Perhaps, but incessantly trolling it (by anyone) doesn't do any good.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E Last post on 7/27/15 at 9:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Marketplace
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 7/14/15 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 133post #1981 of 205941/4/13 at 9:10pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1982 of 205941/4/13 at 9:14pmpost #1983 of 205941/4/13 at 10:07pmpost #1984 of 205941/4/13 at 11:38pmJoeGat's been banned. He's a known troll. You may remember his previous usernames such as HugeMac, RockJaw, BraveGoose, JaegerMeister, iShaka, Grubby, and LeJouvre.post #1985 of 205941/4/13 at 11:44pmObviously the mistake over the last shouldn't have happened but I think that by covering shipping and duties incurred, they have done everything I would expect a reputable company to do to correct their mistake. Going to the post office is a hassle but in my opinion, asking for a courier service to pick it up from you is not reasonable unless Leffot is a company that sells product for way beyond retail, and I don't think they do.post #1986 of 205941/5/13 at 12:16amQuote:
Thank you for your understanding Sir...I have no outstanding complaints against AS any more...the outfit in question is Leffot and the matter has now achieved closure.post #1987 of 205941/5/13 at 12:19amI spend half my time in Asia and have had to deal with my fair share of screw ups from both shoe retailers and shoemakers directly and I know how frustrating it can be mainly because of the cost of courier and the wait. However, on your concern of duties, every parcel I've had to send back always included a note saying that the goods were to be returned back to the merchant for refund/ exchange. Other than a single incident in Italy, I've never had any problems with duties or customs, nor have any seller had to handle this issue.
To be fair, alot of high end shoe retailers pride themselves as first and foremost a bricks and mortar shop. Many do not emphasize online selling but do so as an extension of their customer service. Some go to the extent of not selling via mail unless you have been to the shop before.
Sucks that this has to happen, but it looks like you've already sorted this out with Leffot. Posting any more complaints doesnt put anyone in goodlight. I have had shoes sent to me where the left and right shoes were of different styles, of the wrong sizes completely, inferior leather on one shoe and many other major annoyances. I've sworn off 2 makers as a result of my dissatisfaction. TBH, i wouldnt mind taking an 82 last of the style you wanted and accepting a slight discount equivalent of duties and shipping.post #1988 of 205941/5/13 at 12:20ampost #1989 of 205941/5/13 at 2:43amQuote:
No suggestion of that sort was made by Leffot, so I didn't press it or they might think I was angling for some discount.
To the moderator who made a seemingly sympathetic post and then edited it, I think an explanation from me is in order. Typing posts on my laptop takes less time and effort than taking these shoes to the post office, standing in queue and going through the procedures...last time I did it took about 3 hours including transport time and waiting. I look at rent listings and call up agents while I'm on my laptop, so it's not really eating into my time.
And BTW, my complaints against AS were not about an order they messed up but about their lack of interest. And so I didn't give them my business.post #1990 of 205941/5/13 at 4:05amI don't see such a move as a way of trying to angle for more discounts. I have been involved in negotiations for more than 2 decades. There are alternative solutions to every problem, some of which is acceptable to both parties had it been laid out on the table. If you had suggested this to them, they might accept it. The cost of reimbursing you for duties and shipping as well as the waiting time for both parties make this a win-win situation.
Perhaps you gave them the impression that you really hated the last but emotional arguments usually have weak foundations. You sounded very pissed in your previous few posts. Have you really tried both the 202 and 82 last and much prefer the former?post #1991 of 205941/5/13 at 4:59amQuote:Originally Posted by upnorth
I don't see such a move as a way of trying to angle for more discounts. I have been involved in negotiations for more than 2 decades. There are alternative solutions to every problem, some of which is acceptable to both parties had it been laid out on the table. If you had suggested this to them, they might accept it. The cost of reimbursing you for duties and shipping as well as the waiting time for both parties make this a win-win situation.
Perhaps you gave them the impression that you really hated the last but emotional arguments usually have weak foundations. You sounded very pissed in your previous few posts. Have you really tried both the 202 and 82 last and much prefer the former?
Between the 202 and 82 side by side, yes I don't like the 82 Last. I hadn't tried a single EG shoe on prior but I know what I will like and what I won't. My arguments with Leffot were anything but emotional...they were backed by facts. You make some good points, rather than attacking me...hallmark of a good negotiator. Appreciate that.post #1992 of 205941/5/13 at 7:55ampost #1993 of 205941/5/13 at 1:01pmpost #1994 of 205941/5/13 at 1:17pmQuote:
Depends on from whom you order. In general it has been taking 9-12 months.
The "rules" of MTO also vary from vendor to vendor. For some, you are restricted with respect to last for specific shoes. What I mean by this is that some vendors require that you order TD to get specific lasts on specific styles, while other vendors do not.
Edited by jerrybrowne - 1/5/13 at 1:31pm
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 36 seconds ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 5 minutes ago
- › What are the ties in the show "Suits" 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...