Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Buying and Selling
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 6:00 pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/Last edited: 2/10/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 104post #1546 of 2537211/21/12 at 12:52pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1547 of 2537211/21/12 at 1:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Leaves
Just wanted to see if we have any more people interested in the Galway Group MTO, we already have a go on this but I just wanted to see if we have any stragglers that still wants in. It will look a lot like this Galway:
Price 8700 SEK (6960 SEK ex VAT)
Last - 82
Dark Oak Antique calf (lower)
Walnut country calf (upper)
Antiqued brass exposed eyelets with speedhooks
Fully lined shaft - burgundy (1st choice) or dark green (2nd choice) leather lining
Medium antique edgetrim
Brown Dainite Sole
PM me if interested. Sign up closes on Friday (Nov 9). Thanks to all of you who have participated in this Group MTO and a special thanks to CHRK33 who made this project possible.
I regret missing out on this MTOpost #1548 of 2537211/21/12 at 1:49pmpost #1549 of 2537211/21/12 at 1:54pmpost #1550 of 2537211/21/12 at 1:56pmpost #1551 of 2537211/21/12 at 2:09pmpost #1552 of 2537211/21/12 at 2:34pm
How did you come by those boots?
The style is called "Herrick" or "Montfort" and they are as rare as hen's teeth. It might be the only style in EG's back-catalogue which they refuse to produce any more (unless EG has changed their mind in the last few years).
Here is a discussion about that particular style on "AskAndy" some five years ago.
I do believe, it is the best looking boot ever (bar none).post #1553 of 2537211/21/12 at 2:49pmpost #1554 of 2537211/21/12 at 4:00pmQuote:
Ah, but you probably spend most of your day sitting in a chair (at least I do), and crossing your legs while sitting.post #1555 of 2537211/21/12 at 4:31pmpost #1556 of 2537211/21/12 at 4:32pmQuote:
Thats true, but the part that you would want to be supple for movement (buttons boots are chamois up there) is stiff and the part that should be thick on a boot is fine. If thats the statement I get it but it seems a pity. It seems like it would take a long time to become comfortable.post #1557 of 2537211/21/12 at 6:17pmpost #1558 of 2537211/21/12 at 10:31pmpost #1559 of 2537211/22/12 at 3:41ampost #1560 of 2537211/22/12 at 3:46am
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Currently, there are 1430 Active Users (316 Members and 1114 Guests)
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 8 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 21 seconds ago
- › Missing posters 33 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Balmoral Boot Porn 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?