or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy - Page 8

post #106 of 8266
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post

Who did the resole w/sunken metal taps?
thanks,[/quote

EG.
post #107 of 8266

^ Some cobbler in DC is famed for doing sunken metal toe plates at a reasonable price, but the name of the establishment escapes me.

 

In any case, B. Nelson will do this as well. Testimonials here.

 

EDIT: I believe the DC place I'm thinking of is either Sky Valet or a place recommended by Sky Valet. Regardless, B. Nelson is well thought of, and at $30-$35, reasonably priced.

post #108 of 8266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaogou View Post

So, we have to choose between Spoo and Moo?

Is that like the lesser of two evils? biggrin.gif
post #109 of 8266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaogou View Post

So, we have to choose between Spoo and Moo?

Do you have a 9.5 in that shoe to sell?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreigen View Post

Is that like the lesser of two evils? biggrin.gif

Its not really.
post #110 of 8266
Taking Jerrybrowne's lead I wanted to share my collection. Loved his Dover's in suede. As I said earlier - probably my next MTO. I am happy to hear any ones thoughts on where my collection should go next. I have on order a pair of Cadogan's in mink suede and Ullswater in Mahogany country calf. I do all of my MTO's through Leffot - highly recommended. Thanks guys and enjoy.

1. Canterbury in Black calf on 888 - First pick-up from right here on SF.

IMG_3357.jpg

2. Asquith in Dark Oak calf on 888 - First MTO

IMG_3355.jpg

3. Westminster in Mahogony country calf on 888 - MTO

IMG_3354.jpg

4. Banbury in Brown suede on 89 - Thanks SF

IMG_3360.jpg

5. Wells in Dark Oak calf on 82 - Thanks SF

IMG_3353.jpg

6. Elmsley in Burgundy calf on 888 - Thanks SF

IMG_3352.jpg

7. Frome in Burgundy calf on 82 - MTO

IMG_3351.jpg

8. Dover in Walnut country calf on 606 - Leffot

IMG_3356.jpg

9. Galway in Dark Oak and Walnut country calf on 82 - Leffot

IMG_3349.jpg

10. Westminster in Navy Blue Crup on 888 - Leffot Third Anniversary Shoe

IMG_3358.jpg

11. Sandringham in Cognac Crup on 202 - Leather Soul

IMG_3359.jpg

12. Beaulieu in Dark Oak calf on 888 - MTO

IMG_3350.jpg
post #111 of 8266
Holy. Shit.
post #112 of 8266
Great collection. Your navy crup looks much more blue than mine do!
post #113 of 8266
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Holy. Shit.

Holy. Shit. +1, your collection doesn't have to go anywhere next, you can stay right there.
post #114 of 8266
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiloVance View Post

Something old (26-year old EG Windsors in Acorn for Nordstrom on the 201 - recrafted with HAF sole, sunken metal toe taps, dark brown waist, light sole edge treatment):
263
Something new(er) (EG Falkirks in Chestbut Antique on the 82):
263

Windsors are older than me and yet they appear to have be holding up better than I am. That's more a testament to the quality of EGs than my self-destructive tendencies

Crup is another word for shell cordovan? I have only see EG describe it that way
post #115 of 8266
Yep, the English (and some other Europeans) call shell crup. Not sure why....
post #116 of 8266
Good to know, thanks. Swh, I'm speechless
post #117 of 8266
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwh812 View Post

Taking Jerrybrowne's lead I wanted to share my collection. Loved his Dover's in suede. As I said earlier - probably my next MTO. I am happy to hear any ones thoughts on where my collection should go next. I have on order a pair of Cadogan's in mink suede and Ullswater in Mahogany country calf. I do all of my MTO's through Leffot - highly recommended. Thanks guys and enjoy. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1. Canterbury in Black calf on 888 - First pick-up from right here on SF.
IMG_3357.jpg
2. Asquith in Dark Oak calf on 888 - First MTO
IMG_3355.jpg
3. Westminster in Mahogony country calf on 888 - MTO
IMG_3354.jpg
4. Banbury in Brown suede on 89 - Thanks SF
IMG_3360.jpg
5. Wells in Dark Oak calf on 82 - Thanks SF
IMG_3353.jpg
6. Elmsley in Burgundy calf on 888 - Thanks SF
IMG_3352.jpg
7. Frome in Burgundy calf on 82 - MTO
IMG_3351.jpg
8. Dover in Walnut country calf on 606 - Leffot
IMG_3356.jpg
9. Galway in Dark Oak and Walnut country calf on 82 - Leffot
IMG_3349.jpg
10. Westminster in Navy Blue Crup on 888 - Leffot Third Anniversary Shoe
IMG_3358.jpg
11. Sandringham in Cognac Crup on 202 - Leather Soul
IMG_3359.jpg
12. Beaulieu in Dark Oak calf on 888 - MTO
IMG_3350.jpg

8.5E ? devil.gifinlove.gif
post #118 of 8266
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post

Yep, the English (and some other Europeans) call shell crup. Not sure why....

A "crupper" is a piece of leather that is attached to the horse and looped under the tail. My guess is the proximity of the "crupper" to location where shell is found is likely how it got its name. Just a guess from someone who was raised in horse country.
post #119 of 8266
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbuff View Post

8.5E ? devil.gifinlove.gif

8/8.5D is my normal size. A couple pairs are in E width. They are well-guarded. fight[1].gif Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Leather Soul claims that EG E width is equivalent to a US D, however, I know other US EG retailers order their EG shoes in D width. I think their D width is closer to the "normal" American width. What are other people's thoughts and experiences on this? I know D fits me better, but E still works.

Additionally, I've heard EG is really busy lately and MTO times are up to 8-9 months right now.
post #120 of 8266
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwh812 View Post

8/8.5D is my normal size. A couple pairs are in E width. They are well-guarded. fight[1].gif Thanks everyone for the kind words.
Leather Soul claims that EG E width is equivalent to a US D, however, I know other US EG retailers order their EG shoes in D width. I think their D width is closer to the "normal" American width. What are other people's thoughts and experiences on this? I know D fits me better, but E still works.
Additionally, I've heard EG is really busy lately and MTO times are up to 8-9 months right now.

My experience is the EG "E" is and American "D"

I posted these in the shoe damage thread. I picked them up from Leffot and love them.

233

233

233

233
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy