or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 112

post #1666 of 13250
Quote:
Originally Posted by niklasnordin View Post

I managed to snag the size 7 from morigimilano on ebay and although I am really happy about everything I think the color on that photo is a bit misleading.

Here's a pic I took of them after unboxing them which I think is closer to reality.

700

 

Wow, I agree there's quite a bit of difference in colour threre. But they're still sweet as he... Wear them in good health, would love to see some photos of them worn!

 

Cheers,

SKM

post #1667 of 13250
Quote:
Originally Posted by niklasnordin View Post

I managed to snag the size 7 from morigimilano on ebay and although I am really happy about everything I think the color on that photo is a bit misleading.
Here's a pic I took of them after unboxing them which I think is closer to reality.

With proper treatments, I think you could get them looking very similar to the other pair.
post #1668 of 13250
Quote:
Originally Posted by S K M View Post

 

Wow, I agree there's quite a bit of difference in colour threre. But they're still sweet as he... Wear them in good health, would love to see some photos of them worn!

 

Cheers,

SKM

All I have is the iPhone and I had to use the flash so the pictures turned out quite crappy, but here you go, better than nothing :)

 

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

post #1669 of 13250
Quote:
Originally Posted by niklasnordin View Post

I managed to snag the size 7 from morigimilano on ebay and although I am really happy about everything I think the color on that photo is a bit misleading.
Here's a pic I took of them after unboxing them which I think is closer to reality.

Just out of curiosity what Edward Green color is this? What does it say on EG box?
post #1670 of 13250
The color is different, but I like the color in your photo better! Enjoy!
post #1671 of 13250
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post


Just out of curiosity what Edward Green color is this? What does it say on EG box?

 

Edwardian Antique

700

post #1672 of 13250
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Had to return the Chelsea. The left shoe upper had what appeared to be a nail imprint. It was noticeable, and just deep enough to make me not want to keep them. This may have resulted from rough handling after leaving the factory. Who knows. Just as troubling - perhaps even more so - was that the captoe stitching on the left shoe was noticeably uneven. This certainly escaped the QC folks at EG. I guess it is further evidence of my previous contention - posted on a different thread - that, if a guy is in the game long enough, he may/will experience QC issues with almost any shoemaker.
The Wells in Dark Oak, on the 82 last, are splendid.

As fate would have it, Sky Valet had one pair left in 9/9.5D, 202 last - and on sale for $875. They shall arrive tomorrow. nod[1].gif
post #1673 of 13250
Got my first EG today, Pelham in dark oak. Half a size too big ..... ffffuuuu.gif
post #1674 of 13250
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post


With proper treatments, I think you could get them looking very similar to the other pair.

Exactly - use some renovateur and do a bit of burnishing and a good polish and the color will come up much richer. I generally find that EG's out of the box often have a very flat appearance and it takes at least one polish to bring out the beauty latent in the leather.

 

Cheers,

LM

post #1675 of 13250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longmorn View Post

Exactly - use some renovateur and do a bit of burnishing and a good polish and the color will come up much richer. I generally find that EG's out of the box often have a very flat appearance and it takes at least one polish to bring out the beauty latent in the leather.

Cheers,
LM

+1

Prior to their first wear, my dark oak EG Wells underwent a treatment of Saphir shoe cream in medium brown, followed by Saphir wax polish in medium brown, together with a decent bit of brushing and a soft flannel cloth. The beauty in and of the leather was much more apparent post-treatment.

A good weekend to all.
post #1676 of 13250
I didn't like the color at first, but against those pants. BEAUTIFUL!
post #1677 of 13250

Is the buckle connected to a leather strap or elastic strap on the westminster?

post #1678 of 13250
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanskl View Post

Is the buckle connected to a leather strap or elastic strap on the westminster?

Elastic.
post #1679 of 13250
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

As fate would have it, Sky Valet had one pair left in 9/9.5D, 202 last - and on sale for $875. They shall arrive tomorrow. nod[1].gif

Right on schedule. The fit is great. The shoes are in terrific shape. And Sky Valet threw in some shoe cream and some polish as an added surprise.

I have tried on Chelseas on the 82 last and the 202, each 9/9.5 D. The fit of the 202 is better for my foot (at least for this model). I actually like how it looks slightly better too (at least for this model). However, I don't dislike the 82 and have that last too, but in a blucher.
post #1680 of 13250
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmb View Post


Newmarket in Edwardian Antique. Dainite, fudge welt

Those are the boots I want... I just can't seem to find them in stock anywhere in my size. Where did you get them, if you don't mind me asking?

-LR
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy