TWO buckles per boot. I'm exhausted just thinking of it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Galwaytagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEdward Green Westministertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 3/5/15
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box Burgundy Delapre Last post on 7/5/15 at 1:04am in Buying and Selling
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 7:17 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 82post #1216 of 253129/17/12 at 5:47pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1217 of 253129/17/12 at 5:56pmpost #1218 of 253129/17/12 at 5:58pmpost #1219 of 253129/17/12 at 6:26pmQuote:
I can understand the apparent fastidiousness of the two buckles (I believe there is a similar RLPL model in non-boot form called the Ancel) when it isn't a boot; I've never been a huge fan of double monks. However, when it is an ankle boot I think it adds a certain rustic charm to the overall look. It is really hard for me to explain why but the combination of the two criss-crossing buckles coupled with the (what appears to be) 888 last on an ankle boot all work well together, in my opinion, even though they are dissimilar in design and looks. However, I can see how it could be construed as too fussy. Horses for courses.post #1220 of 253129/17/12 at 7:07pmpost #1221 of 253129/17/12 at 7:25pmpost #1222 of 253129/17/12 at 7:44pmWould much prefer a single strap in a boot configuration. Olney? Single strap to me is cleaner in appearance yet still has a certain uniqueness to it over other non-strap boots. But then I generally prefer single monks over double. If pressed, I'd choose the Lobb William monk boot over this example.post #1223 of 253129/17/12 at 7:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by gsugsu
Would much prefer a single strap in a boot configuration. Olney? Single strap to me is cleaner in appearance yet still has a certain uniqueness to it over other non-strap boots. But then I generally prefer single monks over double. If pressed, I'd choose the Lobb William monk boot over this example.
if someone put a gun to your head to choose between 2 pairs of $1000+ shoes, you'd go with JL? you're a brave manpost #1224 of 253129/17/12 at 7:54pmpost #1225 of 253129/17/12 at 7:55pmpost #1226 of 253129/17/12 at 7:58pmpost #1227 of 253129/17/12 at 8:02pmpost #1228 of 253129/17/12 at 8:03pmpost #1229 of 253129/17/12 at 8:12pm
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 41 seconds ago
- › Los Angeles - Tuxedo Shopping 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 6 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 7 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...