or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 124

post #1846 of 13774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit View Post


Thanks.
So the 'E' doesn't mean wide here? Or does this model/last run slim?

 

E width = D width for EG, G&G, JL, and C&J.

post #1847 of 13774
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

E width = D width for EG, G&G, JL, and C&J.

+1
post #1848 of 13774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit View Post

Thanks.
So the 'E' doesn't mean wide here? Or does this model/last run slim?

The 89 last has more volume in the forefoot. For example, I'm a 10.5 US on the 888 last, but a 10 US on the 89, and I much prefer the 89 last.




_____________________________________________________________
Wanted: RLPL Grant and MacKay in Dark Oak and Black, US Size 10.5
post #1849 of 13774
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoTheKillerPimp View Post

The 89 last has more volume in the forefoot. For example, I'm a 10.5 US on the 888 last, but a 10 US on the 89, and I much prefer the 89 last.
_____________________________________________________________
Wanted: RLPL Grant and MacKay in Dark Oak and Black, US Size 10.5

Yeah, but I'm a US 10.5 EE.
From what I've read so far this show will be too small for me. . .

foo.gif
post #1850 of 13774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit View Post

Yeah, but I'm a US 10.5 EE.
From what I've read so far this show will be too small for me. . .
foo.gif

If it helps, my RLPL shoes on the 89 last are also marked 9.5 / 10 E and measure 4.125" across the forefoot. But it's not really the width across the sole, but the overall volume in the forefoot that is measurably greater on the 89 as compared to the 888.

The seller does have a 14-day return policy, though the shoes are overpriced in my opinion.


____________________________________________________________
Wanted: RLPL Grant and MacKay in Dark Oak and Black, US Size 10.5
post #1851 of 13774
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoTheKillerPimp View Post

If it helps, my RLPL shoes on the 89 last are also marked 9.5 / 10 E and measure 4.125" across the forefoot. But it's not really the width across the sole, but the overall volume in the forefoot that is measurably greater on the 89 as compared to the 888.
The seller does have a 14-day return policy, though the shoes are overpriced in my opinion.
____________________________________________________________
Wanted: RLPL Grant and MacKay in Dark Oak and Black, US Size 10.5

Both very helpful.
Ty sir.
post #1852 of 13774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

The Zonkies are made in the Veneto region of Italy..........wonder if I can track down where they are made next time I go.

Producer for the Zonkey collection is Calzaturificio Walles near Bassano/Veneto
(where the Grappa comes from)

http://www.walles.it/

They also have an outlet shop (now we know where we can find you,
the next time you are in the area).
post #1853 of 13774
Curious, bengal, what's your opinion on how much information can be inferred when we know about where something is made? I've heard differing opinions on this. Some say that a certain level of quality can be trusted, while others insist that the same factory can make such varying levels of goods (and use such different qualities of materials), that one should be careful about reading too much into these things. I'm assume this might be different from factory to factory, but do you have an opinion?
post #1854 of 13774
Hard2Fit, why not go for these instead? These will certainly fit you, and are a third of the price. If you don't mind investing the time, you can send back to EG for recrafting and still save about $300 versus the rlstore price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ralph-Lauren-Purple-Label-by-Edward-Green-Mens-Derbys-Size-UK10-US10-1-2E-/170967644149?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Although I'm in agreement with Guido, I think the size 10 will fit you. Also, if my experience with the rlstore is that they will take 10 percent off the price if you buy outside of eBay. They usually don't haggle but have that pair for a long time, so might be worth a shot.

And happy new year to all!
post #1855 of 13774
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post

Producer for the Zonkey collection is Calzaturificio Walles near Bassano/Veneto
(where the Grappa comes from)
http://www.walles.it/
They also have an outlet shop (now we know where we can find you,
the next time you are in the area).

Thank You! Actually not at all out of the way for my normal haunting of the region.
post #1856 of 13774
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiloVance View Post

Hard2Fit, why not go for these instead? These will certainly fit you, and are a third of the price. If you don't mind investing the time, you can send back to EG for recrafting and still save about $300 versus the rlstore price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ralph-Lauren-Purple-Label-by-Edward-Green-Mens-Derbys-Size-UK10-US10-1-2E-/170967644149?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123
Although I'm in agreement with Guido, I think the size 10 will fit you. Also, if my experience with the rlstore is that they will take 10 percent off the price if you buy outside of eBay. They usually don't haggle but have that pair for a long time, so might be worth a shot.
And happy new year to all!

Ooooh, good find.
Ty sir!
post #1857 of 13774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraiche View Post

Speaking of EG quality control, I ordered an antique burgundy belt and they sent me one that resembled nightshade after 2 months of wait time so I have to wait another 2 months.

Question about EG's various colors (outside of the typical black and brown ranges). How are these colors applied on the shoes? I assume alcohol or water based dyes are standard but are acrylic paints used by EG to establish the more varied colors (e.g., slate)? I ask because I had a small stain on a shoe in Slate and used Reno to try to get it out. After rubbing the area (not even vigorously), I noticed the grey color coming off to the point that I could notice the brown of the leather. It looked like the color was "painted" on the leather. I later used grey polish and the shoes are back to normal but it did peak my interest as to how EG applies their colors. Still love my EGs though! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #1858 of 13774

I need some sizing help. I'm a TTS US9D. I fit alright in my US9D AE Jefferson (5 last).

 

What should I be getting for the EG 202 last? 8.5/9E or 8/8.5E?

post #1859 of 13774
Quote:
Originally Posted by archangle13 View Post

I need some sizing help. I'm a TTS US9D. I fit alright in my US9D AE Jefferson (5 last).

What should I be getting for the EG 202 last? 8.5/9E or 8/8.5E?

You could get away with the 8/8.5E in 202, I can size down a half size on e202 from my US size.
Edited by gyasih - 1/1/13 at 10:25am
post #1860 of 13774
Quote:
Originally Posted by archangle13 View Post

I need some sizing help. I'm a TTS US9D. I fit alright in my US9D AE Jefferson (5 last).

What should I be getting for the EG 202 last? 8.5/9E or 8/8.5E?

I am TTS US9.5D.

I am US9D in AE's Jefferson (AE's 5 last is its longest last, and probably its most narrow, so I size down 1/2 size from TTS).

I am 9/9.5D in EG's 202. EG's D width is slightly more narrow than its regular E width, and many would characterize EG's D width as being inbetween a US C width and a US D (regular) width, a C+ if you will.

In my experience with various EG models and last, I have never gone down more than 1/2 size from my US size. I can and do wear EG's E width as well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy