When you talk to EG staff at Jermyn St do you ever get the feeling they are in a bit of a hurry? Like they have some soup about to boil over on the stove?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Buying and Selling
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 6:00 pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/Last edited: 2/10/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 117
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1742 of 2537112/25/12 at 12:46pmpost #1743 of 2537112/25/12 at 3:51pmQuote:
Ha, very much so.
They often give the impression that they're in the middle of doing something else and this distracts them throughout the conversation. When asking about the shearling Galways, I specifically asked them to send me pics of the rosewood versions as I'd handled the walnut version in the shop. They sent me pics of the walnut version, and when I replied that it was the other model I wanted to see they told me that they had no stock pictures...post #1744 of 2537112/25/12 at 11:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by CTBrummie
Ha, very much so.
They often give the impression that they're in the middle of doing something else and this distracts them throughout the conversation. When asking about the shearling Galways, I specifically asked them to send me pics of the rosewood versions as I'd handled the walnut version in the shop. They sent me pics of the walnut version, and when I replied that it was the other model I wanted to see they told me that they had no stock pictures...
It is nice to note that they are consistent.post #1745 of 2537112/26/12 at 5:31ampost #1746 of 2537112/26/12 at 1:53pmQuote:
I was just at the Paris shop last week. From what I could recall, the only boots I saw were the Galways on the shelves.post #1747 of 2537112/26/12 at 11:19pmpost #1748 of 2537112/27/12 at 8:23ampost #1749 of 2537112/27/12 at 8:36amQuote:Originally Posted by CTBrummie
Thanks. Do please share some pics!
Been wearing the pair below for some time, which were built on the F 25 last which EG no longer have. They're old boots made a few decades ago - the manager of their Jermyn Street shop was good enough to have the factory find out what they could on the model.
Here we are sir,post #1750 of 2537112/27/12 at 8:39ampost #1751 of 2537112/27/12 at 9:08amAfter reading through many threads on shoes, I decided that Edward green would be my first choice. I've been waiting for a flight to London for many months, but suddenly a Paris trip turned up and I found my way to the Paris Edward green store.
Firstly the custom per service was excellent. Alex was very patient with my obvious lack of knowledge, taste and style.
I went in to buy one pair of black Shannon's as a dress shoe and occasionally for work, hoping they would have what I wanted - but prepared to have to go the "made to measure" option.
Alex had a selection of Shannon's and Galways. After a good hour of procrastinating and Alex educating me, I settled on the black Galways, sued upper section with custom "Inverness" medallion, ridgeway sole.
To get a better idea of fit for me, he brought out a pair of full leather chestnut Shannon's... Let's just say I had to take them too! When I put these things on... My foot was like a piston perfectly slotting in. I can think of better euphemisms, but I'm sure you all know what I mean!
As it turns out, I will get a better price if they ship them directly to where I live, so I will get the Shannon's (with an added rubber pad on the sole) before the 09th of Jan and the Galways in a few months.
As these are my first purchases of this magnitude, I have played it safe in my choice (I think anyway), but some of the other colours did look nice. Perhaps in the future.
From another thread on suits, I decided on a Tom ford navy suit a few months ago and I look forward to putting everything together when the Galways do finally turn up.
Thanks to this thread and a few others here at style forum... My bank account is in intensive care at the moment!post #1752 of 2537112/27/12 at 9:21ampost #1753 of 2537112/27/12 at 9:44ampost #1754 of 2537112/27/12 at 10:32amQuote:
In all honesty there was really not much in the sale I saw today, this is the least amount of shoes I have seen ever at their sale, only a few models in a few sizes , not many boots they only ones they had were were there were in small sizes and a few in black and grey shades, I am a UK 8.5 and was intending to buy two pairs but these were the only shoes I really liked noting else caught my eye. I will pass by in a few weeks to see if they have added any further shoes in the sale. Prices, most shoes were about GBP 470 and the boots around 560/=
They have a lovely Shannon boot but only in a size 8 E Uk on the 82 last , I would have bought that had they had it in my size!
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › ***The Not Even Slightly Official SW+D Booze and Cocktail Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 14 minutes ago
- › Rubber soled shoes 15 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 15 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 16 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 18 minutes ago
- › Recommend a good paring knife 21 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?