or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 78

post #1156 of 14440
Can anyone tell me the difference between the Canterbury and the Lichfield?
The only thing I can see is that the latter has smaller brogueing holes.




Edited by Crat - 9/10/12 at 11:58pm
post #1157 of 14440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

Not bad wtihout the heel counter but I prefer them with . . .

jesus christ happy.gif
post #1158 of 14440
Thanks to Ken, I just received my gorgeous new Sandrighams in Dark Oak Antique on the 82.
Will post some pics soon.
post #1159 of 14440
Well, I "needed" to add to my EG rotation and I was on the fence between the Westminster in antique oak and the Dover in the same color.

I had neither monk straps or split toes in my collection. In the end I went with the monk straps and ordered a pair through Leffot. I almost ordered a pair last year in a certain limited edition (as some of you may remember) but the pain of that loss has worn off. While I was there, I ordered a pair of Indy'r and 1000 miles as a gift for my girlfriend as she needs some boots to get her through winter.

Maybe I'll go back for the dover next year. Very tempted to order a pair of the Galways...
post #1160 of 14440
Here they are..deeply apologetic about the God-awful cell phone image, and to boot, it's a horrible, very rainy day here!
Dark Oak Antique is just sublime!

photo11hj.jpg
post #1161 of 14440
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

jesus christ happy.gif

Yes. I know pure apotasy to you, Frtizl. I have to say that I really prefer the heel counter. Certainly fine without, but a bit like a big breasted woman without a Derrière, if you ask me.
post #1162 of 14440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

Yes. I know pure apotasy to you, Frtizl. I have to say that I really prefer the heel counter. Certainly fine without, but a bit like a big breasted woman without a Derrière, if you ask me.

no worries. we already determined that it is a stand alone model called Dover. i like your analogy. noice.
post #1163 of 14440
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap10046 View Post

Here they are..deeply apologetic about the God-awful cell phone image, and to boot, it's a horrible, very rainy day here!
Dark Oak Antique is just sublime!
photo11hj.jpg

very nice
post #1164 of 14440
Just received my dark oak antique today. Cell phone picture:

post #1165 of 14440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek View Post

Just received my dark oak antique today. Cell phone picture:

Nice.
post #1166 of 14440
did you ever order that navy shell double monk?
post #1167 of 14440
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

did you ever order that navy shell double monk?

Now I remember that episode...gotta say that shoe is one of my favorite EG's. I wear mine a lot.

Difference between Lichfield and Canterbury just seems to be the size of the punching.
post #1168 of 14440
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

did you ever order that navy shell double monk?

Ha, no. This is my first pair of double monks. It took me 2 years to get over that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwh812 View Post

Now I remember that episode...gotta say that shoe is one of my favorite EG's. I wear mine a lot.
Difference between Lichfield and Canterbury just seems to be the size of the punching.

Seems like forever ago... Wish I had them though but these are beautiful too.
post #1169 of 14440
post #1170 of 14440
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post


...GOLLY!!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy