Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Buying and Selling
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 11/29/16 at 8:27pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 132post #1966 of 288961/4/13 at 3:14pmpost #1967 of 288961/4/13 at 4:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fiddler
Who said he isn't reasonable? The issue here is sloppiness that caused this whole unpleasant mess. Why on earth would you write Last 202 on your webpage when you have a shoebox in front of you that says Last 82? Wait, let me guess, it's because "mistakes do happen", right? But when you are selling shoes for over 1000USD to foreign countries you should know that what might be a minor problem to a resident of New York can be magnified many times over when the recipient is in Asia.
Maybe Leffot should stick to walk-in customers if they don't know that selling on the internet means putting out accurate information on their products.
My definition of good customer service is not letting bad things happen to begin with. Not taking my money on the pretext of wrongly marked products and then trying to be helpful.
Give it a rest.post #1968 of 288961/4/13 at 4:43pmpost #1969 of 288961/4/13 at 7:55pm
No Joe, the point is that you never bother to legitimately respond to any of the observations anyone here makes about your repeated vitriol whilst spewing more and, obviously, people are growing tired of it.
You don't like EG? Fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Yet, you didn't even order the shoes that form the "basis" of your posts here. All we have is your "word" about someone you know having ordered and received them. Someone with far more credibility here then, sure, we're inclined to listen. However, you, out of nowhere, go out of your way to start posting in an appreciation thread about how "shit" EG and other english brands are based upon an alleged MTO received by someone else, whilst contemporaneously posting in other threads here about desiring to order some of the very english brands you claim are "overrated." How is anyone here supposed to believe that the shoe you complain about isn't a factory second picked up at the EG seconds sale and sent to you?
Ultimately, nothing about your posts adds up and that tends to disincentivize regarding your opinions. Perhaps you and Fiddler can open your own shop.post #1970 of 288961/4/13 at 8:07pmalso, some of the people posting here have many, many EG's (evidenced in this thread and others, posted over a few years). unless we do have paid fanboys amongst us, as alleged, their EG fandom is created by long-term personal experience. i have no idea why EG can never make a pair to JoeGat's satisfaction, but to dismiss the other opinions/experiences as cultism is quite frankly, disrespectful.
if someone bought 10 pairs of EG and they were all perfect, and posts about it on the internet, then why is that experience being dismissed?
it's also rich that suddenly Fiddler's complaint seems to be dragged into this. his problem is with Leffot, not with EGpost #1971 of 288961/4/13 at 8:17pmpost #1972 of 288961/4/13 at 8:33pmQuote:
^^This is correct, I have no complaint with EG so far. This was my first pair of EG shoes and I was looking forward to them eagerly. What arrived was a disappointment, caused entirely (and acknowledged by) by Leffot.
I think there are a lot of people on this thread who are either in the fashion retailing business or regular customers of Leffot, so I understand you defending them to the end. My point has always been that if you aspire to be a top-end retailer, charging top dollar markups, then there is no room for mistakes. Period.
Saying you're sorry and making me trudge to the post office to make a return is BS. And Leffot still has not answered my question of who will bear the duties when the shoes enter the US and are held by customs there. Since they have a policy of declaring full value on merchandise, I have to do the same otherwise who will be responsible if the goods are impounded?
Let me say again that Leffot has responded by saying that they will refund the entire amount of my purchase + shipping costs + duties I paid in my country. But it is still a hassle for me to go to the post office and waste 2 hours there. I would have been more agreeable if they had sent DHL to pick up the shoes from my place at their expense, since I had NO part to play in this mess. But that did not happen.
Yet you guys are going on about 'hate' and 'vitriol' like I have some sort of agenda against Leffot. In fact I was interested in some more of their models when the time was right.
I am currently in the process of finding a new place to live and move to and am up against the clock....so I just don't have the time to devote in order to rectify someone else's mistakes.
So, why don't YOU give it a rest instead?post #1973 of 288961/4/13 at 8:50pm
This is typical of every single one of your responses - you completely ignore what other people write and stick to your own ignorant vitriol. Not to mention that your posts, including across threads, are completely contradictory. You "like" EG but call them "junk" in the same post? G&G is overrated but you whinge that the Bespoke owner won't message you back to facilitate your G&G order? As far as I'm concerned, you posted photos of seconds. Again, this thread is for those of us who appreciate EG - if you don't that's fine, but take your bullshit elsewhere because I don't think many of us are buying it.post #1974 of 288961/4/13 at 8:52pmpost #1975 of 288961/4/13 at 8:56pmpost #1976 of 288961/4/13 at 9:01pm
Hey, just writing to let everyone, including Leffot fans, miserable and un-miserable fucks, know that since my previous post, I have taken steps to bring the situation with Leffot to closure, so you won't need to put up with any more miserableness, spite, vitriol, bigotry, unpleasantness, whining, unreasonable demands etc etc etc.post #1977 of 288961/4/13 at 9:02pmCould we turn this back into an appreciation thread, with pics, information and places to score (ideally on sale, for my poor ass)?
If you feel you were fucked by EG or Leffot, state what happened, let nature take it course and then report back with the outcome. This way you seem less vindictive, and more informative-something I learned.post #1978 of 288961/4/13 at 9:02pmQuote:Quote:
This is my point.post #1979 of 288961/4/13 at 9:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by gyasih
Could we turn this back into an appreciation thread, with pics, information and places to score (ideally on sale, for my poor ass)?
If you feel you were fucked by EG or Leffot, state what happened, let nature take it course and then report back with the outcome. This way you seem less vindictive, and more informative-something I learned.
+1post #1980 of 288961/4/13 at 9:08pm
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 57 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 8 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 11 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 11 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 16 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway