail unless you have been to the shop before.
Sucks that this has to happen, but it looks like you've already sorted this out with Leffot. Posting any more complaints doesnt put anyone in goodlight. I have had shoes sent to me where the left and right shoes were of different styles, of the wrong sizes completely, inferior leather on one shoe and many other major annoyances. I've sworn off 2 makers as a result of my dissatisfaction. TBH, i wouldnt mind taking an 82 last of the style you wanted and accepting a slight discount equivalent of duties and shipping.post #1988 of 281691/5/13 at 12:20ampost #1989 of 281691/5/13 at 2:43amQuote:
No suggestion of that sort was made by Leffot, so I didn't press it or they might think I was angling for some discount.
To the moderator who made a seemingly sympathetic post and then edited it, I think an explanation from me is in order. Typing posts on my laptop takes less time and effort than taking these shoes to the post office, standing in queue and going through the procedures...last time I did it took about 3 hours including transport time and waiting. I look at rent listings and call up agents while I'm on my laptop, so it's not really eating into my time.
And BTW, my complaints against AS were not about an order they messed up but about their lack of interest. And so I didn't give them my business.post #1990 of 281691/5/13 at 4:05amI don't see such a move as a way of trying to angle for more discounts. I have been involved in negotiations for more than 2 decades. There are alternative solutions to every problem, some of which is acceptable to both parties had it been laid out on the table. If you had suggested this to them, they might accept it. The cost of reimbursing you for duties and shipping as well as the waiting time for both parties make this a win-win situation.
Perhaps you gave them the impression that you really hated the last but emotional arguments usually have weak foundations. You sounded very pissed in your previous few posts. Have you really tried both the 202 and 82 last and much prefer the former?post #1991 of 281691/5/13 at 4:59amQuote:Originally Posted by upnorth
I don't see such a move as a way of trying to angle for more discounts. I have been involved in negotiations for more than 2 decades. There are alternative solutions to every problem, some of which is acceptable to both parties had it been laid out on the table. If you had suggested this to them, they might accept it. The cost of reimbursing you for duties and shipping as well as the waiting time for both parties make this a win-win situation.
Perhaps you gave them the impression that you really hated the last but emotional arguments usually have weak foundations. You sounded very pissed in your previous few posts. Have you really tried both the 202 and 82 last and much prefer the former?
Between the 202 and 82 side by side, yes I don't like the 82 Last. I hadn't tried a single EG shoe on prior but I know what I will like and what I won't. My arguments with Leffot were anything but emotional...they were backed by facts. You make some good points, rather than attacking me...hallmark of a good negotiator. Appreciate that.post #1992 of 281691/5/13 at 7:55ampost #1993 of 281691/5/13 at 1:01pmpost #1994 of 281691/5/13 at 1:17pmQuote:
Depends on from whom you order. In general it has been taking 9-12 months.
The "rules" of MTO also vary from vendor to vendor. For some, you are restricted with respect to last for specific shoes. What I mean by this is that some vendors require that you order TD to get specific lasts on specific styles, while other vendors do not.
Edited by jerrybrowne - 1/5/13 at 1:31pmpost #1995 of 281691/5/13 at 1:40pm
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 32 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 7 minutes ago
- › Cheaney 7 minutes ago
- › Need help identifying Tie 9 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 13 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 14 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Avon Celli/Cruciani/Borrelli 100% cashmere sweaters 21 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 22 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 25 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding